Whats your favorite Al Golden-ism or quote?

Advertisement
His best was his first, the "Are you kidding me..." quote when he was on campus for all of what, a few hours and did the first presser. Quote guns blazing.

Advertisement
"It's up to them. it depends if they'll put down their facebook for their playbook."

"You can't beat this drill alone. You can't beat this drill with selfish people. You can't WIN with selfish people!"

"Everybody has to accept their role. You cannot have a promotion until you MASTER your role!"

These are just a few of my favorites. Being that I'm a Coach, I generally listen to him with a pen and and paper!

Advertisement
"DON'T ***** TRANSFER"

That was a good one. I had forgotten about that one.

One of my personal favorites was:

"When the allegations came out, why didn't you quit?" "Because if I did then the man in the 6 foot cell would win."

Love my signature too...it's basically uphold the standard and a STFU to the people who say "yay, we were all-acc academic team." Yea, that's great, but we are a football team so we're here to also win games.

Edit: When I had a sig it said: "There is a tremendous history here, a history of winning championships...there is no other standard."

AMEN

Advertisement
Advertisement
"He can't even finish THAT drill. This is like Optimist...you can do this in Optimist... Seriously, I could go get a 7th grade guy to do this drill and finish"

Advertisement
Back