What's Your Favorite High School Football Team?

Advertisement
why isn't the title of this thread "Where did you go to high school?"
Because that's not the thread. There will be different answers. I spent far more time at Suncoast than at Plantation as a student.

But I am far more connected to the latter as a program (worked at the program doing film) and community (I live there). I haven't so much as SEEN the new campus of the first high school I attended, lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I went there from 94-97. The baseball program was one of the better ones in the county/state at the time. The original main building had structural issues and was replaced by a new building towards the north end of the property a few years back. I lived in Pembroke Pines but at the time there was no high school in Pines so we all went to Cooper City.
**** my brother was on the baseball team during that time too. He was the catcher. Also, full back for the football team they called him "bowling ball".

FL:
Miami Northwestern #Bullpride 🤘🏽🐂💙💛
Miami Central
Miami Edison
Booker T Washington
Carol City
Killian
Coconut Creek
Boyd Anderson
Blanche Ely
Dillard
Miramar
Chaminade Madonna
Palm Beach Central
Glades Central
Pahokee
Atlantic
Suncoast
Boynton Beach
Clewiston
Vero Beach
St. Lucie West Centennial
Jensen Beach
Lehigh
Naples
Jesuit

TX:
North Shore
Duncanville
Shadow Creek
Cedar Hill
Clear Lake
SouthLake Carroll
South Oak Cliff
Westlake
Lake Travis
Guyer
Ryan
Aledo
DeSoto
Fort Bend Marshall
Fort Bend Hightower
Allen
Rockwall
Spring
King
Katy
Klein Cain
Frisco
Flower Mound
Longview
Del Valle
Cy Park
Little Elm
****inson
Garland
Lewisville
Woodlands
Stephenville
Gilmer
Pioneer

AZ:
Chandler
Hamilton
Saguaro
Chaparral
Gilbert
Salpointe Catholic
Highland
Pinnacle
Desert Edge

NV:
Bishop Gorman
Desert Pines
Liberty

CA:
Centennial
St. John Bosco
Mater Dei
Lincoln
Serra
Edison
Liberty
Inglewood

IL/MO:
East Saint Louis
Fenwick
St. Mary’s
DeSmet
Lutheran North
Cardinal Ritter
John Burroughs
St. Charles
Chaminade
University

OK:
Booker T Washington
Broken Arrow
Owasso
Santa Fe
Choctaw
Bixby
Marlow
Deer Creek
Putnam
Pawhuska

AR:
Fayetteville
Clarendon
Parkview
Bryant
Robinson
Arkadelphia
Prescott
Springdale
Shiloh Christian
Bentonville

Rene Capo was an HML teammate of mine during late 1970s. He did a little Judo on the side going back to his early youth in Cuba...anyways, our wrestling team lost their heavyweight guy for a big match so they bumped 180 lb Rene up to that division and he proceeded to pin Lester Williams, who later played at UM and NE Patriots. Rene dispatched a stud athlete who 2 inches taller and at least 70 lbs heavier. Years later, he is a 6,1/230ish lb DT for the UofMinnesota. I was told he was the smallest starting DT in the Big10. After football he went back to Judo on a whim and ended up repping the USA in the Pan-American games and later Seoul Olympics....dude was a badass...we had some really impressive athletes back in the day..
Even the no.1 men's gymnastics team at one point with an Olympian....several celebrities too, including Vince D'Onofrio...lol
Lol...I know all about Rene Capo...Coach Suman would tell every wrestling team about it...and yes it was Lester Williams...who some consider the greatest athlete ever from Dade County...some of my family still say the greatest they ever saw...great career at the U and 1st rd pick of Patriots.
Rene almost made Olympics again at age 47...sadly passed away from lung cancer the next year...Ironically almost 10 years later, Lester Williams passed.

**** my brother was on the baseball team during that time too. He was the catcher. Also, full back for the football team they called him "bowling ball".
I do vaguely remember there was a kinda short, stocky dude who played running back (or maybe fullback) and I was surprised at how quick he was.

Advertisement
I do vaguely remember there was a kinda short, stocky dude who played running back (or maybe fullback) and I was surprised at how quick he was.
That’s hilarious because that was definitely my brother. He also was the catcher for the baseball team. Chris O’Keefe. I am his little brother. I went to Chaminade, Western, and Flanagan in south Florida plus a school in NC. Needless to say I was the problem child
😂
🤣
😂
🤣

Lol...I know all about Rene Capo...Coach Suman would tell every wrestling team about it...and yes it was Lester Williams...who some consider the greatest athlete ever from Dade County...some of my family still say the greatest they ever saw...great career at the U and 1st rd pick of Patriots.
Rene almost made Olympics again at age 47...sadly passed away from lung cancer the next year...Ironically almost 10 years later, Lester Williams passed.

Lester Williams was two years ahead of me. A buddy/teammate of mine who later played at UM went with me to check out Lester and a couple of his teammates compete in a track meet at HML. Up to that point had never seen a dude that big in my life....buddy and me, who had just finished jv football looked at each other, wondering how the he!! we could block someone like him.
Yeah, Capo was a good friend of another buddy of mine who followed him to Minnesota and who I believe worked together for awhile after college. I later read that he had actually been trained in Judo as a youngster in Cuba by a world-class Judo guy who was famous in that country.....never really had much interaction with him at HML except for one time I tried out for wrestling team desperately looking for bodies and I was paired up with him. Dude twisted me, threw me around like a blowup doll...that was my first and last day trying that sport...lol

One more thing about Lester and his Carol City team, they had a huge team. They had James Gilbert (FB-DT-FSU/NFL) and Johnny Lewis (DT-Oklahoma, Giants) plus sophomore William Roberts who later played at OSU and Giants.

Anyways, too bad about Lester and Capo..they died too young.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FL:
Miami Central
Miami Edison
Booker T Washington
Carol City
Killian
Coconut Creek
Boyd Anderson
Blanche Ely
Dillard
Miramar
Chaminade Madonna
Palm Beach Central
Glades Central
Pahokee
Atlantic
Suncoast
Boynton Beach
Clewiston
Vero Beach
St. Lucie West Centennial
Jensen Beach
Lehigh
Naples
Jesuit

TX:
North Shore
Duncanville
Shadow Creek
Cedar Hill
Clear Lake
SouthLake Carroll
South Oak Cliff
Westlake
Lake Travis
Guyer
Ryan
Aledo
DeSoto
Fort Bend Marshall
Fort Bend Hightower
Allen
Rockwall
Spring
King
Katy
Klein Cain
Frisco
Flower Mound
Longview
Del Valle
Cy Park
Little Elm
****inson
Garland
Lewisville
Woodlands
Stephenville
Gilmer
Pioneer

AZ:
Chandler
Hamilton
Saguaro
Chaparral
Gilbert
Salpointe Catholic
Highland
Pinnacle
Desert Edge

NV:
Bishop Gorman
Desert Pines
Liberty

CA:
Centennial
St. John Bosco
Mater Dei
Lincoln
Serra
Edison
Liberty
Inglewood

IL/MO:
East Saint Louis
Fenwick
St. Mary’s
DeSmet
Lutheran North
Cardinal Ritter
John Burroughs
St. Charles
Chaminade
University

OK:
Booker T Washington
Broken Arrow
Owasso
Santa Fe
Choctaw
Bixby
Marlow
Deer Creek
Putnam
Pawhuska

AR:
Fayetteville
Clarendon
Parkview
Bryant
Robinson
Arkadelphia
Prescott
Springdale
Shiloh Christian
Bentonville

Yo man. You next level with all this

Imma help you out since you skimpin' in North Florida for some reason 😃

Daytona Beach Mainland
Ocala Vanguard
Jax Raines
Gainesville East Side (not a UF feeder school)
Tallahassee FAMU (not a FSU feeder school)
Pensacola Pine Forest

FL:
Miami Central
Miami Edison
Booker T Washington
Carol City
Killian
Coconut Creek
Boyd Anderson
Blanche Ely
Dillard