When Miami ruled the CFB world.

I wonder how today’s media would have handled those swagger years. I saw a by line on ESPN referring to Colorado as “black” americas team. The media just loves stirring the **** pot.

Advertisement
I wonder how today’s media would have handled those swagger years. I saw a by line on ESPN referring to Colorado as “black” americas team. The media just loves stirring the **** pot.
I read the article, which actually provides some factual information (black household tv numbers) to support that statement.

Why is it offensive or a “**** pot”? Sometimes i am just curious why it bothers people, when there are clearly differences with some things along racial lines? Its not always a bad thing. Sometimes it’s just what it is.

Last edited:
Schnelly turned CFB upside down when he brought the pro style offense to the Canes. But swagger should be credited to JJ. ****, he even released a book last year with title “Swagger : Footballs, Brass Balls, and Super Bowls. He let the guys have fun as long as it didn’t hurt the team.

Got out out control with Erickson and Butch came in and cleaned up the mess. We’ll never see that type of Swagger again as CFB has changed dramatically. But that doesn’t mean we can’t return to our championship ways.

Those old Miami teams didn’t just change the culture of the game, they changed the way the game was played on the field. What often times gets lost in “swag” conversations is the innovation that Miami coaches employed on offense and defense. When Howard introduced the “pro style” passing attack, most of the powers in college football were still running ancient offenses that rarely threw the ball at all. When Jimmy employed his 4-3 defense most teams were still running the old 3-4 style defense with big linebackers who were tasked with taking on offensive linemen every play. (The old 3-4 was nothing like the odd fronts teams use today)

When Butch took over, it was a blessing and a curse. While he was able to amass great talent, a lot of the innovation from former coaches was no longer there. The program became 100% reliant on just “out talenting” everyone. Which is fine when you’ve got the talent but one or two sub par recruiting classes, a handful of poor evaluations and you get the Miami team we’ve had the last 20 years. Predictable on offense and defense but not talented enough to just overwhelm everyone.

Advertisement
****, I was hoping to be reminded of what a gallon of gas, Coke, movie, etc cost.

Thanks getting my hopes up an not delivering. Jerk.

😉

Miami dominate'n college football moves the meter ... half the country will tune in to root for us and the other half to root against us.
True. I honestly can’t think of a more polarizing team, or brand, in all of college football than the Canes. You either love them or hate them…there is no middle ground. In that sense, we’re very similar to the Yankees in baseball, or the Lakers in basketball. I think that’s why I became a Canes fan as a kid in the early 80’s…I’ve always gravitated towards teams who are alone on an island and enjoy being the villain. Im also a Yankees fan so I enjoy it.

Remember what Jimmy told his interviewer in the “Catholics vs. Convicts” documentary (this remark apparently was cut), “If we had had instant replay review back in the Eighties, Lou Holtz never would have won a Championship!”

I read the article, which actually provides some factual information (black household tv numbers) to support that statement.

Why is it offensive or a “**** pot”? Sometimes i am just curious why it bothers people, when there are clearly differences with some things along racial lines? Its not always a bad thing. Sometimes it’s just what it is.
I agree with you 100%. My point being that it’s the media that creates the racism they are responsible for dividing the people. Unfortunately a statement like that creates more unjust racism in America. And that is what the media does.

Advertisement
Miami brought the inner city to your living room and then smiled and taunted the rest of the college football. Hoya hoops amd Miami football changed the way those two sports were played.

Advertisement
Back