When does on-field product start to impact local recruiting?

As many have said, winning will bring the recruits. That will take time, but I have to think we've got the attention of defensive recruits right now. I think a lot of those kids who said Miami was their "dream" school then went somewhere else would have ended up here but they didn't want to play in that raggedy-*** scheme we had. Kids like winning, but just seeing the guys we have getting upfield and creating havoc will make recruits give us a harder look.

Advertisement
Beat FSU, ND and win ACC. Pick your kids after that. Nobody wants to NOT be on Miami if we are back. We will be the hot ticket and the price to buy kids to go elsewhere will go way, way up. If we make the playoffs, ESPN will run two U docs on perpetual loop.

Gonna be tough to get through L'Ville this year though to get the ACC... I think we can do it, but not looking forward to it.

Al is gone so all things are possible. Team needs to be one game at a time thing but we can float in the clouds. Do you want Bama or OSU in first game of playoffs -- you you know they will makes us play both.

I'll take Bama first round. If we get through them then we got OSU for a rematch, and if we got through Bama, we'll get through OSU.

gotta beat FSU and go to the ACC Champ game (and not get blown out) IMO. That's when our "on-field product" matters and would show. Have an explosive offense for offensive recruits, continue playing an aggressive defense for that side.

After seeing 3 games I don't see how we don't make the ACC Champ game, FSU is def. a winnable game as well. Gotta keep our guys healthy and 3 lb's continue to learn and gain experience.

I sure hope Kaaya stays his senior season, feel Chad Thomas would finishing up his music degree.

Winning is important to recruiting, no doubt, but the overall culture and direction of the program are more important than any individual game victory. Satan lost to ULM at home in 07 and loaded up his next recruiting class. We well get the talent necessary to compete at the highest level. We've never gotten all the highest rated guys. What we need to get back to is getting the guys that fit what we do - especially from SF - and then develop that talent better than anyone else. Not worried about recruiting - especially in September.

Beat FSU and wel get their attention. Richt is going to make sure evryone is there to see it too.

Advertisement
Winning is important to recruiting, no doubt, but the overall culture and direction of the program are more important than any individual game victory. Satan lost to ULM at home in 07 and loaded up his next recruiting class. We well get the talent necessary to compete at the highest level. We've never gotten all the highest rated guys. What we need to get back to is getting the guys that fit what we do - especially from SF - and then develop that talent better than anyone else. Not worried about recruiting - especially in September.

Although it is certainly relevant, winning is, by itself, no guarantee of a good recruiting class. For example, after winning the 1991 national championship by beating Nebraska 22-0 in the 1992 Orange Bowl, this was our 1992 recruiting class from a month later:

1992 Class (21)*
Breakdown: Florida – 14, Out of State – 7

WR Jermaine Chambers (Homestead, Florida)
LB Antonio Coley (Hialeah, Florida)
TE Gerard Dephnis (Miami, Florida)
DL Marvin Davis (Homestead, Florida)
RB Danyell Ferguson (Miami, Florida)
DB Chris Gibson (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida)
DB Jack Hallmon (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida)
OL Steve Hochman (Agoura, California)
DL Kenny Holmes (Vero Beach, Florida)
OL JBertrand Ina (Franklin, Louisiana)
DB Aaron Jones (Merritt Island, Florida)
DB Carlos Jones (Marrero, Louisiana)
OL KC Jones (Midland, Texas)
DB Darius McCullum (Gainesville, Florida)
DL Ceasar O'Neil (Huntsville, Texas)
OL Ricky Perry (Miami, Florida)
DL Booker Pickett (Zephyrhills, Florida)
LB Twan Russell (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida)
RB Al Shipman (West Palm Beach, Florida)
QB Chris Walsh (St. Paul, Minnesota)
ATH Marcus Wimberly (Memphis, Tennessee)

This is, at best, a sort of OK group. If you're wondering about probation or some such, there was none at that time. The kids were just not flocking to play for Dennis Erickson. Winning seems to be a factor, but not any kind of irresistible magnet.

Would love to schedule some overated SEC teams for the media and the people/recruits that buy their hype. Glad we got LSU

Beat FSU, ND and win ACC. Pick your kids after that. Nobody wants to NOT be on Miami if we are back. We will be the hot ticket and the price to buy kids to go elsewhere will go way, way up. If we make the playoffs, ESPN will run two U docs on perpetual loop.

Gonna be tough to get through L'Ville this year though to get the ACC... I think we can do it, but not looking forward to it.

Al is gone so all things are possible. Team needs to be one game at a time thing but we can float in the clouds. Do you want Bama or OSU in first game of playoffs -- you you know they will makes us play both.

I'll take Bama first round. If we get through them then we got OSU for a rematch, and if we got through Bama, we'll get through OSU.

Think of the tears and gnashing of teeth if that happen -- Miami cuts down Satan and the Felon Master on way to another NC. Heck, Randy almost had Urban in swamp with Tebow the year they won the NC. If he had a QB we could have beat them.

Advertisement
Back