Whats the Word 6/11/2019

Drewny1

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
As some of you know I know people and are in daily communication with some 2019 kids. Here is the recap of some of the conversations I had the past few weeks.

Trey Sanders - Still talks to Thomas Brown daily but the recruitment has changed. According to my boy, he wants to go somewhere that has a running back by committee approach and that is why he likes Miami and UGA. His mom and family wants him to go to Florida. But he also said "outside forces" are pushing for Alabama but he is unsure about Bama because they beat down their backs. He doesnt want to go to a school that will beat down his body. The key in this recruitment is what program will have the system that will preserve his body until he gets to the League. It's why he went to IMG in the first place. Honestly in my opinion, he is smart and IMG also have been getting that business mindset in his head. In my opinion Sanders, Lingard, Davis, and Crowley is one **** of a committee, but UGA got one 2. As far as the "Offer the family cant refuse" His bro is sticking with Florida as they will put him on scholarship August 1st.

Brendan Gant - We would have to miss Stevenson, Battle, and Richards and by then it will be too late. He was told he was a kid the Miami coaches like but their is kids ahead of him. There is legit interest from Gant but it's a matter for how long. Personally I get trying to keep the best in the Tri-County home but I wish we recruited Polk County just as hard as Duval and the Orlando Area. If Battle goes to Ohio State, commits and shuts it down, look for the recruitment here to heat up. Also remember CMR recruited his cousin Kendall Gant a few years ago and had him committed to UGA, so there is a bit of relevancy with the family.

Darnell Wright - Distance will be a factor in this and its not because of homesickness, its because he wants his whole family to be able to travel for games. But that doesn't mean Miami is out, not at all. Also legit Academics WILL BE A FACTOR(Sorry BAMA) From what I was told, Miami, VT, UTK, Clemson, Ohio State, UNC, UGA are the top schools. Wright is a bit of a nerd from the hood from a righteous family. Bama already throw the bag at their Spring Game and tried to force a committment and it kinda turned him off(Think TC and Clemson last year). Is he interested in Bama yes, but if he had to sign tomorrow it would be either UT or Virginia Tech. And as far as why he hasnt visited, family aint got the money like that and the Miami staff understands. There is a real good chance he does come for Paradise Camp but without his family.

That's all I got

Advertisement
As some of you know I know people and are in daily communication with some 2019 kids. Here is the recap of some of the conversations I had the past few weeks.

they beat down their backs. He doesnt want to go to a school that will beat down his body. The key in this recruitment is what program will have the system that will preserve his body until he gets to the League.

That's all I got

Meh...I love this kid's talent obviously. And I know I'm nitpicking. But at that age, I wanna see a kid that loves football and you gotta fight to keep off the field.

Last edited:
Sanders and Wright would be awesome gets!!! Pipe dream though, but we in the game it sounds like.

Advertisement
Meh...I love this kid's talent obviously. And I now I'm nitpicking. But at that age, I wanna see a kid that loves football and you gotta fight to keep off the field.

It's not like that no more bro. It's 3 years and the League and then be fresh when you get there so you can stay there. He is thinking long term success and I get it. They don't get paid legally so why beat up your body in college running the ball 250-300 carries a season downhill like they do at Alabama and LSU.

Trey Sanders - Still talks to Thomas Brown daily but the recruitment has changed. According to my boy, he wants to go somewhere that has a running back by committee approach and that is why he likes Miami and UGA. His mom and family wants him to go to Florida. But he also said "outside forces" are pushing for Alabama but he is unsure about Bama because they beat down their backs. He doesnt want to go to a school that will beat down his body. The key in this recruitment is what program will have the system that will preserve his body until he gets to the League. It's why he went to IMG in the first place. Honestly in my opinion, he is smart and IMG also have been getting that business mindset in his head. In my opinion Sanders, Lingard, Davis, and Crowley is one **** of a committee, but UGA got one 2. As far as the "Offer the family cant refuse" His bro is sticking with Florida as they will put him on scholarship August 1st.

Brendan Gant - We would have to miss Stevenson, Battle, and Richards and by then it will be too late. He was told he was a kid the Miami coaches like but their is kids ahead of him. There is legit interest from Gant but it's a matter for how long. Personally I get trying to keep the best in the Tri-County home but I wish we recruited Polk County just as hard as Duval and the Orlando Area. If Battle goes to Ohio State, commits and shuts it down, look for the recruitment here to heat up. Also remember CMR recruited his cousin Kendall Gant a few years ago and had him committed to UGA, so there is a bit of relevancy with the family.

Darnell Wright - Distance will be a factor in this and its not because of homesickness, its because he wants his whole family to be able to travel for games. But that doesn't mean Miami is out, not at all. Also legit Academics WILL BE A FACTOR(Sorry BAMA) From what I was told, Miami, VT, UTK, Clemson, Ohio State, UNC, UGA are the top schools. Wright is a bit of a nerd from the hood from a righteous family. Bama already throw the bag at their Spring Game and tried to force a committment and it kinda turned him off(Think TC and Clemson last year). Is he interested in Bama yes, but if he had to sign tomorrow it would be either UT or Virginia Tech. And as far as why he hasnt visited, family aint got the money like that and the Miami staff understands. There is a real good chance he does come for Paradise Camp but without his family.

That's all I got

Isn’t there a huge cane fan from his hometown? Maybe take a road trip with the fam down to paradise camp

Meh...I love this kid's talent obviously. And I now I'm nitpicking. But at that age, I wanna see a kid that loves football and you gotta fight to keep off the field.
Meh, it shows the kid is thinking. Plus this does help us as last year’s pull, Crowley this year and the fact DeeJay has emerged is exactly what he is looking for.

Advertisement
Preciate the word.

What do you know about Sanders and his grades issues? I know he mentioned coming back for Paradise anything on that?

I like Gant but I like Battle, Stevenson and Richards better.

Definitely understand Wright situation. Hope the staff puts a good plan in place to make everyone involved comfortable about the distance.

I guess you forgot what you said about Sanders four days ago.

"Made an offer the family couldnt refuse"

That is the word on Sanders by Bama

- Typical XL Baga Bag
- Bro on full scholarship right away
- Guaranteed Playing Time right away

Bama aint playing this year with the bags. Thing is too much bags can lead to sloppiness and mistakes.

and....

Sanders was never going to Florida. That is a fact. He used Florida to get incentives from other SEC schools.

Once UGA and Auburn got involved, bags got involved and Alabama isn't going to get beat by their own tricks.

Keep spitting that truth my dude. lol, at least you're entertaining.

By the way, still waiting to hear about that local pressure forcing Richt and company to make Dugans offer Dunmore. Betcha dodge that one again pal.

Meh, it shows the kid is thinking. Plus this does help us as last year’s pull, Crowley this year and the fact DeeJay has emerged is exactly what he is looking for.

Yes let the coaches take care of this "committee" and balancing a roster thing...A good college roster should have depth at every position. But to build your whole high school career to me isn't exactly what I'm looking for. Play some football.

And I see your point about LSU, but not Bama...They share the rock when they do have a stable. I think 1 year out of the last 5 (Henry's heisman run), was only recent year they were one back centered.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I like that we are "seriously" in the picture for top talent outside of The State of Miami. We need to beat LSU and FSU. Win the ACC title or play it down to the wire with an exceptional performance. This will be the confirmation that the hype is real and an additional boost to recruiting success.

I guess you forgot what you said about Sanders four days ago.

"Made an offer the family couldnt refuse"

That is the word on Sanders by Bama

- Typical XL Baga Bag
- Bro on full scholarship right away
- Guaranteed Playing Time right away

Bama aint playing this year with the bags. Thing is too much bags can lead to sloppiness and mistakes.

and....

Sanders was never going to Florida. That is a fact. He used Florida to get incentives from other SEC schools.

Once UGA and Auburn got involved, bags got involved and Alabama isn't going to get beat by their own tricks.

Keep spitting that truth my dude. lol, at least you're entertaining.

By the way, still waiting to hear about that local pressure forcing Richt and company to make Dugans offer Dunmore. Betcha dodge that one again pal.

Guess you miss reading comprehension

One thing with Sanders and Wright, Miami gotta make the playoffs to have a chance.

Advertisement
Hate to be that guy but sounds like 0-3. I'm pretty much over Sanders at this point. I would love Gant but if we land the higher guys on our board, then I won't lose sleep. Wright is my guy I want.

One thing with Sanders and Wright, Miami gotta make the playoffs to have a chance.
Lol bro what does that mean? So those two are gonna pick from the top 4 teams at the end of the year? I know that's not exactly what you mean but seems odd.

If Miami isn't atleast Top 5 in the rankings Dec 1st, I doubt we will sign either kid.

They won't come to Miami for some 8-4 Miami squad especially if we lose to LSU, VT, FSU, and Clemson. We have to win the coastal and pretty much be undefeated.

If we were to do that, there would be a lot of other top players from around the country that mysteriously gain more interest in Miami as well.

Produce on the field and we'll get largely who we want.

If Miami isn't atleast Top 5 in the rankings Dec 1st, I doubt we will sign either kid.

They won't come to Miami for some 8-4 Miami squad especially if we lose to LSU, VT, FSU, and Clemson. We have to win the coastal and pretty much be undefeated.

Advertisement
Back