What's Your Most Enjoyable Game Built Up As A Nail Biter But Ended As Total Dominance By Miami?

jjjrcanes

Sophomore
The 2002 Nebraska vs Miami NCG ranks up there for me.

I went up to my friend's house in Georgia to watch the game. A Nebraska alum from years ago was there! We had great BBQ and food all the flowing liquor, beer. Game starts I'm in the lazyboy talking trash with the Nebraska guy, By mid 3rd quarter the Nebraska guy got up complained about stomach aches and left. Really, he could have left at halftime because the game for him was ugly by then!! My drive home was great just thinking about our new and 5th NC!!!

What is your most enjoyable UM game that was built up as a nail biter but was dominated by Miami and what were you doing that day?!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is another bigtime game that ended up being totally dominated by Miami!!

The 'Noles put this video together prior to the 1988 season and their match-up with the Miami Hurricanes. FSU entered the season ranked #1, which the 'Canes took as an insult because they won the national championship the prior year. They were already upset that FSU was ranked ahead of them, and they got even more ****ed off when Jimmy Johnson played this video for them. The 'Canes went on the win the game 31-0.

Where was I and what I was doing...I can't remember!! But I know I was in front of the tube!!

The Noles made one of the worse videos in CFB history and while Miami was already fuming about them being ranked ahead of them when they were the NCs the year before!

Advertisement
The U versus Texas in the Cotton Bowl. I remember a quote from a sports reporter. He went into a room where he met the Miami players for interviews. He said they were so small he felt sorry for them going against the enormous size of the Texas players, after the game he said the Miami players grew over night.

The U versus Texas in the Cotton Bowl. I remember a quote from a sports reporter. He went into a room where he met the Miami players for interviews. He said they were so small he felt sorry for them going against the enormous size of the Texas players, after the game he said the Miami players grew over night.
It was Fat *** Texas player Stan Thomas who was running his mouth all week prior to the game...especially his comments about the Pre Game Barbecue earlier in the week...

And the announcers were building up that RB called Hadnot that our Df almost broke in half! Yeah that was a total beat down!!

Advertisement
Actually Bosworth had a Great game...He singlehandedly Hurt our Running game...Think he had 18 Tackles...
Bosworth had a good game being the star that he was (10 solo tackles). But what stands out was how he wasn't the factor that he was billed to be.
And he ended up putting on a UM t-shirt before the game was over... I clearly remember that. Below is an excerpt from the Chicago Tribune titled:
MIAMI BLOWS AWAY OKLAHOMA... Robert Markus, Chicago Tribune... Sept. 28, 1986

Switzer`s own Heisman Trophy candidate, linebacker Brian Bosworth, had nothing to be ashamed of, either. He made 10 solo tackles, including a sack of Testaverde, and played himself speechless--quite a feat in itself.
Dehydrated and suffering from cramps, Bosworth, who talks a great game and almost always puts his talent where his mouth is, walked past a horde of reporters without comment.
Another Sooner who was silenced by the stunning result was quarterback Jamelle Holieway, who sneaked through a narrow corridor of reporters on his way back to the team bus. It was the only daylight he found all day as a Miami defense that has been consistently underrated frustrated the vaunted Oklahoma wishbone attack.
The Sooners had averaged 464 yards a game on the ground in two runaway victories, but were held to 189, much of it meaningless yardage in the fourth quarter.
''A lot of that was due to Jerome Brown,'' said Sooners` running back Spencer Tillman, referring to the Miami tackle whose statistics were negligible but whose domineering presence was awesome.

Canes vs Houston 1991....epic

Houston was a top 10 team for a few years and running up the score on teams....on top of that had some big mouths about how they would put up 50 or more ans not care....

We beat them so bad....the Houston program didn't recover until about 15 years later....seriously

Also 2001 game vs Washington....but I knew we would destroy them....most amazing part is when my late cousin went on a lunatic fringe after the Jerome McDougal TD and we were in West End Zone....**** near got commited lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bosworth had a good game being the star that he was (10 solo tackles). But what stands out was how he wasn't the factor that he was billed to be.
And he ended up putting on a UM t-shirt before the game was over... I clearly remember that. Below is an excerpt from the Chicago Tribune titled:
MIAMI BLOWS AWAY OKLAHOMA... Robert Markus, Chicago Tribune... Sept. 28, 1986

Switzer`s own Heisman Trophy candidate, linebacker Brian Bosworth, had nothing to be ashamed of, either. He made 10 solo tackles, including a sack of Testaverde, and played himself speechless--quite a feat in itself.
Dehydrated and suffering from cramps, Bosworth, who talks a great game and almost always puts his talent where his mouth is, walked past a horde of reporters without comment.
Another Sooner who was silenced by the stunning result was quarterback Jamelle Holieway, who sneaked through a narrow corridor of reporters on his way back to the team bus. It was the only daylight he found all day as a Miami defense that has been consistently underrated frustrated the vaunted Oklahoma wishbone attack.
The Sooners had averaged 464 yards a game on the ground in two runaway victories, but were held to 189, much of it meaningless yardage in the fourth quarter.
''A lot of that was due to Jerome Brown,'' said Sooners` running back Spencer Tillman, referring to the Miami tackle whose statistics were negligible but whose domineering presence was awesome.
I actually met Bosworth at, IIRC, the Fountainblu before the game and he was a really good dude, not at all what I expected. He played a character.

The 'Noles put this video together prior to the 1988 season and their match-up with the Miami Hurricanes. FSU entered the season ranked #1, which the 'Canes took as an insult because they won the national championship the prior year. They were already upset that FSU was ranked ahead of them, and they got even more ****ed off when Jimmy Johnson played this video for them. The 'Canes went on the win the game 31-0.

Where was I and what I was doing...I can't remember!! But I know I was in front of the tube!!

The Noles made one of the worse videos in CFB history and while Miami was already fuming about them being ranked ahead of them when they were the NCs the year before!

BINGO!!!! Nice 8PM kickoff in the OB, long tailgate that day, hardly knew my own name by kickoff. Left the game early to beat the traffic just to get back in front of the TV in south Miami to watch Craig Erickson in mop up duty throw a TD to make it 31-0. Remember very little except for Deion getting trucked into the endzone by Cleveland Gary, hilarious!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Canes vs Houston 1991....epic

Houston was a top 10 team for a few years and running up the score on teams....on top of that had some big mouths about how they would put up 50 or more ans not care....

We beat them so bad....the Houston program didn't recover until about 15 years later....seriously

Also 2001 game vs Washington....but I knew we would destroy them....most amazing part is when my late cousin went on a lunatic fringe after the Jerome McDougal TD and we were in West End Zone....**** near got commited lol

Good call. Houston and their coach, John Jenkins, loved rolling up 70+ on D2 teams. Miami said ‘not tonight’ and destroyed their OL and QB, who I think was David Klinger. Cougars scored their lone TD on a short pass inside the last minute of the game. Jenkins was later fired for holding illegal, extra practices. He may be out of football.

Best me to it! This is my game. Smoked these chumps!

I actually met Bosworth at, IIRC, the Fountainblu before the game and he was a really good dude, not at all what I expected. He played a character.
I totally agree about him being a nice guy. He simply played intensely and was vocal as well... that's why I said that playing us in 86 was a sobering experience for him.

Don’t remember the year but we thumped ND so bad that they fired their coach, refused to play us thereafter and only recently are back.

We did that to everyone in the 80’s, 90’s and early 00’s.

Only team that played us tough was FSU and they suffered greatly bc of us

Advertisement
Back