When are ALL ACC teams selected?

Man, you think Miller disappears? I don’t know about that, bro. When I think of Miller the first thing that comes to mind is consistency.

He’s scored in double figures in every single game since November 23rd. Only shot it 5 times last game vs Pitt, but before that he had 9 or more shots in the last 9 straight games. Shooting 54% for the season. Been over 40% in 18 of the 20 ACC games. At least 5 boards in the last 9 straight games. When you’re getting your shots up, shooting a good percentage, and rebounding, kinda hard to say he disappears. Dude comes to play every single night.
I think during games depending on the flow he can just be out there for stretches....and its not even a knock because he isnt hurting us while this happens. Because your right he maximizes everything he does. But I was just trying to find a "criticism" of him. But when you have 4 guys who can drop 20 I think if another guy or two are rolling it can be easy to almost stand around and watch/stay out of the way.

Advertisement
Man, you think Miller disappears? I don’t know about that, bro. When I think of Miller the first thing that comes to mind is consistency.

He’s scored in double figures in every single game since November 23rd. Only shot it 5 times last game vs Pitt, but before that he had 9 or more shots in the last 9 straight games. Shooting 54% for the season. Been over 40% in 18 of the 20 ACC games. At least 5 boards in the last 9 straight games. When you’re getting your shots up, shooting a good percentage, and rebounding, kinda hard to say he disappears. Dude comes to play every single night.
Miller's fingerprints are on every game we play. He's our most important player and has been for the past two seasons. I'd go as far as saying that he is the most important player in the conference. His usage isn't as high as Wong or Pack nor does he have the gravitas of Omier, but anyone who truly knows the game realizes how important he is to our success.

Guys that can give you 15/6/3 on 50%+ shooting and can defend multiple positions don't grow on trees in the college game.

Miller's fingerprints are on every game we play. He's our most important player and has been for the past two seasons. I'd go as far as saying that he is the most important player in the conference. His usage isn't as high as Wong or Pack nor does he have the gravitas of Omier, but anyone who truly knows the game realizes how important he is to our success.

Guys that can give you 15/6/3 on 50%+ shooting and can defend multiple positions don't grow on trees in the college game.
Amen. I think Miller is also the most talented player on this team and he hasn't come close to reaching his potential. If he could find a way to consistently play at his peak level during the NCAA tourney (similar to how McGusty took off during the tourney last year), this team would win the whole thing.

I think during games depending on the flow he can just be out there for stretches....and its not even a knock because he isnt hurting us while this happens. Because you’re right he maximizes everything he does. But I was just trying to find a "criticism" of him. But when you have 4 guys who can drop 20 I think if another guy or two are rolling it can be easy to almost stand around and watch/stay out of the way.
It’s difficult to say Miller is just "out there for stretches" when he does so many things for this team. If he's not scoring, he's defending, rebounding, coming up with 50-50 balls, etc. Case in point, yesterday he scored 1 basket in the 1st half but still had an impact in what we were doing. He was all over the place fighting for loose balls and getting rebounds. Not to mention he was locking up on D.

A first team all conference player doesn't have horrific games like Wong has had this year. 2nd team at best. I'd give Nacho and Miller first team over Wong anyday.
I agree with you. I'd give the nod to Omier amd MIller over Wong (in that order) but ... it doesn't work that way. Wong gets the nod based on years in the program playing at a high level.

And, tbh, if you asked Coach L who he'd want to take the last shot in a tie game with the clock running down, he'd likely say Wong. Based on Zay's ability to penetrate to the rim/get fouled, he's prolly not wrong on that.

Advertisement
I think teams will be announced tomorrow. ACC usually announces the day before tournament begins.

For different reasons, I think Wong, Miller and Omier all have a legitimate shot at 1st team All-ACC. Seeing how the voters usually do things, I get the feeling they're going to go with Wong. Aside from being our leading scorer, he has name recognition and a history in the ACC. I think they'll put Miller and Omier on 2nd team. Pack possibly on 3rd team or HM.

If I had a vote my 1st team would be:

Tyree Appleby, Wake Forest PG 19ppg, 3rebs & 6asts
Terquavian Smith, NC St. G 17ppg, 4rebs & 4asts
Isaiah Wong, Miami G 16ppg, 4rebs & 3 asts
Armando Bacot, UNC F 17ppg & 11 rebs
Norchad Omier, Miami F 14ppg & 10 rebs

Knowing how the good ol' boys up in Tobacco Road are they'll find a way to leave Omier out and put in Filipowski.
They'll find a way to get that Duke kid - Filipowski? -on the first team. Averaging 15pts and 9.2 rebs

I agree with you. I'd give the nod to Omier amd MIller over Wong (in that order) but ... it doesn't work that way. Wong gets the nod based on years in the program playing at a high level.

And, tbh, if you asked Coach L who he'd want to take the last shot in a tie game with the clock running down, he'd likely say Wong. Based on Zay's ability to penetrate to the rim/get fouled, he's prolly not wrong on that.
Wong has choked many times down the stretch this year. I don't trust him at all late in games.

Advertisement
Wong has choked many times down the stretch this year. I don't trust him at all late in games.
C7687970-4789-4D76-806F-742467B07096.jpeg

I will believe the ACC writers putting TWO Miami kids on the first-team when I see it. And even then, I won’t believe it. These people absolutely despise Miami.

As I said. Zero chance these clowns are putting two Miami kids on a Tobacco Road owned ACC first-team.

But congrats to Wong, Jordan, and Norchad. All well deserved.

Advertisement

2022-2023 ACC Men's Basketball Award Winners​

All-ACC Teams

First Team

Isaiah Wong, Miami, 337
Armando Bacot, North Carolina, 324
Tyree Appleby, Wake Forest, 319
Hunter Tyson, Clemson, 271
Jamarius Burton, Pitt, 262

Second Team
Kyle Filipowski, Duke, 258
Terquavion Smith, NC State, 243
Jarkel Joiner, NC State, 203
Jordan Miller, Miami, 148
Blake Hinson, Pitt, 132

Third Team
Norchad Omier, Miami, 131
PJ Hall, Clemson, 126
Kihei Clark, Virginia, 102
Jesse Edwards, Syracuse, 54
Reece Beekman, Virginia, 54

I will add that Omier got the most votes of the third team players and was 1 vote off from tying Hinson (2nd team). But overall the committee don’t matter, we won the acc at the end of the day. Nothing else matters in terms of the ACC

Advertisement
Wong also ****ed us in the FSU game with his multiple turnovers, poor shot selection (A 3pt attempt off the side of the backboard)
You might nitpicking a bit here. Wong had 14, 3 & 3 in that game. Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination, but wouldn't necessarily say he cost us the game by himself.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back