Where does Hall project

They like frierson at cb.

I hope not. Love the kids skills but it aint suited for DB. Hope he comes to Paradise camp this year to redeem himself as he didnt look too hot playing DB during drills. Had trouble turning and running after he jammed at the line.

It happens a lot in basketball but sometimes it takes athletes longer to "smooth" things out after a growth spurt and improve their hips. Kid deserves a shot at CB if it doesn't work out he can move to S. Keep in mind a lot of people think blades might be a better fit for S too.

Makes me wonder who the lockdown CBs will be in the 2018 class. Ivey? Campbell? I know Frierson and Blades are talented players, but does either one have the hips/speed to be lock down fast WRs? Jobe seems to have better CB skills than those two, but apparently the staff prefers Jobe at S.

Blades is the 70th best player in the nation as a CB and we get dumb questions asking if he's a "lockdown" CB. OMFG. Every **** CB on our board is a lockdown CB.

I have no doubt he's a talented young player. However, reports from supposedly knowledgeable posters have said he's not that fast and that he may be more suited to playing S.

Advertisement
As far as "lockdown corners":

It seems to me that the boundary corner in this system is ideally a Richard Sherman type of dude.We saw it last year when Colbert was healthy. A kid like Frierson or Jobe could bring that skillset. Ivey and Campbell look pretty good on the other side of that.

Randy "Macho Man" Russell says, "Not so fast, my friend!"...RR will play the Rover spot and be **** good at it. Jobe will be a DB....Frierson will be the FS....Hall will be a SS..Thats how I see it.

Can you explain the different responsabilities in this defense of each of those positions. Is Rover the strong safety?

Wheres LuCane when you need him? LOL. Ill do the best I can..Basically the "rover" in our 4-3 scheme is generally a defensive back who can rotate in a zone to come up and support on running plays and cover the flats on passing plays.

This seems ideal for RR as he is a downhill banger and good enough in space to dominate coverage in the flats. Let guys like Frierson and Hall worry about whats going on on the back levels because they are better athletes.

Advertisement

Randy "Macho Man" Russell says, "Not so fast, my friend!"...RR will play the Rover spot and be **** good at it. Jobe will be a DB....Frierson will be the FS....Hall will be a SS..Thats how I see it.

Can you explain the different responsabilities in this defense of each of those positions. Is Rover the strong safety?

Wheres LuCane when you need him? LOL. Ill do the best I can..Basically the "rover" in our 4-3 scheme is generally a defensive back who can rotate in a zone to come up and support on running plays and cover the flats on passing plays.

This seems ideal for RR as he is a downhill banger and good enough in space to dominate coverage in the flats. Let guys like Frierson and Hall worry about whats going on on the back levels because they are better athletes.

A true Rover is a safety/linebacker hybrid type that comes in on a team's 4-2-5 package. When most people think about a 4-2-5 scheme, they think of a nickelback as the 5th DB (because this is probably the most common 4-2-5 in the pros). But a lot of aggressive college football defenses like to sub the rover as the 5th DB, since it gives them enough versatility against the pass while giving up less against the run (and strength against the run, particularly out of the spread and run-pass option).

I mentioned the "Rover" because last year on the depth chart we did not list a strong safety... we listed a FS (which could be a free safety or field safety, depending on your scheme) and a Rover (which was Jamal Carter). I'm not sure if it's just terminology or if it's basically Diaz's way of noting he wants a Safety/Linebacker hybrid at SS, but it's the way the depth charts read last year (at least in the Spring and the start of the season).

Advertisement
They like frierson at cb.

I hope not. Love the kids skills but it aint suited for DB. Hope he comes to Paradise camp this year to redeem himself as he didnt look too hot playing DB during drills. Had trouble turning and running after he jammed at the line.

It happens a lot in basketball but sometimes it takes athletes longer to "smooth" things out after a growth spurt and improve their hips. Kid deserves a shot at CB if it doesn't work out he can move to S. Keep in mind a lot of people think blades might be a better fit for S too.

Makes me wonder who the lockdown CBs will be in the 2018 class. Ivey? Campbell? I know Frierson and Blades are talented players, but does either one have the hips/speed to be lock down fast WRs? Jobe seems to have better CB skills than those two, but apparently the staff prefers Jobe at S.

Blades is the 70th best player in the nation as a CB and we get dumb questions asking if he's a "lockdown" CB. OMFG. Every **** CB on our board is a lockdown CB.

smh

Advertisement
Gurvan Hall keeping options open after Miami Hurricanes commitment | High School Buzz

"I’m still going to have my options open,” he said Tuesday. “I’m not 100 percent committed.”

Sounds like a BS Commit to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Know your sources. PBP article is written by Adam Lichtenstein, former Gayturd and general p.o.s.

If he said it he said it , no one is gonna post lies like that

Gurvan Hall keeping options open after Miami Hurricanes commitment | High School Buzz

"I’m still going to have my options open,” he said Tuesday. “I’m not 100 percent committed.”

Sounds like a BS Commit to me

Know your sources. PBP article is written by Adam Lichtenstein, former Gayturd and general p.o.s.

If he said it he said it , no one is gonna post lies like that

It's still a Gaytor writer who is asking a kid, hours after he committed, if he is 100% ready to shut it down. It's just trash, ****** journalism, which is to be expected from a Gaytor homer like Lichtenstein.

Notice how CJ Smith was somehow not asked this question by the PBP today

I'm not always hip to the nuances of film evaluation, but this kid clearly needs to be tasked with murdering opposing skill position players. He's real good at that.

Advertisement

Jobe will be a DB? Of course he will because he is. Jobe plays defense, is not a LB and is not a DL so of course he's a DB. The question is what kind of DB will he be? FS
SS? CB? Nickel CB? Personally I like Jobe at CB but he could also be an outstanding safety.

Advertisement
Back