When you think of garbage, think of Akeem.

OP is a joke. All his players except the last bunch bolt from Miami. A couple comeand he talks **** about the team after a win. Against a team that a few weeks ago they were gargling the HCs ****. Low budget hs coach who can't move up acting like he knows football.
Canes won ***** ...
Son Of A Bitch Ngapa GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our wide receivers are like Jackson Heights own, Mr Randy Watson and his band sexual chocolate. They stink!!! Lol/smh
View attachment 133883
The sax player in Sexual Chocolate is this guy Karl Denson who wound up becoming successful in the jam and jazz scenes with Karl Densons Tiny Universe and the Greyboy Allstars. He dressed up as Randy Watson and had the whole band dress as Sexual Chocolate a few years back for Halloween. Definitely ****ed with my head for a while.

I mean u can have Trevor Lawrence as our QB and he would look pedestrian at times our WRs flat out stink. They get no separation and are not big and psychical so ur at a double disadvantage. At least if they were big u can just have them box out or jump ball some passes but then boys trash. Props to Lashlee getting points against a top 10 defense with what he’s got. And I’m not gonna trash king the guy has looked fine. He will improve just need to give him some help out there with the young WRs

So you didn't read the part when I said "sure the receivers suck, but I'm not putting that on King?"

He might just want to get on with his post football life. Whether that's coaching or the real world.

Isn't he like 23/4?

While I don't disagree with this at all, if you have the option of getting another free year of education at a very good private university, you take it.

This was the inherent problem with expecting a great team in year one or two. Its not a situation where we're super talented and just have questionable coaching. These offensive players were picked and coached up by two of the worst offenses we've had here. Now they're expected to be great with an abbreviated offseason.

While I tend to be on your side of this argument the vast majority of the time, I think there are some real, serious glaring issues that can't be justified by any of the above.

-The receivers can't catch, and the starters are all upperclassmen. That's not about limited practice or new guys, that's a PROBLEM.
-We still have tremendous, ridiculously untimely mental miscues. These issues are the hallmark of an undisciplined, unfocused team.
-The personal foul penalties have to stop. Phillips, I'm looking at you. You haven't done enough to earn those. Put up some games like Warren Sapp and you can get as many 15 yarders as you want.

Point being, we looked sloppy against Clemson and Pitt, and the issues are immature and focus-related, which is a direct reflection on the staff. Our starting group on both sides of the ball is collectively veteran enough where this $#!+ shouldn't be happening anymore.

Advertisement
He also seems to have a knack of keeping the ball when he should hand it off and handing it off when he should keep it.

@CashMoneyCane You hit that right on the head. I've been seeing this since the UAB game and it's very frustrating. I really do appreciate King and like you said King is a great kid and team player and I'm very happy to have him but it's true he was a bit overhyped. In all fairness we have faced 2 of the top 5 defenses in the country over the past 2 weeks so it's important to keep things in perspective. At this level King has some obvious limitations but his performances should improve from this point forward for a couple reasons. First we are not going to face another defense as strong as the 2 we just played. Secondly the OL and WR units should improve as we accrue more playing experience on the OL and as the younger more talented kids at WR begin to emerge.

1) If King's arm strength just isn't there, it's not gonna improve.
2) The WR's (starting trio) are two juniors and a senior. If they can't catch easy balls, let alone contested ones, at this point, they're not gonna turn it around this season either.
3) I think we've seen the best this OL is gonna do. The talent and specifically depth/experience just is not there. I've been saying that for years now, and until we fix the OL, we're never gonna be elite.

While I tend to be on your side of this argument the vast majority of the time, I think there are some real, serious glaring issues that can't be justified by any of the above.

-The receivers can't catch, and the starters are all upperclassmen. That's not about limited practice or new guys, that's a PROBLEM.
-We still have tremendous, ridiculously untimely mental miscues. These issues are the hallmark of an undisciplined, unfocused team.
-The personal foul penalties have to stop. Phillips, I'm looking at you. You haven't done enough to earn those. Put up some games like Warren Sapp and you can get as many 15 yarders as you want.

Point being, we looked sloppy against Clemson and Pitt, and the issues are immature and focus-related, which is a direct reflection on the staff. Our starting group on both sides of the ball is collectively veteran enough where this $#!+ shouldn't be happening anymore.
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

The big concern I have is that we were very disciplined to start and have regressed.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

The big concern I have is that we were very disciplined to start and have regressed.

This goes to what I was strongly saying before we played Clemson. What happens when we get punched in the mouth? Well, we failed epically against Clemson, which was probably to be expected. But did fare well against Pitt, with a solid defensive front that attacked our OL all day. That's good.

I have to imagine the mental lapses are partly a result of the quality of competition and the way they challenged us. Make no mistake, beating Pitt was huge. They're the best team left on the schedule until UNC, who just lost to a BAAAAAAD FSU team. I'm curious to see if we can get back to going through the motions and cleanly beating teams we should beat.

Advertisement
Devonta Smith is built similar to Pope but he plays physical. Do you see a Pope hanging on to that TD catch in the back of the endzone like Smith did?
They keep putting Pope as 6’1 but man I don’t see it. D. Smith had more film as a freshman than pope has had his whole 3 years here.
That Addison kid from Pitt is listed as 5’11 and had 147 yards against us. He’s a freshman.
If you have the skill set you can get open. Our dudes just don’t have it.

This goes to what I was strongly saying before we played Clemson. What happens when we get punched in the mouth? Well, we failed epically against Clemson, which was probably to be expected. But did fare well against Pitt, with a solid defensive front that attacked our OL all day. That's good.

I have to imagine the mental lapses are partly a result of the quality of competition and the way they challenged us. Make no mistake, beating Pitt was huge. They're the best team left on the schedule until UNC, who just lost to a BAAAAAAD FSU team. I'm curious to see if we can get back to going through the motions and cleanly beating teams we should beat.
We bounced back for certain.

My point about our penalties doesn't hold up to the numbers. It's just perception.

Against UAB: 3/30
Louisville 11/89
FSU 8/80
Clemson 15/135
Pitt 5/55

Facts as always but u saying it gives the thumbs up. If I say it without all the high football IQ **** I get bodied.

Advertisement
“These limitations” some of you think king have are funny... he was an excellent deep ball thrower at Houston, so what changed? He’s throwing to a mediocre at best receiver corps in which NONE of them like to fight for the ball.
You really don’t think King has limitations?
**** Broke, that’s even a bad take for you.

Thats not saying much...Last year our most talented wr was Buffalo's #2 wr.

When i said we needed to hit the portal...people laughed.

-I must say Pope had a solid game and we need to get him the ball in a similar fashion
Stevenson a stud though, that speed translates anywhere. And I agree We need to feed pope the ball, he gets open

We had Dugans and Stubbs recruits. They both had no idea what to look for. Dugans claim to fame was Devonte Parker... that’s it. Stubbs developed who?

We need to stop recruiting 7on7 ballers and start recruiting kids who produce in pads. And if they are smallish they better have a tape like Brashard Smith.

Pope and Wiggins had medicore HS careers stat wise. Harley is decent but just doesn’t have the size or the catching ability.

Payton’s opportunity is fading fast.

Smith has some of the tools you look for. As does Redding. We have one of the worst WR rooms in the country.

Advertisement
Back