When are ALL ACC teams selected?

Advertisement
I think teams will be announced tomorrow. ACC usually announces the day before tournament begins.

For different reasons, I think Wong, Miller and Omier all have a legitimate shot at 1st team All-ACC. Seeing how the voters usually do things, I get the feeling they're going to go with Wong. Aside from being our leading scorer, he has name recognition and a history in the ACC. I think they'll put Miller and Omier on 2nd team. Pack possibly on 3rd team or HM.

If I had a vote my 1st team would be:

Tyree Appleby, Wake Forest PG 19ppg, 3rebs & 6asts
Terquavian Smith, NC St. G 17ppg, 4rebs & 4asts
Isaiah Wong, Miami G 16ppg, 4rebs & 3 asts
Armando Bacot, UNC F 17ppg & 11 rebs
Norchad Omier, Miami F 14ppg & 10 rebs

Knowing how the good ol' boys up in Tobacco Road are they'll find a way to leave Omier out and put in Filipowski.

Advertisement
I won’t be shocked if we only have Omier as first team. Wong and Miller aren’t top 10 in any category. Probably Appleby, Bacot, Smith, Burton, Omier. they’ll probably try to sneak in filipowski tho

Advertisement
I think Wong makes it on reputation as best player on the best team.

I think Miller is very close to first team but ends up second.

Omier and Pack third team.

Wong is, IMO, the 3rd or 4th best player on our team, depending on whether you believe he is better than Pack (which I do not).
Kind of crazy, and stupid that Wong would receive more post season honors than Miller and Omier. But so much is reputation and how a player was viewed coming into a season. Writers are far too ignorant.

Wong might be the most replaceable guy of our starting 5. He's certianly the most inconsistent. That said, he has the name recognition so he's likely our only 1st team guy. Omier definitely deserves first team but likely gets 2nd team. Miller is critical to our team, but not flashy enough to get 1st or 2nd team. He (and possibly Pack) is/are 3rd team.

A first team all conference player doesn't have horrific games like Wong has had this year. 2nd team at best. I'd give Nacho and Miller first team over Wong anyday.

Advertisement
I believe Wong is top 5 in the conference among guards (PG or SG) in Pts, Reb, Assists, Steal, Blocks and FG %, FT% and top 10 in 3Pt %. The only guard that can say that I would bet.

He was in the final 20 for the Naismith mid year, just was named to the final 15 for the Wooden with guys like Edey, Sasser, Tshiewbe (Bacot the only other ACC player) he will finish with over 1800 points and yet he is easily replaceable, overrated, 3rd/4th best on our team.

Come on guys...seriously I know we are passionate but this is even extreme for our fan base. I know he has had 4-5 poor shooting games but maybe Wong is why guys like Pack, Miller, and Omier can operate the way they do. Meanwhile I bet 99% of the best players in the country have had a handful of bad nights. It happens. I think the last 2-3 games he has definitely forced things more than usual but he is a smart kid he knows this is it. Just has to settle back into the offense. We better hope we land a monster in the portal because Pack and Joseph cant do what Wong has done.

All that being said I love Miller as our Glue guy. Omier has done more then hold his own vs much strong comp and there are a lot of good guards in this conference. All 3 should make it. But I could also see only 1 making it. But for now Ill say Wong and Miller make it. Omier being quiet against UVA, UNC and 1 of the 2 games vs Duke will cost him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I believe Wong is top 5 in the conference among guards (PG or SG) in Pts, Reb, Assists, Steal, Blocks and FG %, FT% and top 10 in 3Pt %. The only guard that can say that I would bet.

He was in the final 20 for the Naismith mid year, just was named to the final 15 for the Wooden with guys like Edey, Sasser, Tshiewbe (Bacot the only other ACC player) he will finish with over 1800 points and yet he is easily replaceable, overrated, 3rd/4th best on our team.

Come on guys...seriously I know we are passionate but this is even extreme for our fan base. I know he has had 4-5 poor shooting games but maybe Wong is why guys like Pack, Miller, and Omier can operate the way they do. Meanwhile I bet 99% of the best players in the country have had a handful of bad nights. It happens. I think the last 2-3 games he has definitely forced things more than usual but he is a smart kid he knows this is it. Just has to settle back into the offense. We better hope we land a monster in the portal because Pack and Joseph cant do what Wong has done.

All that being said I love Miller as our Glue guy. Omier has done more then hold his own vs much strong comp and there are a lot of good guards in this conference. All 3 should make it. But I could also see only 1 making it. But for now Ill say Wong and Miller make it. Omier being quiet against UVA, UNC and 1 of the 2 games vs Duke will cost him.

My issue with Wong is his inconsistency. He has obviously done some great things this season, but he was brutal in the 2nd half of our loss to FSU, 1-11 in our loss to GT, 2-8 in our loss to Duke, 5-13 in our loss to Pitt (including multiple TOs down the stretch). He was 1-9 this weekend. He has also been a turnover machine lately (averaging almost 3 per game over the last 9 outings). I like Wong and he IS the key to a long post-season run, but i just dont think he's an ACC first team guy over Omier.

And when i say he is the most replaceable, Im not saying hes our worst starter because he isnt. I am saying we have other guys who can do the things that he does, but dont have guys who can replace Omier, Miller and Pack.

My issue with Wong is his inconsistency. He has obviously done some great things this season, but he was brutal in the 2nd half of our loss to FSU, 1-11 in our loss to GT, 2-8 in our loss to Duke, 5-13 in our loss to Pitt (including multiple TOs down the stretch). He was 1-9 this weekend. He has also been a turnover machine lately (averaging almost 3 per game over the last 9 outings). I like Wong and he IS the key to a long post-season run, but i just dont thing he's an ACC first team guy over Omier.

And when i say he is replaceable, Im not saying hes our worst starter because he isnt. I am saying we have other guys who can do the things that he does, but dont have guys who can replace Omier, Miller and Pack.
Fair enough. He has had moment where you just put your hands up. But other than maybe Miller I think everyone has...If I had to pick one criticism of Miller its that he does disappear at times. But if I am being level headed he isnt a true scorer. He just finds opens, weak side put backs, sets a pick and gets a smaller guy on him.

I hope Casey is attached to him every practicing and just watching how he goes about things.

Fair enough. He has had moment where you just put your hands up. But other than maybe Miller I think everyone has...If I had to pick one criticism of Miller its that he does disappear at times. But if I am being level headed he isnt a true scorer. He just finds opens, weak side put backs, sets a pick and gets a smaller guy on him.

I hope Casey is attached to him every practicing and just watching how he goes about things.

Man, you think Miller disappears? I don’t know about that, bro. When I think of Miller the first thing that comes to mind is consistency.

He’s scored in double figures in every single game since November 23rd. Only shot it 5 times last game vs Pitt, but before that he had 9 or more shots in the last 9 straight games. Shooting 54% for the season. Been over 40% in 18 of the 20 ACC games. At least 5 boards in the last 9 straight games. When you’re getting your shots up, shooting a good percentage, and rebounding, kinda hard to say he disappears. Dude comes to play every single night.

My issue with Wong is his inconsistency. He has obviously done some great things this season, but he was brutal in the 2nd half of our loss to FSU, 1-11 in our loss to GT, 2-8 in our loss to Duke, 5-13 in our loss to Pitt (including multiple TOs down the stretch). He was 1-9 this weekend. He has also been a turnover machine lately (averaging almost 3 per game over the last 9 outings). I like Wong and he IS the key to a long post-season run, but i just dont think he's an ACC first team guy over Omier.

And when i say he is the most replaceable, Im not saying hes our worst starter because he isnt. I am saying we have other guys who can do the things that he does, but dont have guys who can replace Omier, Miller and Pack.
Wong also ****ed us in the FSU game with his multiple turnovers, poor shot selection (A 3pt attempt off the side of the backboard)

Advertisement
Back