What's wrong with this fanbase?

aelmiami

Lost & Confused
This fan base has some serious issues with supporting their team. If I were to ask Miami fans three years ago, what would this team look like heading into 2014, what would some of the responses be? Probably on probation, bowl bans for the next seasons, major scholarship reductions and middling program heading down a nowhere path. Most fans would, most fans meaning fans other than Miami fans, would say where we are considering where we were three seasons ago, would look at this and say that is quite the accomplishment. But Miami fans, not a chance in ****. Our coach cleaned this program up in really one season. All the dead weight, trouble making kids were gone before the season truly started. And he has slowly built this team under the NCAA scrutiny and negative recruiting for 2.5 seasons. We lost our best position coaches, Fisch, McDonald, and Richardson before this season. We lost our best offensive player right as we hit our toughest part of the schedule and we still managed to win 9 games. A two win improvement from last season, even with all the changes. If we have Duke for the Va Tech and Duke games, we would've won those two games. This was a 10-11 win team last season with a healthy Duke Johnson, but he wasn't and we had a RB committee that wasn't ready for that workload. I know the defensive problems we had, added depth and players better suited for the system will help alleviate some of the issues. But as a fan base, why do we hate this program so much? People are really considering not donating money to their "favorite" football program. People will boycott games, I mean really? People always say, how come these S FLA kids don't wanna stay home and play for their hometown team? It's funny because those some people are the ones who won't support this program. At all. Butch will never coach here again. PSU is not gonna hire Golden. I may be in the minority on this one, but when Golden leads this team to great things I'll be waiting for this fan base to jump onto it's own bandwaggon and support our Coach.

Advertisement
145.jpg

aelmiami,
Perhaps I can provide you with the knowledge you seek. First allow me to ask these questions:

1) Are you a UM alum?

2) Did you grow up in south Florida?

Lol at if we had Duke versus Duke and/or VTech we win those games. C'mon man, get a grip.

Advertisement
aelmiami,
Perhaps I can provide you with the knowledge you seek. First allow me to ask these questions:

1) Are you a UM alum?

I'm attending, right now. And no, I'm from south georgia and I see passionate SEC fanbases every time I go home, which is where my confusion comes from. Like Tennesee fans always support their teams and look what they've been through.

aelmiami,

1) Are you a UM alum?

I'm attending, right now. And no, I'm from south georgia and I see passionate SEC fanbases every time I go home, which is where my confusion comes from. Like Tennesee fans always support their teams and look what they've been through.

You don't know what we've been through.

Ah exactly. A current student who embraces the concept that we shouldn't allow anything but elitist AP students into the university, and as such not use the sliding scale that every ******* good team uses.

You ain't no Cane. You are a University of Miami student. The U is dead, and we have you and your ilk to thank for it.

Advertisement
That's why they're Tennessee. If you want attendance smack; if you want who has the gayest fight song in the SEC smack; if you want who has the corniest traditions smack, then I suggest you take your show back to duh SEC. This Miami.

aelmiami,

1) Are you a UM alum?

Cool you have been a fan for all of 4 years max.

Lol at if we had Duke versus Duke and/or VTech we win those games. C'mon man, get a grip.

If Duke playes against Va Tech we don't have those fumbles on the kick returns. May seem minor, but in the larger picture they are crucial. And like I said the offense becomes so predictable without him, and even Dorsett being out hurt us. I think we could both agree Duke is the best player on this team regardless of position, period. You have a rookie play caller who loses a player who accounts for around 200 all-purpose yards/game. That will set him back, **** it would set even an experienced play caller considering our depth at the position. I know he doesn't play defense but when you play defense and the offense either goes three and out, or 80 yards in one play you will be gassed. And missing Duke led to that. Just my amateur opinion.

Ah exactly. A current student who embraces the concept that we shouldn't allow anything but elitist AP students into the university, and as such not use the sliding scale that every ******* good team uses.

You ain't no Cane. You are a University of Miami student. The U is dead, and we have you and your ilk to thank for it.

Advertisement
That's why they're Tennessee. If you want attendance smack; if you want who has the gayest fight song in the SEC smack; if you want who has the corniest traditions smack, then I suggest you take your show back to duh SEC. This Miami.

ROUND OF APPLAUSE.

These current University of AcadeMiami students don't go to the same school most of us did/rooted for. They go to this anti-inner city pretend Ivy League school where they think 9 wins is fun from a philosophical method and then work hard to develop the cure to the acne that got them turned down by every chick in their life.

the U is dead, and none of those ******* nerds have a clue.

Advertisement
Ah exactly. A current student who embraces the concept that we shouldn't allow anything but elitist AP students into the university, and as such not use the sliding scale that every ****ing good team uses.

I picked Miami, because I have always been a Miami fan. My entire family likes Miami, I knew of the 80's before the 30 for 30 came out. I am a diehard Canes, and not because I attend the school. But because I'm under the age of 30, "I ain't no cane right?" I'd rather see Dorsett or Duke fire off two imaginary pistols, then celebrate how they do now. But just because I am a younger fan doesn't mean I don't understand the legacy of Kosar, Highsmith, Irvin, Sapp, Lewis, Testaverde, Marlyand, Brown, the fatigue game, catholics vs convicts, the aura of the U and how spectacular the Orange is, not was. But since I'm 21 i'm blowing smoke right?

Ah exactly. A current student who embraces the concept that we shouldn't allow anything but elitist AP students into the university, and as such not use the sliding scale that every ****ing good team uses.

I picked Miami, because I have always been a Miami fan. My entire family likes Miami, I knew of the 80's before the 30 for 30 came out. I am a diehard Canes, and not because I attend the school. But because I'm under the age of 30, "I ain't no cane right?" I'd rather see Dorsett or Duke fire off two imaginary pistols, then celebrate how they do now. But just because I am a younger fan doesn't mean I don't understand the legacy of Kosar, Highsmith, Irvin, Sapp, Lewis, Testaverde, Marlyand, Brown, the fatigue game, catholics vs convicts, the aura of the U and how spectacular the Orange is, not was. But since I'm 21 i'm blowing smoke right?

You aren't a Cane b/c if you were you'd understand why the University has become a symbol of everything we hated. Miami now is so much closer to Notre Dame than it is "the U"......It's being held hostage by a bunch of short ****ed ******s who hand picked kids like you to be the face of a new type of student body. One that simply cannot have the likes of Kermit Whitfield amongst it.

See, this is what I'm talking about, you think because I wasn't alive during the 80's I'm some "ivy league", pension baby, wanna-be miami fan. I'm more of a true fan than half you all will ever be, I haven't missed a home game in four seasons. But because I placed realistic expectations on Golden and this staff, I'm an idiot who'd rather see Miami keep Golden, because I'm a "New-Age" miami fan. Not all true fans have to have a 305 area code to be a true fan. This is a nationally recognized program, with a national fanbase.

Advertisement
Back