When the Detroit Pistons realized Bruce Brown was ready for a bigger role

Advertisement
I'm a Pistons fan and it's been so much fun having him on the team. He's made them worth watching for me even though they suck *** as a team. I really hope they end up extending him to keep him there fore the foreseeable future.

The 2017-18 team was the most talented team that has been assembled under Coach L.
2013 and 2016 were the most successful but 2018 had more pro talent.
The injury Bruce suffered to his foot prevented that team from reaching its full potential.
His playmaking ability, defensive mentality and leadership covered the fact that that team did not have a true point guard.
The game against NC State was a glimpse of how special that team could have been.
I am extremely happy and never doubted he would be successful in the pros.

The 2017-18 team was the most talented team that has been assembled under Coach L.
2013 and 2016 were the most successful but 2018 had more pro talent.
The injury Bruce suffered to his foot prevented that team from reaching its full potential.
His playmaking ability, defensive mentality and leadership covered the fact that that team did not have a true point guard.
The game against NC State was a glimpse of how special that team could have been.
I am extremely happy and never doubted he would be successful in the pros.
Lonnie Walker lost us the Loyola game. I know that doesn't have anything to do with this but I'm still salty about that. I think they beat Tennessee if they beat Loyola.

Advertisement
Lonnie Walker lost us the Loyola game. I know that doesn't have anything to do with this but I'm still salty about that. I think they beat Tennessee if they beat Loyola.
I agree but ... Lonnie had done little throughout the season to make me think he would step up to be the critical factor in winning that Loyola game for us (or, any other particular NCAAT game). He rarely dominated, in the way you might expect a 5 star recruit to.

I agree but ... Lonnie had done little throughout the season to make me think he would step up to be the critical factor in winning that Loyola game for us (or, any other particular NCAAT game). He rarely dominated, in the way you might expect a 5 star recruit to.

Lonnie flashed his talent throughout the season, he had MULTIPLE games in which he carried the team. That comeback against BC was mostly on Lonnie, same with the performance he put up against Louisville. Throughout the season, Bruce and Lonnie struggled to coexist, mostly because they were both ball dominant guards that needed touches. Not having a true, experienced PG on the roster hurt a ton because that would have made the transition a lot better. Chris Lykes was a true freshman, he couldn't command the same kind of respect that someone like Angel Rodriguez could.

People had this crazy expectation that Lonnie was a Zion Williamson talent, when in reality, Lonnie is a talented player that had some things to work on. All 5 star talents aren't equal, some guys are hyper dominant, some guys flash but have to develop consistency. We never got to see him develop, because he was a one and done. Lonnie was the kind of guy that had he stayed 2-3 years would have been highly productive.

Advertisement
Back