Where do we stand?

Advertisement
Coaching negates any position
That is usually true. M.C. had two very good seasons at Oregon because the players were so talented and the PAC was a bit soft at the time. That said, he will lose you at least one game every season (as he did with the Ducks) because he refuses to learn and experiment or trust his assistants. Get accustomed to confounding head coaching decisions.

Last edited:
Teetering up to the brink of the edge of the precipice and staring into the abyss of no return

Last edited:
With a Good QB we could be pretty good.

OL on paper looks like it could be good as well, but it remains to seen how they'll bounce back without Lee & Cohen. (And yes. I'm aware of the Indiana transfer).

EDGE Rush outside of Bain has potential, but is TBD.

WR needs another piece IMO, but depending on the QB & the Offensive philosophy can be manufactured into high productivity even without a true #1.

CB is... well... Never mind.

Next season will come down to what it always comes down to every season;
- Head Coach
- QB
- Defense

Advertisement
Mario managed to kill the one part where we reveled and felt good again and actually got to win despite the signs of a downward trajectory in wins the last 2 years. The signs were there:

The Off-season!!

We are now losers there as well.
Stanley Tucci Curse GIF by PeacockTV

im higher on brown than emory due to his physical strengths
Yeah its tough.

Brown actually had some great throws against Rutgers. He was fitting the ball in where it needed to be a bunch of times.

I think in a more spread out system that just unleashed him, he could thrive.

He did however look like he lost his speed and physicality from last year. Maybe he was being more cautious/tentative, but to me he looked like he was wearing weighted boots.

Advertisement
Without a QB next season the team will fold mid season. Mario ain’t stupid hes trying to get a QB and we know he has a milli9n advisors helping him so what is it? a real good QB can make a lot of receivers look elite. We have the line. To me it’s the offensive scheme. Going to the U was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I can’t fathom an elite QB not wanting to come to coral gables. Just maybe JB loves the whole Miami experience

Advertisement
Some would say an elite team is determined by its strength at 4 positions: QB, edge rushers, OT and WR (CB is obviously another).
Clearly Mario’s search for a QB is TBD. But where do we stand otherwise? And would Ward or Liberty QB put us in elite category?
Depth? Shallow at best. Expectations are sky high if people think 9 wins is the floor.

I know you all don't want to hear this but we had a very good QB last year who played injured because he wanted his team to win. But he was limited when hurt. Mario knew the extent of the injuries (3 of them) and instead of giving the guy credit for trying to win despite the injuries, ultimately decided to throw him under the bus by saying things like I have to hold him accountable when he didn't play well while injured. He replaced him with a guy, no where talented as him. And then when that player was done like that he transferred. Maybe Mario thinks he made the right decision. I think that was a mistake he will long regret. TVD could make every throw like Marino. But we sacrificed him for what? No Cam, no Howard? Nobody. How was that a good decision? In 2 years maybe emery might be a good but not great college QB but to think he is better than TVD is just ridiculous, And I will call out Dawson for ever thinking that was best for himself or the program. And no, for you crazies on the forum I am not Tyler.

After Mario did that to TVD why would anyone trust him not to treat another QB the same way? Maybe that is why Cam and Howard didn't want to come here? Because both Mario did what he did but also because Dawson didn't stand up for TVD?

Advertisement
BTW I think an OC has some obligation to protect a 4th year guy when he knows there is not the same talent behind him. That means BEFORE the head guy throws him under the bus the OC says hey HC is this the right move? Dawson didn't do that. A 5th year QB is more valuable that any other QB.

With a Good QB we could be pretty good.

OL on paper looks like it could be good as well, but it remains to seen how they'll bounce back without Lee & Cohen. (And yes. I'm aware of the Indiana transfer).

EDGE Rush outside of Bain has potential, but is TBD.

WR needs another piece IMO, but depending on the QB & the Offensive philosophy can be manufactured into high productivity even without a true #1.

CB is... well... Never mind.

Next season will come down to what it always comes down to every season;
- Head Coach
- QB
- Defense

IMG_0568.gif

Without a QB next season the team will fold mid season. Mario ain’t stupid hes trying to get a QB and we know he has a milli9n advisors helping him so what is it? a real good QB can make a lot of receivers look elite. We have the line. To me it’s the offensive scheme. Going to the U was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I can’t fathom an elite QB not wanting to come to coral gables. Just maybe JB loves the whole Miami experience
https://www.espn.com/college-footba.../ex-kansas-state-qb-howard-commits-ohio-state

"There were multiple pulls to Ohio State. Howard stressed that he enjoyed getting to know both Miami offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson and USC coach Lincoln Riley..."

Trying SO hard, Howard doesn't even mention Mario...Maybe he wouldn't come out of his office...
giphy-3776899392.gif

What is it, seven more years on the contract? Will he evolve to Cro-Magnon by the end of it?

Advertisement
Back