When does on-field product start to impact local recruiting?

CaneSB

Freshman
3-0 is a nice start but will the new aggressive Miami style defensive scheme have an impact on this recruiting cycle? Who are the targets that we can potentially flip or lock up their commitment?

Advertisement
It will matter if and only when we close the season strong. In 13' we had a strong start and were on the verge of a monster class but we floundered late and our class suffered. 3-0 doesn't mean ****. Close strong and win your bowl game and we will do great.

3-0 is a nice start but will the new aggressive Miami style defensive scheme have an impact on this recruiting cycle? Who are the targets that we can potentially flip or lock up their commitment?
I believe the Richt persona,current staff and better relations with HS coaches will be as big of a factor as the wins/losses.Game
analysts said it well"Since Richt replaced Golden,there has not been one plane flying overhead demanding a new coach,10k
more season tickets sold,it all good at Miami now."

Last edited:
I think the process of changing recruits attitudes about Miami is well underway, as far as when does our on the field performance start to really come into play, give it about a month and a half and I think we could see some things start going our way recruiting wise even more than they were before. This current recruiting class is pretty strong right now, if I had to name a couple recruits we secure I'd go with Carter and Telfort flipping back to us. Beyond that maybe some names come up we didn't know before.

It starts next month. The coaches will get dtuds bbecause of who they are but the field impact starts next month

Advertisement
Yeah, it doesn't matter so much about win loss, it helps. But they see them boys out there getting after it. Aggressive, blitzing, press coverage. That's what they love and are used to.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Beat FSU, ND and win ACC. Pick your kids after that. Nobody wants to NOT be on Miami if we are back. We will be the hot ticket and the price to buy kids to go elsewhere will go way, way up. If we make the playoffs, ESPN will run two U docs on perpetual loop.

Here's facts UM has a chance to be in the top 10 or right outside of it by FSU andGameday most likely wwon't be here but there will be a lot of ESPN coverage and many busloads of recruits who will be in love with the stadium. Win against FSU and stay healthy and we can win all of our games. It starts in 12 days

Beat FSU, ND and win ACC. Pick your kids after that. Nobody wants to NOT be on Miami if we are back. We will be the hot ticket and the price to buy kids to go elsewhere will go way, way up. If we make the playoffs, ESPN will run two U docs on perpetual loop.

They'll blow up Corbin for a Part 3

Advertisement

Price of the brick DEFINITELY goin up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Relax! Haven't you heard, we're not allowed to be excited about anything? Our looking ahead impacts the focus of the athletes...

But in all seriousness, I think we need a signature win before we get noticed. Dismantling GT and FSU would do that trick. Not only do we still have to completely get over the stink of the last regime, but we have to become relevant. The kids we are recruiting for the next two cycles were born in 1999 and 2000. I will say, if the defensive highlights are indicative of our new style of play, we may add 10-12 kids a year to NFL rosters.

Gonna be tough to get through L'Ville this year though to get the ACC... I think we can do it, but not looking forward to it.

Gonna be tough to get through L'Ville this year though to get the ACC... I think we can do it, but not looking forward to it.

Al is gone so all things are possible. Team needs to be one game at a time thing but we can float in the clouds. Do you want Bama or OSU in first game of playoffs -- you you know they will makes us play both.

Advertisement
Back