WHEN RECRUITED LAMAR JACKSON

marshallrc13

Senior
I know we offered late. But who was the qb we offered otherwise? Was is Malik Rosier? I can't remember and don't care to research.

Advertisement
Dwayne Lawson was committed to Miami for most the cycle after missing out on top targets Francois, Wimbush, and De’Andre Johnson. Lawson was chosen over Jackson.

I don’t believe we ever offered. 247 says he took a mid week OV but shows no Miami offer

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn’t they sort of recruit him for WR? I remember Muschamp did the same then when McEwan came on he tried but it was too late. He was a beast but although it’s 3 years later, I think dual QB’s are more valued now than when he came out. It’s needed now.

Dwayne Lawson was committed to Miami for most the cycle after missing out on top targets Francois, Wimbush, and De’Andre Johnson. Lawson was chosen over Jackson.

I don’t believe we ever offered. 247 says he took a mid week OV but shows no Miami offer

Lawson ended up going to VT and got kicked out, if I recall

Advertisement
This gets asked every year on here, pretty sure Golden initially offered him as a WR.

they didn’t see him as a qb. They wanted him as an athlete. He was better suited as a cb or wr. Lmao he was going to go to Nebraska, but Louisville stepped in and grabbed he before he pulled the trigger.

Advertisement
I know we offered late. But who was the qb we offered otherwise? Was is Malik Rosier? I can't remember and don't care to research.
Captain Jack Allison
Side note: we promised his father he’d be the only QB in the class. We offered Lamar as an athlete, but never really tried for him. If we had made a push for a qb in that class, we would have lost Jack. Sounds super stupid, but it’s real. We took FAU’s qb and that’s the end of the story. He almost went to Nebraska. I JUST learned Lamar Thomas told the Louisville staff about him and the rest is heisman history

Last edited:

wrong on all accounts

Captain Jack Allison

Golden was all in on Dwayne Lawson. Then Lawson decommited and Golden missed on Torrance Gibson and Jackson, so ended up with Sherriffs.

I don't think its accurate to say we werent recruiting him as a QB. Problem is we didn't show interest until very late in the game.

Advertisement
Back