Off-Topic Where do you get your news?

colperm

Sophomore
I've been gradually dipping my toe into the OT threads and it's pretty clear that there are a multitude of viewpoint represented, which is a great thing. As most are aware, we live in a time where the quality of information is under attack and I'm interested in learning where folks get their news and which voices they are drawn to. I'll start:

Bottom b*tches:
Breaking Points
The Hill

Side chicks:
Timcast IRL
Rubin Report

Favorite voices/channels:
Joe Rogan
Jordan Peterson Youtube channel
Coleman Hughes
Triggernometry
Sam Harris
Douglas Murray

In posts, I've mentioned that I generally classify myself as a disaffected liberal and, for right or wrong, tend to gravitate towards voices who've had similar journeys.

Advertisement
I surf many different sites to get a flavor of whats out there, but as far as what I take the most seriously, its the WSJ and Reuters.

I've been gradually dipping my toe into the OT threads and it's pretty clear that there are a multitude of viewpoint represented, which is a great thing. As most are aware, we live in a time where the quality of information is under attack and I'm interested in learning where folks get their news and which voices they are drawn to. I'll start:

Bottom b*tches:
Breaking Points
The Hill

Side chicks:
Timcast IRL
Rubin Report

Favorite voices/channels:
Joe Rogan
Jordan Peterson Youtube channel
Coleman Hughes
Triggernometry
Sam Harris
Douglas Murray

In posts, I've mentioned that I generally classify myself as a disaffected liberal and, for right or wrong, tend to gravitate towards voices who've had similar journeys.

You dont listen to Maher?

Advertisement
BBC, AP, Reuters when reading.

Local public broadcasting affiliate if driving when not listening to KMHD

Advertisement
I start and end my day with my two spiritual advisors.

Don Lemmon and Jim Acosta.

When necessary, I reach out to Michael Moore for a sanity check.

They always get me right when I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
hard to read much since my time is so stretched but I try to gather as much as I can from various Reddit subs (just an easy way to have one place with a cross section of news). Other than that, I enjoy listening to bbc radio on occasion. I’ll also listen to some podcasts that are on the short side (npr ones).

That’s pretty much it.

LOL you must be devastated about CNN+
Bereft of purpose. Rudderless. When I heard the news, I punted my favorite chihauhua-great dane mix, Fifi, in a fit of despondent rage.

miniGif_20220622200029.gif

Last edited:
Go to CNN's homepage and read about Biden preparing for Roe to be overturned, new coronavirus subvariants, and what to expect from the Jan 6 hearings.

Meanwhile, 1000 people died in an earthquake in Afghanistan.

Advertisement
Back