What's wrong with our jet sweeps?

Martycane

Sophomore
Last year, people here were bemoaning our lack of pre-snap motion and jet sweeps.

Seems we're using motion more and that's good.

But I can't recall a single jet sweep that's worked for big yardage this season. Most of them are getting stuffed pretty quickly.

What's the problem?

Poor execution? Offensive line? Too many run to the short side?

Advertisement
steve2.gif

Advertisement
Last year, people here were bemoaning our lack of pre-snap motion and jet sweeps.

Seems we're using motion more and that's good.

But I can't recall a single jet sweep that's worked for big yardage this season. Most of them are getting stuffed pretty quickly.

What's the problem?

Poor execution? Offensive line? Too many run to the short side?

Yes.

I feel like our guys half *** it and/or don’t time their motion to align with the snap when it’s a fake jet sweep

Advertisement
running into the boundry, not having tru burners run them all the time (although i think Enos is trying to correct this), but the biggest thing is we don't have an OL that can "set the edge" against the DL. Our jet sweeps get strung out which is what you want to do to a jet sweep
All of this.. especially the bold. Penetration is not good for timing/execution. :20161020-221306th:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Any type of penetration normally just kills any offense.
People don't understand how handcuffed Enos has been with this offense. We can't pull linemen. Period. Our counter, toss, stretch runs are non existent.. opponents DE don't have to respect getting sealed. They can overpower any kind of mistake without fear of getting gashed. Basically we line up & run quick hitters or RPO's where defense have to read/react. Very little disguise with what we are able to do successfully.

Once we get better in the trenches, this offense will see a huge boost in production (& variance).. just like hitting on the deep ball has opened up the passing game (helped with OL too).

Advertisement
Back