When Manny was fired from Texas

Mack Brown definitely scapegoated him, but that doesn't mean his system isn't garbage. It caught ND by surprise in 2017 in a big way and it's worked plenty of other times. But as others have said, you can't keep playing that same note over and over. If we're going to get anywhere next year at all, Manny neeeds to put his ego to the side and get a strong DC. I'm hoping that the humiliation of this game and the concern about face Bama to start next season will force him to do that.

Also ND in 2017 had a QB that was terribly inaccurate. I mean really really inaccurate. That plus the environment created a lot of what we saw that night from mannys D. JMO

Advertisement
Also ND in 2017 had a QB that was terribly inaccurate. I mean really really inaccurate. That plus the environment created a lot of what we saw that night from mannys D. JMO

ND's strength offensively was their running game. RB was top 4 on the Heisman watchlist before our game.

ND's strength offensively was their running game. RB was top 4 on the Heisman watchlist before our game.

Diaz defense struggles much less against run first teams, although Wisconsin had no problem either.

It’s the spread pass to run teams of modern football that he can’t stop at all.

When you constantly have to go back to one outlier game from four seasons ago to point out that Manny runs a good defense, you really have no argument.

Diaz defense struggles much less against run first teams, although Wisconsin had no problem either.

When you constantly have to go back to one outlier game from four seasons ago to point out that Manny runs a good defense, you really have no argument.

we do have our weaknesses on D, but overall, teams don't generally stop anyone anymore. the game has changed in how we view any defense. saban said as much this season. they'll end up letting up a ton of yards/points against UF too like they did against Ole Miss.

Does it matter what type of offense? He's stopped both. Regardless, his defense worked in stopping a really good-to-elite offense more than once, or it didn't. I didn't respond to your post because I was sure you were going to do exactly this...which is make an excuse for any team or instance I bring up...and I have 0 interest in building a defense case on a platter for the HC who just...allowed 12/12 to happen.

Advertisement
Get a seasoned DC with his own system and let him coach it. Just like he did with Lashlee. Except the role as CEO. Your impact is the hires you make reflect your vision. Fast, aggressive & tough. Then manage the program. Develope your recruiting game. Go see Coach Bowden and pick his brain on closing recruits. He’s still the best at winning over the family in my opinion. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

It’s truly amateur hour in Coral Gables. I’m no expert when it comes to X’s & O’s.. but **** it must be so easy to game plan against us.
You don't have to be a x and o guy to see the mix matches on lineup. And the impending butt thumping.

Does it matter what type of offense? He's stopped both. Regardless, his defense worked in stopping a really good-to-elite offense more than once, or it didn't. I didn't respond to your post because I was sure you were going to do exactly this...which is make an excuse for any team or instance I bring up...and I have 0 interest in building a defense case on a platter for the HC who just...allowed 12/12 to happen.

What good teams has he stopped outside of one freshman QB led ND team four seasons ago?

His career is literally chock full of beat downs by good teams. He’s the single most overrated DC by our fans of all time simply bc he’s from Miami and made up the chain.

What good teams has he stopped outside of one freshman QB led ND team four seasons ago?

His career is literally chock full of beat downs by good teams. He’s the single most overrated DC by our fans of all time simply bc he’s from Miami and made up the chain.

I have 0 interest in building a defense case on a platter for the HC who just...allowed 12/12 to happen.

I'm not going back and forth just for you to make an excuse on why he was able to do "good" or why such and such game didn't count because it happened out of the time frame that you deem fit. He was a DC for more than just 2016-2018, and not just at Texas.

Advertisement
Diaz’s defense was described as having

“poor fundamentals, and our complete innocence to aggression, physical play, or pride.”

Yikes.

Well done Blake James, well done indeed good sir! Smh
1608140472378.gif

Ok. I’ll rephrase. It wouldn’t be as bad.

The thing is that the comment and Saturday’s results suggest that in general Manny coaches soft and his players play soft and with no heart
And who exactly are these coaches and players a reflection of? I’ll give you a hint, the “boy” who leads them. Smh

Yes!

And to further the point. Its not even the scheme, or disguise, its the ability to adapt.

If a first half goes the way it did at UNC, and fans watching a TV see the obvious issue. A coach needs to be able to adjust. Have an abort button.

There is no scheme on earth, offense or defense, that is so perfect you can run it every time and succeed. Thats why coaches don't run the same play every play.

Football is like chess, you need to plan ahead, set things up, see the move ahead, adapt your strategy if its going wrong.

Blake Baker was essentially putting the king on check every turn, even if it meant his piece would easily get eaten. Just stubbornly aggressive.

Rant over.
Manny's defense is 'car rich, house poor'

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back