When's the last time you saw so many players wearing...

miamifan007

Junior
Premium
the same #'s? I can't remember in the past so many players that are starting or actually playing significantly wearing the same jersey #'s.

#3 Coley and Howard
#11 Ryan Williams and Gilbert
#17 Morris and McCord

May be more but those are the ones on the top of my head.

Advertisement
What number was Hope? He's now 24 but he was also a double #.

Jamal Carter changed to 12 cuz of being on STs with Herb as well.

#1 Burns, Hurns
#5 Dobard, Grace
#6 Carter, Waters
#7 Edwards, Hope

It's a great idea. Helps pull in those recruits who want a certain number. Golden gets it!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It confuses the announcers and cameraman. How many times do they say Stephen Morris and show McCord?

Yeah. I catch myself going, "****! Morris is flying toward that other quarterback!" Then I gotta hit my reset button, and say, "****! McCord is flying toward that other quarterback!"

By then, the next play has started.

They should unretire all numbers. Designate those numbers to be worn only by deserving seniors.

And, yeah, when you have a roster of over 100, you are going to have duplicates.

They should unretire all numbers. Designate those numbers to be worn only by deserving seniors.

And, yeah, when you have a roster of over 100, you are going to have duplicates.

Don't like retiring numbers, especially when you have so many kids on a team. Honor them in other ways like the ring of honor, at the school, etc.

Advertisement
Back