When a loss is a win

Cribby, any positive info you can share?

The thought of sitting and waiting until early December for anything to happen is torture… it’s like watching a dog attack my child and waiting until the dog decides to let go
I’ve been clear on Blake and Manny for a good while. We only have two games left , so you only have six more hours max of watching your child being rag dolled by a dog.

Advertisement
If we had won, I would have been happy for the players. I rooted for the team to win.

But I’m my heart of hearts I’m elated this nightmare is drawing to a close. If we had won today and gone on to beat even worse VT and Duke teams, the admin may have been sorely tempted to ride with Manny another year. Hard to fire a guy on a 6 game win streak.

Now, that comeback kid story is dead. Manny just looks like a clown driving in with stretch limos and rocking the bus. Celebrating before the win is locked down. He’s finally dead man walking.

I really hope the admin fires him by Monday and does not wait any longer. Manny at this point is cancerous to the team and program. I don’t care if it’s Zo, Shoop, Reed who takes over as interim. Just pivot and move on now.
With you man. For the first time in my long life, I didn't watch the game even. I had something to do with the kids that I would normally move to Sunday to watch the game. But this dude, along with all the other before him (cause he ain't alone in this ****), has taken all the joy of watching the team. I can't root again the players, but I also didn't feel bad when we lost as this gets us one step closer to getting rid of this guy. We'll see what happens.

It was a rollercoaster of a Saturday.. started the game pulling for the W, got off the to the atrocious start and my mind shifted to hoping Diaz just gets fired. Whatever that takes. Then we go on a 28-3 run and I'm back on the W train while hoping Diaz still gets fired despite a win. Only to watch the 60 yard play happen and then 4th and 14 and I was totally done.

Should have prefaced that by saying we were in Panama City Beach already which had been planned for a year. I sold my tickets to FSU after the MSU loss and wasn't gonna go. Bought tickets on Thursday night and ended up going. Made the 2 hour drive to Tally that morning. Tailgated for a few hours and got bad vibes and wasn't feeling it. Ended up selling my tickets to someone walking around looking for some and drove back 2 hours to watch in the condo. Very glad I didn't have to witness that in person.
I went through the same rollercoaster, but stayed for the game. I kept telling FSU fans they suck and did us a favor. They fired our coach and kept theirs. We win in the long ru. We weren’t going anywhere this year regardless or anywhere with Manny

That play happened right in front of me and my anger turned to happiness a few hours later. I realized it was really happening. We may actually have a new coach and AD next year. Who they are I don't know but I doubt a change is made if they can't significantly upgrade. I like to say we lost the battle but won the war.

Advertisement
I’ve been clear on Blake and Manny for a good while. We only have two games left , so you only have six more hours max of watching your child being rag dolled by a dog.

1637002056203.gif

Advertisement
Back