What's Wrong with these Bama db's!

In this age of u can't touch a wide receiver guys are most of the time open on film. I'm sure people have always gotten open but a front seven can make them look real good. Same like when we had RJ Mac our defensive backfield looked great with that pressure upfront. Usually bama has a great DL but with Mullen at UF his OLines always played well at Miss State. Trask had time and was hitting his targets simple and Bama didn't dominate on DL.

Our defensive back weakness would look a whole lot better with a savage front. Thing is with elite schools they have guys who can run who are big and physical. So when our corners get tested at the combine u see the weaknesses whether it's a speed or size thing. Where as a Jobe can look like **** but shine in the combine and be selected high just based of those traits. He still sucks though but he will make bank and Bama will use that to sell on the trail and bags help.

Our best dbs in recent years was the front with RJ Mac causing havoc. He was the reason
Not the point. The point is you can't bring yourself to really criticize Bama players cause Bama.

Advertisement
Try not turning for the ball and see what happens.

Could you imagine Nicky watching our CBs?! He'd explode.

Advertisement
In this age of u can't touch a wide receiver guys are most of the time open on film. I'm sure people have always gotten open but a front seven can make them look real good. Same like when we had RJ Mac our defensive backfield looked great with that pressure upfront. Usually bama has a great DL but with Mullen at UF his OLines always played well at Miss State. Trask had time and was hitting his targets simple and Bama didn't dominate on DL.

Our defensive back weakness would look a whole lot better with a savage front. Thing is with elite schools they have guys who can run who are big and physical. So when our corners get tested at the combine u see the weaknesses whether it's a speed or size thing. Where as a Jobe can look like **** but shine in the combine and be selected high just based of those traits. He still sucks though but he will make bank and Bama will use that to sell on the trail and bags help.

Our best dbs in recent years was the front with RJ Mac causing havoc. He was the reason
You hyping up McIntosh too much. He was good here but he wasn’t this dominate DT you making him out to be

cant agree more
the two years of rj then willis had our best db play

i never really understood the hard on some ppl have here about nesta
hes been average and hasnt learned anything besides a bull rush in 3 years of playing
stroud may recruit well but overall the defensive line development has been a big drop off since kul and simpson
Nesta would make a nasty guard

Advertisement
You hyping up McIntosh too much. He was good here but he wasn’t this dominate DT you making him out to be

rj is hands down our best dt in the last ten years
he consistently made plays for two years
yes willis had one year that was better
but there is a major drop from rj to willis and to what we have now

The worst football player I ever played with/against was Tony Brown from Beaumont ozen. Dude had no football skills whatsoever but he was born a God. Tony was 6ft 205 as a freshman running 4.3. Born to be a nfl player

I agree I dont get why he doesnt get enough love, I remember saying who the **** was going to replace him when he went to the NFL cause our DT recruiting began to drop off after Willis. I didnt trust Nests in HS cause he just bullrushed (but I still wanted the local high star kid) but we didnt do well after that IMO and havent since this class.

Advertisement
McIntosh had games especially vs running teams where he would disappear. He was a good player here border line all conference type but he wasn’t elite.

McIntosh had games especially vs running teams where he would disappear. He was a good player here border line all conference type but he wasn’t elite.
We always have holes in the middle with this scheme, dudes been running through it since Diaz took over lol.

Advertisement
Yea their corners do **** in the NFL. Corners in general are hard to find. They usually have good safeties and fronts. They just get guys who can run at corner most of the time but they never have lock down dbs......I mean in today's league who is a lock down db?

I dunno Bro; that perception is starting to change w/ Bama players. Marlon Humphrey is pretty **** good along w/ Diggs, Kirkpatrick & Levi Wallace. Eddie Jackson, Fitzpatrick, Collins, and K Jackson have been really good at the S position.

The Bama “bust” train is slowly shedding....hate to say it. That includes their RBs

I dunno Bro; that perception is starting to change w/ Bama players. Marlon Humphrey is pretty **** good along w/ Diggs, Kirkpatrick & Levi Wallace. Eddie Jackson, Fitzpatrick, Collins, and K Jackson have been really good at the S position.

The Bama “bust” train is slowly shedding....hate to say it. That includes their RBs
Yea they got safeties for days. Their corners have been bad but agree the perception is way different. Everytime I read on here that they bust in the league I used to be like whaaaaat.....they got some dominant ballers in the league and for a good while already. They basically took our blueprint and done it longer.

Advertisement
Back