What's up with this Joaquin Gonzalez tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing Gonzo, it wasn't a racist tweet at all. It was more to do with clownery and attention-starvation.

Still very weird.

I don't believe that Gonzo is racist at all either. I also have little doubt that his mention of Jacory Harris was a portrait of his stereotyping. Being a racist and stereotyping are two totally different things. Joaquin chose Jacory Harris for a reason. For christ sake, if you want to point out terrible QB play, why not use Kirby Freeman/Kyle Wright? Both of them were far worse than Jacory EVER was.

Again, I don't think he was pointing out terrible QB play. He was probably pointing out overtweeting and self-serving attention at the expense of a team attitude.

It's just weird and ironic because he contradicted it by going at the guy.

You're a smart dude, but that doesn't pass muster at all. And LULZ at some washed up old fart, who is on Twitter too just like the 17 year old kid, being annoyed at a kid sending out tweets. It's a little more understandable for a 17 year old kid to be sending out a bunch of tweets than some old fart. By the way, did Allen say he's thinking of de-committing or anything remotely similar to that?

Advertisement
Joaquin Gonzalez @Joaquin_UMOL73

@MiamiRadioBeast f$/& all his offers. When you bleed green&orange no need to be recruited!Your coming because you want to build something

I do know this. Twitter is the ******* devil. It allows everyone on the planet to share their opinion when those opinions aren't often wanted or even moral. It's a divisive tool that creates argument after argument and is the worst thing ever for 17-18 year old recruits. (and i know the one at fault here is the older guy)

I do know this. Twitter is the ****ing devil. It allows everyone on the planet to share their opinion when those opinions aren't often wanted or even moral. It's a divisive tool that creates argument after argument and is the worst thing ever for 17-18 year old recruits. (and i know the one at fault here is the older guy)

and it will only get worse

Knowing Gonzo, it wasn't a racist tweet at all. It was more to do with clownery and attention-starvation.

Still very weird.

I don't believe that Gonzo is racist at all either. I also have little doubt that his mention of Jacory Harris was a portrait of his stereotyping. Being a racist and stereotyping are two totally different things. Joaquin chose Jacory Harris for a reason. For christ sake, if you want to point out terrible QB play, why not use Kirby Freeman/Kyle Wright? Both of them were far worse than Jacory EVER was.

Again, I don't think he was pointing out terrible QB play. He was probably pointing out overtweeting and self-serving attention at the expense of a team attitude.

You're a smart dude, but that doesn't pass muster at all. And LULZ at some washed up old fart, who is on Twitter too just like the 17 year old kid, being annoyed at a kid sending out tweets. It's a little more understandable for a 17 year old kid to be sending out a bunch of tweets than some old fart. By the way, did Allen say he's thinking of de-committing or anything remotely similar to that?

What part doesn't pass muster? Is it ironic and clownish of Gonzo to tweet him? Of course. But, this was probably a riled up Gonzo addressing a kid about "being loyal" (in his mind) and all that nonsense instead of about skin color.

Advertisement

@MiamiRadioBeast f$/& all his offers. When you bleed green&orange no need to be recruited!Your coming because you want to build something

I hate this thinking.

Let the kid enjoy the fact that teams are valuing him so highly. It may never come around again.

Still very weird.

What part doesn't pass muster? Is it ironic and clownish of Gonzo to tweet him? Of course. But, this was probably a riled up Gonzo addressing a kid about "being loyal" (in his mind) and all that nonsense instead of about skin color.

His subsequent tweets at least reflect this side of it. Dunno if he's making it up now or what. I just found it extremely weird he'd make a racial or stereotypical comment based on skin color. And, I acknowledge it came across that way.

Advertisement
Call me crazy but I like the tweet. Your in or out and seemed like he has 1 foot out since Cristibol left. No need to flaunt your offers every time you get 1, especially when you are already commited. Act like you been there before. South Florida kids are just so cot **** self entitled. Only thing that suck is Joaquin said it and not some random schmo.

Joaquin Gonzalez ‏@Joaquin_UMOL73
Yo puedo decir lo que me sale de los huevos... Got my ring and got paid....love the U

Sounds like Sileo

He is an all time Cane great, one of the greatest. Give him a pass.

I hate this thinking.

Let the kid enjoy the fact that teams are valuing him so highly. It may never come around again.

He shouldn't of committed then. It's fine if he likes the attention but don't commit to us if you aren't 100% with it, especially after all the BS with this past recruiting class the coaches had to deal with.

Advertisement
He is an all time Cane great, one of the greatest. Give him a pass.

no he's not! He was a mediocre Tackle that was surrounded with the best talent in College football history

His subsequent tweets at least reflect this side of it. Dunno if he's making it up now or what. I just found it extremely weird he'd make a racial or stereotypical comment based on skin color. And, I acknowledge it came across that way.

I never called him a racist. I don't know him, so I can't comment on that aspect of his idiotic rant. I just called him a big stupid ******.

If he's such an advocate for the Canes, then I'm sure he must be twittering his *** off about the real enemies of the program right? Is he ripping the **** out of turds like Charlie Pride the fake redneck RB who ran up to Arkansas? Is he getting after Matthew Beiber the ****** traitor seminole? Is he attacking Uncle Puke or Lice or Beanbag? If he's really about standing up for the program and not just being a dumb ****, then those guys should be his targets, not a kid who is currently committed to UM. Unlike that dumb washed up ****, I'm not on Twitter, so I don't know if he's going after those guys, but he's a hypocrite if he isn't along with being a dope.

agree with ^ that guy

if your gonna call people out....start with LUKE AND SILEO!!! Not our commits

Advertisement

I never called him a racist. I don't know him, so I can't comment on that aspect of his idiotic rant. I just called him a big stupid ******.

If he's such an advocate for the Canes, then I'm sure he must be twittering his *** off about the real enemies of the program right? Is he ripping the **** out of turds like Charlie Pride the fake redneck RB who ran up to Arkansas? Is he getting after Matthew Beiber the ****** traitor seminole? Is he attacking Uncle Puke or Lice or Beanbag? If he's really about standing up for the program and not just being a dumb ****, then those guys should be his targets, not a kid who is currently committed to UM. Unlike that dumb washed up ****, I'm not on Twitter, so I don't know if he's going after those guys, but he's a hypocrite if he isn't along with being a dope.

I have no idea why you're addressing my comments then. If you re-read my posts in this thread, I immediately acknowledge it's a stupid thing to do, weird and even ironic. My perspective was to question whether this was racially charged.

I have no idea why you're addressing my comments then. If you re-read my posts in this thread, I immediately acknowledge it's a stupid thing to do, weird and even ironic. My perspective was to question whether this was racially charged.

everyone seems to agree, it was not racially charged.....it was stupidity charged!

we as a bunch must be so saturated with NOA talk that we are over analyzing a dumbass tweet by Gonzo on a Fri night. god we are starved for news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back