When Manny was fired from Texas

Mico Jones

Positivity!
Banned
Diaz’s defense was described as having

“poor fundamentals, and our complete innocence to aggression, physical play, or pride.”

Yikes.

Advertisement
FD712E98-23E7-41DE-AE15-4BE0190BEE17.gif

Advertisement
Definition of insanity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting different results.
Someone needs to sit down and have a 1 on 1 with Diaz and explain to him that his defensive scheme works, and it CAN shut down an offense. But it also has tons of holes, that are consistently exploited by a disciplined offense/scheme. His scheme is based off success through havoc and penetration. Someone said it before, and from the outside looking in, appears correct. He's playing his defense and expects it to work, then makes adjustments and try to take advantage of what the opponent's offense gets comfortable with....instead of scheming to counter heavy tendencies and force the offense into its weakness.

Advertisement
The biggest thing to me is not just the comment on fundamentals but the comment about lack of physicality and pride.

This scheme has holes but if the team played tough and physical it wouldn’t matter.

It’s not even that defensive scheme is terrible but you have to be multiple, you gotta be able to do more the knife in your D Ends and play safeties close to the line of scrimmage. This is not madden! You gotta have a play book of different coverages
Yes!

And to further the point. Its not even the scheme, or disguise, its the ability to adapt.

If a first half goes the way it did at UNC, and fans watching a TV see the obvious issue. A coach needs to be able to adjust. Have an abort button.

There is no scheme on earth, offense or defense, that is so perfect you can run it every time and succeed. Thats why coaches don't run the same play every play.

Football is like chess, you need to plan ahead, set things up, see the move ahead, adapt your strategy if its going wrong.

Blake Baker was essentially putting the king on check every turn, even if it meant his piece would easily get eaten. Just stubbornly aggressive.

Rant over.

Advertisement
Anyone that thinks Manny is a winner or good H coach or even decent HC, needs to be committed to the insane asylum.
This guys whole career has been smoke and mirrors, advanced by lots of smooth talking.

He’s a lot like Al Golden but more savvy.

Where as Al ( I sell used cars) Golden would steal your wallet,
Manny will steal your wallet but then help you look for it.
Bottom line.. he’s a fraud, a shister, a con man. The sooner he’s gone the better this program will be. Only one fooled by Manny at this point are Flake James, this awful administration and a few brain dead turn over chain fanatics. Every one else sees the emperor has no clothes.

Translated: The boat has holes in it but if the rower guy bailed harder and faster, it wouldn't sink around him.
Ok. I’ll rephrase. It wouldn’t be as bad.

The thing is that the comment and Saturday’s results suggest that in general Manny coaches soft and his players play soft and with no heart

Advertisement

The thing is that the comment and Saturday’s results suggest that in general Manny coaches soft and his players play soft and with no heart
That’s on him, right? Who else is responsible for culture and motivation?

Manny's system is designed to beat up third graders at recess, but lose fights against equal or better opponents when it counts.
He's stopped some good offenses as well....But the system just has so many holes that it will never consistently work....and absolutely does not hold up against teams that specifically scheme against it.

I watch our defense and I dont that our guys are soft mentally or physically. I think they make calculated decisions based on what they're being coached to do, and those decisions turn out to be very good or very poor.

Advertisement
Back