Where are the DT recruits? Why are they avoiding UM?

Wait so Russell Maryland didnt dominate in HS Football but came to UM and dominated on one of the GOAT defensive fronts? I know he wasn't highly recruited but please don't act like he barely played football in HS. Coaches saw Maryland on a recruiting trip while they were looking at another player on his team. I think there is funny story about one of our commits backing out giving us an unexpected last minute scholly that the coaches then used to get Maryland. Didnt hurt that Russell played opposite of Tez. Who do you double team in that line up? LOL

Point of this thread is OUR DTs SUCK! And there is nobody...i repeat NOBODY in the recruiting pipeline to address this. So this Sh$t aint going to get any better soon :( Thats on Folden and his staff. Five years later and we still don't have a single DT worth a damm. Suck on that for a minute.

Advertisement
Wait so Russell Maryland didnt dominate in HS Football but came to UM and dominated on one of the GOAT defensive fronts? I know he wasn't highly recruited but please don't act like he barely played football in HS. Coaches saw Maryland on a recruiting trip while they were looking at another player on his team. I think there is funny story about one of our commits backing out giving us an unexpected last minute scholly that the coaches then used to get Maryland. Didnt hurt that Russell played opposite of Tez. Who do you double team in that line up? LOL

Point of this thread is OUR DTs SUCK! And there is nobody...i repeat NOBODY in the recruiting pipeline to address this. So this Sh$t aint going to get any better soon :( Thats on Folden and his staff. Five years later and we still don't have a single DT worth a damm. Suck on that for a minute.

I guess reading, comprehension, and fact finding aren't strengths of yours. Maryland was the very definition of a diamond in the rough. Jimmy's defensive system was based on speed and simplicity. It allowed him to recruit the best and most aggressive athletes, regardless of position. He could have given a **** if a kid knew how to handle combo blocks in high school.

DTs don't want take space all game long, the system is a joke. The Sapps, Browns and Marylands of the world would never have existed had they played in this system.

Jethro Franklin is why

It's not Franklin. He takes his orders from the Fat Boys.

He is hands down the worst coach on staff. Can't close DT's or develop DL.

Why would a quick DT want to 2 gap when he could get up field and make plays at LSU and other schools?
THIS

Don't know why there's the vitriol against Jethro. He has pro experience and he has big time college football experience. He's being asked to coach these kids up in a 2 gap scheme. When your focus is on that rather than penetrating 3 3/5 technique for a DL, it's no wonder these kids don't have a pass rushing repertoire.

Because the idiots on here would blame their finger if someone caught them eating a booger.

Advertisement
Back