What's your take on us giving FSU fits these last two years?

People love to bash Jimbo for whatever reason but the reality is these game are rarely ever blowouts.

Both teams always have studs from FL and we play each other very tough.

We definitely lost because of Golden though. We had the talent to win those games.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Jimbo

so losing by 40 to oregon with an all star qb has nothing to do with it either?

saying that softly as I can

After winning like 30 games in a row? Every single team and every single great coach that ever lived had let down games and were blown out

Advertisement
He's also won a championship at FSU....

Dudes in here claiming Jizzbo sucks, but the guy is winning 11 or 12 or more all the time. Our new HC won 9 games a year.
He's also done pretty well in rivalry games and other big games. Everyone loses games occasionally, but for guys to pretend that Jizzbo is average is goofy.

I under stand FSU is our rival but Jimbo is a good coach. If you say he isn't than Mark Richt is garbage by that argument

I never thought Jimbo Fisher was that good of a coach. He needs not only the best talent on the field by a wide margin, but a lot of luck. His luck is running out, and the talent difference he needs to win is shrinking. I see one more year at FSU, then he jumps ship.

Treon Harris is 2-0 against Richt but Georgia had such a huge talent disadvantage :)

Thank God he decommitted from the Noles or Mark would be in trouble...

Last edited:
Jimbo is not an elite coach. He can recruit like gang busters though..

That said you have to remember he is on his first stint as a coach. Has not been a head coach for that long.

Advertisement
The game two years ago we were all over them. They couldn't move the ball nor stop us. Then in the second half we came out with a completely different game plan and did none of the things that was destroying them. That let them get back in the game. Last years game there seemed to be some lucky bounces keeping us in the game. I hope Richt looks at the two games to know what will work against them with what this team already has, and also to know what not to do. Mainly don't let up when ahead, and don't let that running back eat us up.

FSU has been a more well coached team in all facets of the game. Also, they have recruited as well, if not better, than any team in the country on the defensive line. That matters. They've also done a better job than Miami at picking up a few more essential game breakers through recruiting than Miami. The talent disparity isn't much. Miami gets players. But, those players haven't quite gotten to the level FSU has gotten their players to in recent years while in college. Couple that in with the in-game management disparity (and that is an ocean wide).

Those "close" FSU losses, look nice on paper and in hindsight, but Miami never felt like they could win those games no matter the score.

No obsession with Lane Kiffin but with the exception of 2013 Jimbo was ultra-conservative. His offenses was nothing special. I saw what Lane Kiffin did with a running back at qb with Sims and an average qb in Coker.

Coker almost beat out Winston. He didn't want to sit behind him when he lost the job, so he split. There was Trickett as well who put up very good numbers at WVU. Same story basically, left so he could play.

Whether or not one thinks Jimbo is great, good, average, or whatever....he can recruit QB's. I just found it odd that you brought up a guy that Jimbo would've still liked to have on the team when Winston had trouble off the field and when he departed for the NFL.

I know what Jimbo said but there was no way the competition was close between Coker and Winston. It was never close even from watching their spring game together. Heck Coker was almost relegated to 2nd string this year. Saban went after Golson hard. Lane Kiffin did a heck of a job with Sims and Coker. However I'm not saying he's a better HC than Jimbo. Jimbo is a good HC but average and conservative playcaller.

Advertisement
People love to bash Jimbo for whatever reason but the reality is these game are rarely ever blowouts.

Both teams always have studs from FL and we play each other very tough.

We definitely lost because of Golden though. We had the talent to win those games.

Has absolutely nothing to do with Jimbo

so losing by 40 to oregon with an all star qb has nothing to do with it either?

saying that softly as I can

After winning like 30 games in a row? Every single team and every single great coach that ever lived had let down games and were blown out

30?

He has one national championship with a once in a lifetime team that year with an elite defensive coordinator and qb.. and defense.. and wide outs.. list goes on

The true indication of how good someone is how they do with less, not more. The season they got destroyed by oregon they were beyond lucky to even get to that point, they easily could have lost like what 5 games that year? NC state was destroying them if I remember correctly.

Then last year.. just lol

Dudes in here claiming Jizzbo sucks, but the guy is winning 11 or 12 or more all the time. Our new HC won 9 games a year.
He's also done pretty well in rivalry games and other big games. Everyone loses games occasionally, but for guys to pretend that Jizzbo is average is goofy.

I under stand FSU is our rival but Jimbo is a good coach. If you say he isn't than Mark Richt is garbage by that argument
Of course he's a good coach. And I'm not shocked that our fans think he isn't. Same fanbase who thought Coker, Shannon, and Golden were good coaches until the damage was already done.

Only UM's dull fans would celebrate a total loser for 5 years and then claim that a guy with a national title and 30 win streak is not a good coach.

Last edited:
Truth be told, no question Jimbo is an elite recruiter, but I really believe FSU can thank the perfect storm combo of Winston/Benjamin for their last championship. Jimbo is a good coach, but the proof is in the pudding in regards to him being a little "suspect".

He recruits elite athletes just like his mentor Saban does, but for some reason, Saban has more championship hardware with a perennially much harder schedule than FSU does. Also, Houston can't tote FSU's jock when it comes to recruiting, yet, they just looked BETTER all game long, and Herman CLEARLY outcoached Jimbo in that bowl game. All I'm saying is, Jimbo is not a proven commodity just yet as far as being a coach IMO.

Advertisement

Winning 11 in the ACC is basically the same as 9 in the SEC. Plus the gators and canes have been down since he took over leaving the guy with 1 game a yr against a team near as good as his. Another BCS appearance soon with a non Jameis QB and I'll eat my words.

The fact that we were able to keep the game close last year, when the two other decent teams we played in Clemson and UNC blew us off the field also doesn't leave me with a great opinion of that team.

Of course he's a good coach. And I'm not shocked that our fans think he isn't. Same fanbase who thought Coker, Shannon, and Golden were good coaches until the damage was already done.

Only UM's dull fans would celebrate a total loser for 5 years and then claim that a guy with a national title and 30 win streak is not a good coach.

Amen brother. Those are our fans

Advertisement
Anyone see FSU after Mark Richt left and before Jimbo? They were unwatchable.

High School, College, and NFL are all games where you try and get the best athletes. If you do you win. Why fault a coach for getting the best players? Who cares how you win if you do it within the rules?

No obsession with Lane Kiffin but with the exception of 2013 Jimbo was ultra-conservative. His offenses was nothing special. I saw what Lane Kiffin did with a running back at qb with Sims and an average qb in Coker.

Coker almost beat out Winston. He didn't want to sit behind him when he lost the job, so he split. There was Trickett as well who put up very good numbers at WVU. Same story basically, left so he could play.

Whether or not one thinks Jimbo is great, good, average, or whatever....he can recruit QB's. I just found it odd that you brought up a guy that Jimbo would've still liked to have on the team when Winston had trouble off the field and when he departed for the NFL.

I know what Jimbo said but there was no way the competition was close between Coker and Winston. It was never close even from watching their spring game together. Heck Coker was almost relegated to 2nd string this year. Saban went after Golson hard. Lane Kiffin did a heck of a job with Sims and Coker. However I'm not saying he's a better HC than Jimbo. Jimbo is a good HC but average and conservative playcaller.
Did you just try and compare him to Saban as a benchmark? First off Saban is in GOAT territory. Plus he is 14 years older than Jimbo. Jimbo has only been a HC for 6 years and under the BCS system would have done played for back to back titles. Jimbo may not be elite overall, but he is top tier with Meyer, Harbaugh and Saban as the only elite guys I can think of. Don't be a homer about this.

I am convinced Jimbo considered it a bye week and told his assts "Just put in the same tape from 2010 and run the same plays. Cant stop and won't stop it. Not for 4 qtrs anyway." Now he will have to work and actually game plan. Why the "Keep Al Golden" shirts in Tally?

Advertisement
Back