When Deion Becomes The Coach At FSU

How many of you are switching allegiances to FSU when Deion becomes the Head Coach? Show yourselves

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
buddy ain't never getting that job. The good ole boys up there already filled their quota for coc.

Advertisement
He pulled in big names through his fame alone, but that doesn’t mean he knows how to hire coaches and has mastered the art of game day.

Deion will get his in recruiting, but as far as gameday coach and CEO of a program, he still has a lot to prove.

Mario with the staff and budget we have now at The U, I wouldnt worry too much about FSU.

What kind of question is that? Switch allegiances to FSU? That does not compute.
308.png

I'm kind of lost here. Someone help me please. What is this fascination with Dion Sanders? What is this all about?
One of the greatest players ever, played football like he was still at the park in Florida which is relatable to our communities. Then went on to coach locally at a high school in texas i think, which is honorable especially someone of his status. Then went to a HBCU and now a spot light is back there.

Besides judging his character from the internet or tv and him playing for a rival why do people hate him?

Advertisement
i'm not the only one who will tell you this. you can ask @Cribby and @Liberty City El and maybe even @Brooklyndee can throw in here ..... but if you talk to any AD's (or even other coaches) who really know what is going on in college football, they will share with you some stone cold facts:

1) what Deion has done has been great for HBCU's generally, and has found a niche' to create some good PR and buzz for HBCU's. good for them and him.
2) it's not necessarily transferrable to a traditional Power 5 program
3). Deion is mostly about Deion. He's not a sociopath, not saying that, but the narcissism is such that he's basically the Donald Trump of college football
4) he's not exactly a great manager of staff or of a program. he's running things on the force of his personality, not because he has any of the management "Football CEO" skills needed to be a great coach
5) he's not all that interested in putting in the work to be that kind of coach either. no one is ever going to confuse him with don shula or nick saban.
6) he'll get on a plane to go visit a high-profile recruit any time. he's happy to do that, because that involves one skill he has, and is willing to do all day long: Talk (and frequently about himself). of course, most people will tell you he has minimal (if any) filter, and at a major program, his mouth will eventually get him into trouble. what he could get away with at jackson state, he won't necessarily get a free pass for in power 5.
7) lastly, if he did get a power 5 job (which would be a PR stunt at this point), it would be a circus, and most AD's know it. Actually, since FSU has a circus, that might be a good fit after all. either way, he'll snag a few high profile recruits here and there, given the glitz factor he can spin to the more gullible. but no one is going to feel threatened in a major conference because Deion just took a head coaching job.
For someone thats all about himself why waste his time coaching all these years? Im sure he doesn’t need the money or extra fame? Sounds like a honorable guy who’s passing knowledge down to the next generation , if thats all about himself then everybody else should do it and we’d all be better

One of the greatest players ever, played football like he was still at the park in Florida which is relatable to our communities. Then went on to coach locally at a high school in texas i think, which is honorable especially someone of his status. Then went to a HBCU and now a spot light is back there.

Besides judging his character from the internet or tv and him playing for a rival why do people hate him?
Because he is a fvkcing Nole. IDC if he is the 2nd coming of Malcolm X. I am not rooting for him.

Clown behavior this is football,nothing more lol. And by what I see you post on here im not even sure if you like the canes either lol
Disagree. Its not just football if you went to the school. That is the enemy. Not only that, but he is far from the modern day malcolm X. He coached at a HS in texas? big fvkcing deal lmao. He coached at an HBCU? Ya he did that because it was the only job he could get.

Him going to an HBCU is not something great for the culture either. If anything its bad for the culture. I would rather young black men go to D1 schools and get every opportunity to get an NFL contract. Than get conned into going to an HBCU by Deon, who is going to leave them high and dry in a couple years to go D1, and they will end up playing in the Canadian league.

Advertisement
Disagree. Its not just football if you went to the school. That is the enemy. Not only that, but he is far from the modern day malcolm X. He coached at a HS in texas? big fvkcing deal lmao. He coached at an HBCU? Ya he did that because it was the only job he could get.

Him going to an HBCU is not something great for the culture either. If anything its bad for the culture. I would rather young black men go to D1 schools and get every opportunity to get an NFL contract. Than get conned into going to an HBCU by Deon, who is going to leave them high and dry in a couple years to go D1, and they will end up playing in the Canadian league.
This is by far your dumbest post idk how u keep doing this so consistently, they should give u an award for it honestly.

And who the **** said he was anything like malcom? All I said it’s honorable that he went back to coach lol.

And yea they are the enemy when we’re on the field but if u think players from either side are just walking around looking at each other as enemies then u either high or got serious cte lol. This is football not war, at the end of the day all of them are blessed with the opportunity they earned to attend a college for athletics. Its funny because u fans take the rivalry more serious than players ever did lol sapp and brooks cool, prime and mike cool, but the original gator hater says its WAR lol foh

This is by far your dumbest post idk how u keep doing this so consistently, they should give u an award for it honestly.

And who the **** said he was anything like malcom? All I said it’s honorable that he went back to coach lol.

And yea they are the enemy when we’re on the field but if u think players from either side are just walking around looking at each other as enemies then u either high or got serious cte lol. This is football not war, at the end of the day all of them are blessed with the opportunity they earned to attend a college for athletics. Its funny because u fans take the rivalry more serious than players ever did lol sapp and brooks cool, prime and mike cool, but the original gator hater says its WAR lol foh
IDC what the players do. Fans do take it more seriously than the players. Gators and Noles fans are worse than the actual players. Did you go to the U?

There won't be an amnesty when you're found out, but here's your chance to come clean.
I pray they make him their head coach LMAO
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
He would fail on an EPIC level and burn the entire program down with himself. There isn’t enough popcorn 🍿 As it stands today, he doesn’t have the experience to lead a top tier program. He’d be a downgrade from what they have right now. They have no money, so maybe there’s a chance it actually happens. Fingers crossed. I’m dying

Last edited:
Deion recruiting at FSU is a problem, but not necessarily for us if Mario and staff are handling business. So it really depends on how long it takes Mario's staff to gel.

I could see Deion going to FSU and cranking out top 10 classes annually for a while. But I don't believe in him as a coach and his eventual failures on the field would kill all that positivity in recruiting.

Advertisement
Y’all are trash Mario cristobal is trash lol. Y’all must have forgot who is there now! Didn’t we beat y’all this year? Bums. That’s why every year we cherry pick who we want out of y’all’s back yard.
Goodbye, @Nolesonly, we hardly knew ye.

This jackass is nothing more than another Nole seagull, swooping in and pooping on our site. It's time for the ban hammer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back