What's Your Favorite High School Football Team?

Advertisement
Rohan was 91 and I was class of 90 so a few years older than you. My mom still lives down there (I'm up in Broward now).
Great place to grow up, at least back then. I haven't really been south of Hard Rock in many years, but hoping to take the family back for a visit soon. I'm up in N Fla now after many years living up north. So good to be back in FL, but don't think I could afford to live my lifestyle in Miami or South Florida now.

Advertisement
View attachment 172124
Great athletic program back in the days...Baseball program used to be the greatest with a National Championship...Chris Corchiani who became ACC all time hoops assist leader and played for The Magic and Celtics...Armando Allen in football...used to love whipping that Tbred ****.
Yes..and unfortunately their athletic program has really sucked now...

Rene Capo was an HML teammate of mine during late 1970s. He did a little Judo on the side going back to his early youth in Cuba...anyways, our wrestling team lost their heavyweight guy for a big match so they bumped 180 lb Rene up to that division and he proceeded to pin Lester Williams, who later played at UM and NE Patriots. Rene dispatched a stud athlete who 2 inches taller and at least 70 lbs heavier. Years later, he is a 6,1/230ish lb DT for the UofMinnesota. I was told he was the smallest starting DT in the Big10. After football he went back to Judo on a whim and ended up repping the USA in the Pan-American games and later Seoul Olympics....dude was a badass...we had some really impressive athletes back in the day..
Even the no.1 men's gymnastics team at one point with an Olympian....several celebrities too, including Vince D'Onofrio...lol

17902.png

Screenshot_20220113-094918_Chrome.jpg

Jacket Pride!!!!!!

Advertisement
Punta Gorda's Charlotte High Fightin' Tarpons: Former Head Coach Binky Waldrop's 2003 Tarps were the first West Coast team to beat Mighty St Thomas Aquinas in the Regional Final. I played there and so did my three sons.

Waldrop was Florida's latest football coach inducted (last week) into FACA Hall of Fame. Football is played everywhere around this state.

2022 Hall of Fame Inductees
Bryan Baucom, St Thomas Aquinas (Softball)
Dwayne Donnell, Dunbar/Evangelical Christian (Girls Basketball)
Carlos Giron, St Thomas Aquinas (Girls Soccer)
Dan Marsee, Suwannee (Weightlifting)
Binky Waldrop, Charlotte (Football)
John Walsh, St Thomas Aquinas (Boys Soccer)

9948eac1bad700fe58d0bd611c6e6951.jpg

Last edited:
We were ranked in the USA Today top 25 in baseball one year.. I went to school there back in the late 70's when it was a relatively new school.
Palm Avenue between Stirling rd. and Taft st. Was a dirt road..

Responding to DTP on Cooper City.
I went there from 94-97. The baseball program was one of the better ones in the county/state at the time. The original main building had structural issues and was replaced by a new building towards the north end of the property a few years back. I lived in Pembroke Pines but at the time there was no high school in Pines so we all went to Cooper City.

Advertisement
Advertisement
SW Eagles. We finally beat you in a football game in 1995

:pgdead:
Ahh, our Thanksgiving Game.
Remember one year we won 10-0.
Walked up to an Eagle and said, "All you needed were 5 safeties to tie us."
We laughed, we were in a garage band together.
"Some Day", he replied..

Advertisement
Back