When a loss is a win

grover

Senior
Premium
If we had won, I would have been happy for the players. I rooted for the team to win.

But I’m my heart of hearts I’m elated this nightmare is drawing to a close. If we had won today and gone on to beat even worse VT and Duke teams, the admin may have been sorely tempted to ride with Manny another year. Hard to fire a guy on a 6 game win streak.

Now, that comeback kid story is dead. Manny just looks like a clown driving in with stretch limos and rocking the bus. Celebrating before the win is locked down. He’s finally dead man walking.

I really hope the admin fires him by Monday and does not wait any longer. Manny at this point is cancerous to the team and program. I don’t care if it’s Zo, Shoop, Reed who takes over as interim. Just pivot and move on now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we had won, I would have been happy for the players. I rooted for the team to win.

But I’m my heart of hearts I’m elated this nightmare is drawing to a close. If we had won today and gone on to beat even worse VT and Duke teams, the admin may have been sorely tempted to ride with Manny another year. Hard to fire a guy on a 6 game win streak.

Now, that comeback kid story is dead. Manny just looks like a clown driving in with stretch limos and rocking the bus. Celebrating before the win is locked down. He’s finally dead man walking.

I really hope the admin fires him by Monday and does not wait any longer. Manny at this point is cancerous to the team and program. I don’t care if it’s Zo, Shoop, Reed who takes over as interim. Just pivot and move on now.
Yep, I made a post pre game about don’t lose sight on this awful coach even if we win and even more of an indictment he needs to be fired if we lose and people were up in arms. It’s just the truth. I’m glad FSU did this to him too. How’s that cigar taste Manny?

Advertisement

Felt the same way.

Wanted to see losses against NC State, Pitt and Georgia Tech to end this nightmare—but wanted a win against FSU, because it's FSU. Goes without saying.

All that to say, once this one was in the books there was some solace that this ride is almost over—and all of those banging the drum about winning out and what not; they just had their ridiculous fantasy crushed.

Watching Diaz and his poorly run defense bailed out weekly by TVD—that isn't what Miami football needs in the long-term. We need Manure's *** out of here and some sweeping change—a ball that got rolling when Kirk Herbstreit shamed the program on national TV months back.

If change doesn't happen now, it's not happening anytime soon. Program is at a tipping point. Get this bum outta here and let's get this show back on the road.

Manny's mouth and ego with four consecutive wins would've been insufferable. He and this program needed to take this one on the chin for the greater good.

Emotional Support Dad TM
This sounds like it would make a great Tim & Eric bit. Cinco presents "Emotional Support Dad"
Sarcastic Tim And Eric GIF

Advertisement
This was not a normal loss by a missed FG that could've been blamed on the kicker or any one player.

This loss highlighted the absolute incompetence of Manny and his staff.

That last drive couldn't have been better scripted to expose the level of idiocy that runs this program ...

There always a silver lining that in retrospect, the end result turned out to be better than initially thought

Last edited:
It was a rollercoaster of a Saturday.. started the game pulling for the W, got off the to the atrocious start and my mind shifted to hoping Diaz just gets fired. Whatever that takes. Then we go on a 28-3 run and I'm back on the W train while hoping Diaz still gets fired despite a win. Only to watch the 60 yard play happen and then 4th and 14 and I was totally done.

Should have prefaced that by saying we were in Panama City Beach already which had been planned for a year. I sold my tickets to FSU after the MSU loss and wasn't gonna go. Bought tickets on Thursday night and ended up going. Made the 2 hour drive to Tally that morning. Tailgated for a few hours and got bad vibes and wasn't feeling it. Ended up selling my tickets to someone walking around looking for some and drove back 2 hours to watch in the condo. Very glad I didn't have to witness that in person.

Advertisement
I felt better after Saturdays game than I have in a long time. It’s like my soul had been douched. **** that guy and his daddy.
Cribby, any positive info you can share?

The thought of sitting and waiting until early December for anything to happen is torture… it’s like watching a dog attack my child and waiting until the dog decides to let go

Advertisement
Back