What's with this "Room" crap?

Advertisement
QB Room
WR Room
RB Room

Sounds stupid. Cease and desist. "[Player]'s Gonna Eat" should be banned as well.

It’s cliche term that’s used at every level - NFL, college, etc. - by coaches, players, front offices. You might not like it but it’s been around for years & is standard for the sport.

ElectricWeepyAppaloosa-size_restricted.gif

Jacksonville Jaguars befuddled guy.

I wonder if he realizes he’s a semi famous gif and/or meme. He probably does.

Advertisement
I remember the day Whoop tore down all the cubicle walls at WhoopCorp International. He said he refused to be limited by the restraints of modern society and these stupid walls and rooms.

The open floorplan workspace led to the company going belly-up 6 mos later.

Advertisement
I think that is coming from the Brit soccerphile wannabes.
In England the locker rooms are referred to as "dressing rooms" so
now some of the born-again man bun wearing Euros are using "rooms"
instead of unit or whatever.
It's from the same crowd that pronounce schedule as "sheduyall".
Cute.

Lol, c'mon, man. It's legitimate "football talk" and comes from film study. Position groups, and especially QBs (with the exception of Rosier), typically watch film together with their position coaches. So if your TEs are watching film in one room, and QBs are watching film in another, the TEs are in the TE room and the QBs are in the QB room. Simple as that.

You had me laughing with "sheduyall," though.

Coach-speak. "Flying around", "Our house", "The best that I've been around". "Dinged up" Now you even hear little league coaches saying these.

So the receiver corpse has their room. The Corners have their room Safeties their room. QB's their room. I'd guess our OL's room is the kitchen.

Is it fair to assume our TE's have a dust closet?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back