When I see the new crop of quarterbacks in the spring.

I don't think your GPA effects your ability to read and dissect a defense. But I'd rather have a 4.0 guy than a 1.0

If you're not smart enough to do well in basic high school classes then you're probably not smart enough to read and dissect a defense.

You can't complete morons playing QB, center, middle linebacker, or free safety and be successful.

We sign dumb players every year.

Sincerely

The SEC.

We have ****** QB's every year.

Sincerely,

The SEC.

/Arkansas doesn't count.

Advertisement
I don't think your GPA effects your ability to read and dissect a defense. But I'd rather have a 4.0 guy than a 1.0

If you're not smart enough to do well in basic high school classes then you're probably not smart enough to read and dissect a defense.

You can't complete morons playing QB, center, middle linebacker, or free safety and be successful.

We sign dumb players every year.

Sincerely

The SEC.

This.

Not necessarily. Certainly not at the college level. Two completely different types of cognitive activity are required for 'book learning' and reading players running around a football field. There may be a correlation between kids who work hard at developing both types of intelligence versus kids who slack off and don't work hard, but that's not a pure issue of smarts.

Advertisement
Back