Where are they now? Kevin Olsen

johnnytsunami01

Sophomore
Looks like Kevin is helping big brother Greg with spotting during his broadcasts. Haven't seen it posted yet, but good for him for finding some success outside of football after some of the issues prior.

This video is a few months old, but shows Kevin a little after the 3 min mark

Advertisement
1 I'm glad things are working out for him

2 I'm glad this isn't a thread of people ****ting on him like I expected
homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Advertisement
1 I'm glad things are working out for him

2 I'm glad this isn't a thread of people ****ting on him like I expected
I'm glad too.

I wanted Kevin to succeed here, but obviously, he had some issues.
Everyone has different issues. But I'm glad he came out of it a different and better man and Imma continue to root for him. Hopefully we see him get into college coaching if he's a HS OC.

Anybody that’s been to college and even into graduate school or professional school afterwards, knows that a lot of issues crop up in that age range, mostly mental health related. I’m not saying that’s what happened to him, sometimes it’s just an issue of immaturity and partying, and then people get their lives back on track.

I can attest that I was no saint when I was in school, and had I continued on that path, I would’ve never stayed gainfully employed. I’m super glad that he’s getting his act together and wish him nothing but the best for his health and future success.

Advertisement
I met him when he was in high school. His football team was at a camp where i was coaching baseball at the time. I just happened to go to the dining hall that day and ran into him. I had heard he was spoiled and arrogant....he was the complete opposite. Very polite. He had not picked Miami yet but I told him the fan base is hoping he is a Cane. Said he was leaning that way but just wanted to make sure it was the best fit. We spoke for about 5 minutes waiting in line.

A lot of kids do a lot of dumb things from 17-22. Not letting him off the hook. But growing up with Money and in the shadows of an NFL great likely isnt easy. Glad he has apparently figured it out. I think Greg had a lot to do with it or who knows where things may have ended up.

Surprised but pleasantly surprised to hear he's turned his life around.

I thought he would continue down that road.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back