Whats there to be positive about?

BackToU

Recruit
All over the country programs are trying to get better. There has been dead silence around the UM program. And think about this, not only did Richt miss on his own nephew for QB but how is it possible that a legacy program like Miami with a household name/QB whisperer as HC in Richt does not have 1 QB commit in the 2018, 2019 and 2020 classes? It's amazing. Ive never seen anything like it.

The fact that Miami wasted one of the greatest defenses in The U's history is not the worst news coming out of the program lately says it all. There is no hope. No enthusiasm and literally nothing good around the program right now.

So for everyone that says "be positive" and stop "being negative" on this board all the time. I ask you, what's there to be positive about???

Advertisement
All over the country programs are trying to get better. There has been dead silence around the UM program. And think about this, not only did Richt miss on his own nephew for QB but how is it possible that a legacy program like Miami with a household name/QB whisperer as HC in Richt does not have 1 QB commit in the 2018, 2019 and 2020 classes? It's amazing. Ive never seen anything like it.

The fact that Miami wasted one of the greatest defenses in The U's history is not the worst news coming out of the program lately says it all. There is no hope. No enthusiasm and literally nothing good around the program right now.

So for everyone that says "be positive" and stop "being negative" on this board all the time. I ask you, what's there to be positive about???
Richt's own nephew sucks though so is that a miss?

Advertisement
If you can just learn to be comfortably numb with sports, life is much more enjoyable. I started to believe last year & went from 100 to 0 without a hiccup. I'm dead inside. Not being a slave to it is actually quite freeing.

48 out of 129 teams aren’t bowl qualified. I think those are the ones making major changes right now. After the bowls you’ll see a lot more activity.

Advertisement
I have a steam yoga class.

giphy.gif

If you can just learn to be comfortably numb with sports, life is much more enjoyable. I started to believe last year & went from 100 to 0 without a hiccup. I'm dead inside. Not being a slave to it is actually quite freeing.
"I'm dead inside" LOL!!! this post was awesome. Very true as well. I havent been able to do it yet myself though, for better or for worse. Sh-it, I still went through all my pregame rituals and got all jacked up for Pitt and GT games. Not sure if it's a blessing or a curse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
honestly, I don't take the half-empty approach.

What is there to be positive about?
  1. Top defense in the nation, many returning starters, good coaches and a solid bond on that side of the ball.
  2. Two QBs which have rocket arms
  3. A very young group on offense, a stable of backs, and a few young WRs and TEs which are tops of their class.
Now, what does that leave us, well, if you divide the game into thirds, 1/3 Offense, 1/3 Defense, 1/3 ST, then to me, we have 50% of the team at a high level, in fact you can say that 50% of the team is operating at an elite level.

Comparing this to previous regimes, I can't say we had a team where you could say that.

Do I have rose color glasses on? Oh **** the **** no. I cannot condone much of anything Richt has done on offense this year, and the lack of offensive leadership is appalling and SAD to me.

That being said, I am an engineer, and in engineering, the first thing you do is establish your known quantities. If I want to make changes, or solve a problem, I first start by basically freezing what I see as NOT the problem. We can all easily say thats the Defense as a whole, and some of the offensive players. This allows me to focus on what needs to be optimized to raise the total standard. Does this make sense.

I rather have our current situation as the problem than 58-0 v clemson any day, for sure.

I'll take a stab at reaching to try and find SOMETHING to be positive about. And no, this isn't a defend anyone or the state of the program or advocate for or against anything or make it seem like anything whatsoever is rosy post. But if you held a gun to my head and forced me to come up with something positive to say right now, uhhhhh......

Malik is gone, as said above.

Jarren will hopefully be ready to see the field next year. I'm hoping either him or 2019 Kosi are exponentially better than anything we had under center this year.

Bandy appears to be turning into an old school-style dog and I foresee him being a true leader next year when Jaquan and Redwine are gone.

I thought Cam'Ron really flashed some great potential those last few games.

I'm excited to see Nesta.

It's looking like we may actually have a **** good chance of landing Jadon Haselwood which would be unreal.

I'm really pumped to see Jeremiah Payton in Orange and Green.

We got an Aussie punter with head tattoos.

We won our last two games soundly and hopefully can notch a bowl win and end on a winning streak for once, albeit a small one and it doesn't at all make up for the debacle of a season. (Sorry, the negativity snuck its way back in)

With Choc gone, Realus should get a lot of burn next year.

We get to play the Gators and I'm hoping to make it to the game in person.

FSU still sucks.

Jesus, man, that's all I got, and I tried hard.

You can't in one breath think we're only an OC away from perceived greatness and then in the other be basically ready to close down the program.

And if Manny is actually the coach a lot of people think he is then the whole "we wasted an NFL caliber D!!!" narrative is seriously flawed as well.

Advertisement
Legit competition at QB, RB, WR (unless Dugans is still around, in which case everyone gets to have a turn), experienced TEs, some promising young OL who redshirted in 2018, another veteran defense led by Jackson, Quarterman, Bandy.

The personnel is fine but the coaching on O has been so poor that you can't get excited.

Shaq and Pinck most likely returning.
Killa Cam'Ron and Lingawd in the backfield with Homer and DeeJay.
Nesta.
A potential OC who will run the spread offense correctly.
Manny paying his dues to become our next HC.

It's probably a good thing that we missed on Max. U think this pass season was bad, imagine if Max continues to play poor his senior year of HS and he came on board with us.

As far as changes being made to upgrade the team, don't be socked if Richt only change will be using the spread offense more. Because we made a bowl there's no chance Richt changes anything before the game but I'm prone to think the coaching staff will remain the same unless someone leaves for a better opportunity elsewhere. I hope I'm wrong but I feel that why.

On a positive note Williams seems to be staying and I think we'll close with at least 2 additional blue chippers imo.

Advertisement
Back