When is the last time Miami had a Good DT?

ajsmith724

Recruit
I was at the UVA game this weekend and was talking with a friend and some other fans, we really couldn't pinpoint when the last time Miami had a Good or even average DT. Watching them play Saturday was painful, we got absolutely zero push from the middle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have good DTs on this team now, they're being wasted away in this program.
Calvin Hertolou
Courtel Jenkins
Anthony Moten
Kendrick Norton

No one gets a push in a patty cake defense. We have above average dt's now in Moten, Jenkins, Kamalu, Hertelou, and Norton. Also remember how Luther Robinson never played here? He made a pro roster. Our it's are fine. The scheme and player development are not.

We've had some good DTs enter the program (Forston comes to mind), but we fvcked their careers up.

I'd say someone off that 05 DL. Kareem Brown or Orien Harris were legit.
But obviously Vince is the last great DT we've had. The only 1st rounder we've had since 03.

In fact he was the last DT we've had taken in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Allen Bailey is the last legit DT we had. He is balling for KC now. Some might argue he is a DE, but I am pretty sure he plays DT in their system.

Advertisement
Great thread..good job by you.

Biggest single issue with this team over the past 5-6 years. It all starts up front. We have had zero pass rush and penetration. Our LBs get smothered and caught in the wash. our secondary gets burned trying to cover guys for 6 seconds and we never get of the field on 3rd down.

Butch better go out and find 3-4 killer DTs as his first order of business.

Advertisement
If willis is 270-275 next year i would kick him inside to the 3 technique and let him kick guards *** all year.

Calvin Hertolou
Courtel Jenkins
Anthony Moten
Kendrick Norton

But do you honestly think any of these DT's would start at any major school? They might show potential at times, none of these players have ever taken over a game. Chad is the only I see the flashes on our d-line when Dorito lets him pass rush.

Advertisement
Calvin Hertolou
Courtel Jenkins
Anthony Moten
Kendrick Norton

But do you honestly think any of these DT's would start at any major school? They might show potential at times, none of these players have ever taken over a game. Chad is the only I see the flashes on our d-line when Dorito lets him pass rush.

No they would not start. Norton i think has the most upside. He needs to get in better shape and get his conditioning up and i think he will be big time.

It hurts to have so little production at a position that is probably synonymous with our dominant era. I mean, we had Pantheon guys come through here: Jerome, Russell, Cortez, Warren, Vince...and I know I'm missing a few.

Allen Bailey is the last legit DT we had. He is balling for KC now. Some might argue he is a DE, but I am pretty sure he plays DT in their system.

I still don't understand why he wasn't more dominant when he was at UM. He had some success when they moved him inside sometimes here, but never quite came around.

He looked pretty good making plays inside this past weekend in the Chiefs 3-4, tho. Gained some weight, but still quick.

We could have DL talent like that now and it would be completely wasted in the pattycake D we've had for the past 5 years.

Advertisement
WTF are you talking about OP?

Norton is a first round NFL talent!

What games are you watching? We are talking about actual game production and not Spring Camp wonders and U Tough All Stars. If a player can't produce on Saturdays it doesn't matter how good he practices.

It hurts to have so little production at a position that is probably synonymous with our dominant era. I mean, we had Pantheon guys come through here: Jerome, Russell, Cortez, Warren, Vince...and I know I'm missing a few.

William Joseph, Damione Lewis

What u mean a quick first step fast physical first round type of dt hmmmm? Oh yea butch recruited those i still dont see those on the rostef

Advertisement
Back