WHEN RECRUITED LAMAR JACKSON

Golden was all in on Dwayne Lawson. Then Lawson decommited and Golden missed on Torrance Gibson and Jackson, so ended up with Sherriffs.

I don't think its accurate to say we werent recruiting him as a QB.
We did not offer him as a qb. We wanted Gibson and some other big names. We lost out, Jack committed and we made the deal. I don’t think we ever would have offered him as a qb. We took garbage to get a good QB. The ship was sinking and he was a big get at the time.

Advertisement
We did not offer him as a qb. We wanted Gibson and some other big names. We lost out, Jack committed and we made the deal. I don’t think we ever would have offered him as a qb. We took garbage to get a good QB. The ship was sinking and he was a big get at the time.

I believe he was offered as a QB. Otherwise it makes no sense that his announced final five schools were:

Louisville, Miami, Florida and Mississippi State.

All 5 were recruiting him as a QB. James Coley - our QB coach- was his primary recruiter. Miami just got into the game way too late.

I believe he was offered as a QB. Otherwise it makes no sense that his announced final five schools were:

Louisville, Miami, Florida and Mississippi State.

All 5 were recruiting him as a QB. James Coley - our QB coach- was his primary recruiter. Miami just got into the game way too late.
I had a relationship with the staff and remember it for reasons that aren’t board appropriate. They never recruited him to play quarterback. We were NEVER in it. If we were in his top five, it was only because he was a south Florida kid. He was as elite an athlete as could be. The staff wasn’t on him.... it was embarrassing to be honest. We all knew he was amazing. Everyone in the south Florida high school football community loved the kids game. Every year it’s the same ****. Everyone knows and the staff chases some idiot who leaves for a Alabama, Georgia or osu

wrong on all accounts

Lol at wrong on all accounts. James Coley literally messaged me and asked me to find out how interested Francois was because that's who he wanted before Lawson. He also loved Wimbush.

Completely forgot what happened with Lamar but after we got Lawson we stopped recruiting qbs until it was apparent he was going to decommit. Lawson got a miami offer in Feb 2014. Committed in May. OVs to VT in Nov and decommits in Dec. There is no way anyone can say Miami didn't choose Lawson over Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Golden was all in on Dwayne Lawson. Then Lawson decommited and Golden missed on Torrance Gibson and Jackson, so ended up with Sherriffs.

I don't think its accurate to say we werent recruiting him as a QB. Problem is we didn't show interest until very late in the game.

Well, Lawson and Gibson sure worked out for whomever got them.

Advertisement
Decisions like this are on par with Mack Brown's Texas not offering guys like Robert Griffin III...or Mark Richt not offering Deshaun Watson or Cam Newton.

They are symptoms of a greater issue with the institution. You can't possibly lose that much objectivity and lose touch from your primary recruiting base where you make misevaluations this poor at such a vital position like quarterback. Its the equivalent of drafting Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. They set your program back years or stagnate the program to the point of insignificance. When you have them on your doorstep, you've got to get them.

Georgia is about the feel the wrath of this quarterback mistake again as Josh Fields has Ohio State in prime position to win a national championship and Georgia has stagnated under Fromm.

Miami missing on Lamar Jackson or Teddy Bridgewater or other South Florida quarterbacks - while not primary reasons for the continued decline of our program - are canaries in the coal mine for the larger institutional decision making in the program over numerous regimes. They (and by THEY I legitimately mean everyone involved) don't understand what it takes to win in modern college football and they've misevaluated these types of players that are successful in college football for the larger part of the past 20 years. We are behind the curve in every aspect and these are just examples of the larger problems. Miami needs to be ahead of the curve to win big in college football and at least on the curve to be competitive...but Miami's now long drought comes in part to being very out of touch with modern football and as a result, we've been embarrassing af for nearly 20 years.

We need to start understanding - as a fanbase - that late af, insultingly late offers, are not real ******* offers. We swung and missed on a guy like Lamar. Period.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back