What's Wrong with these Bama db's!

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't watch a lot of Bama football but I did watch the Florida game and what I saw was a team that knew they could score on every possession. Based on that it looked like they ran what amounts to a prevent defense all game. They did very little blitzing and put only occasional pressure on trask. They gave up a lot of yardage between the 20s and then tried to tighten down in the red zone.

Advertisement
Very fair assessment. Baga lacks the DL dominance of the past and that exposes DB's.
Yea their corners do **** in the NFL. Corners in general are hard to find. They usually have good safeties and fronts. They just get guys who can run at corner most of the time but they never have lock down dbs......I mean in today's league who is a lock down db?

Advertisement
When your front seven isn't doing its job your dbs get cooked period. They have talent though that's a fact....but their ain't no Revis's out there.
Lol you're so transparent. Pressure or not they have the same deficiencies as our DBs.

Advertisement
Lol you're so transparent. Pressure or not they have the same deficiencies as our DBs.
In this age of u can't touch a wide receiver guys are most of the time open on film. I'm sure people have always gotten open but a front seven can make them look real good. Same like when we had RJ Mac our defensive backfield looked great with that pressure upfront. Usually bama has a great DL but with Mullen at UF his OLines always played well at Miss State. Trask had time and was hitting his targets simple and Bama didn't dominate on DL.

Our defensive back weakness would look a whole lot better with a savage front. Thing is with elite schools they have guys who can run who are big and physical. So when our corners get tested at the combine u see the weaknesses whether it's a speed or size thing. Where as a Jobe can look like **** but shine in the combine and be selected high just based of those traits. He still sucks though but he will make bank and Bama will use that to sell on the trail and bags help.

Our best dbs in recent years was the front with RJ Mac causing havoc. He was the reason

Surtain is a beast
Surtain is going in the first round, ours would be lucky to get drafted.

In this age of u can't touch a wide receiver guys are most of the time open on film. I'm sure people have always gotten open but a front seven can make them look real good. Same like when we had RJ Mac our defensive backfield looked great with that pressure upfront. Usually bama has a great DL but with Mullen at UF his OLines always played well at Miss State. Trask had time and was hitting his targets simple and Bama didn't dominate on DL.

Our defensive back weakness would look a whole lot better with a savage front. Thing is with elite schools they have guys who can run who are big and physical. So when our corners get tested at the combine u see the weaknesses whether it's a speed or size thing. Where as a Jobe can look like **** but shine in the combine and be selected high just based of those traits. He still sucks though but he will make bank and Bama will use that to sell on the trail and bags help.

Our best dbs in recent years was the front with RJ Mac causing havoc. He was the reason

cant agree more
the two years of rj then willis had our best db play

i never really understood the hard on some ppl have here about nesta
hes been average and hasnt learned anything besides a bull rush in 3 years of playing
stroud may recruit well but overall the defensive line development has been a big drop off since kul and simpson

Advertisement
Back