What's the story with DT - Timothy Smith out of Sebastian?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pass, dont need slackers on the squad. Most kids with grade issues arent worth it.
If this were the case we wouldn’t have the history we have. If you think for one minute that we haven’t had our share of poor grades with recruits, you’re fooling yourself. Sometimes it’s more than just being lazy.

Haven’t seen his film yet, did we even offer the kid? Seems very large and imposing but like I stated, with no film I can’t be certain. Odd that Rivals and 247 have him 8 spots in difference at the DT spot.

I believe the staff knows of him and they have their reasons for deciding if they go after him or not.

Advertisement
Pass, dont need slackers on the squad. Most kids with grade issues arent worth it.

He is not a slacker he plays multiple sports ( football, basketball, and track).

There isn't much traction with UM because the young man is about that bag life and a front runner, hence the love affair with Clem$on and the $EC.

Link to video interview article with him discussing recruiting.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Haven’t seen his film yet, did we even offer the kid? Seems very large and imposing but like I stated, with no film I can’t be certain. Odd that Rivals and 247 have him 8 spots in difference at the DT spot.

Keep in mind that he is 6'4" 350lbs

Go Canes

He is not a slacker he plays multiple sports ( football, basketball, and track).

There isn't much traction with UM because the young man is about that bag life and a front runner, hence the love affair with Clem$on and the $EC.

Link to video interview article with him discussing recruiting.

Go Canes
Way to talk **** about a kid I’m sure you don’t know just cause he likes a tea: that wins.... kinda like we used to

Advertisement
Way to talk **** about a kid I’m sure you don’t know just cause he likes a tea: that wins.... kinda like we used to

MTSU is a winner, they were 1st in the C-USA east an the kid is clowning them because they are G5. Juan the only **** talker here is you. Oh FYI I would love for UM to have landed this kids, an have said so for months. So please do your research before spouting off.

Go Canes

If this were the case we wouldn’t have the history we have. If you think for one minute that we haven’t had our share of poor grades with recruits, you’re fooling yourself. Sometimes it’s more than just being lazy.
Your right we've had our fair share but that was back in day. In the 80s and 90s, school systems were more rigid in their teaching techniques and budgeting and resource distribution were very questionable. These days a lot of "bad schools" get even more funding than the "good schools", there are a verity of programs inside the school to help students, and if they cant help you they refer you to an outside source. Plus if you feel the school is doing you a disservice, you can always transfer, there are no boundaries in alot of districts. Not saying that the kid cant turn it around, Jeff Thomas did. Lets not enable the mindset that its always external factors that cause people to not do what their suppose to, they dont all need to be geniuses but lets have standards.

Advertisement
Your right we've had our fair share but that was back in day. In the 80s and 90s, school systems were more rigid in their teaching techniques and budgeting and resource distribution were very questionable. These days a lot of "bad schools" get even more funding than the "good schools", there are a verity of programs inside the school to help students, and if they cant help you they refer you to an outside source. Plus if you feel the school is doing you a disservice, you can always transfer, there are no boundaries in alot of districts. Not saying that the kid cant turn it around, Jeff Thomas did. Lets not enable the mindset that its always external factors that cause people to not do what their suppose to, they dont all need to be geniuses but lets have standards.
Who said it is ‘always’ external factors?

You just went from some big picture philosophy to a judgment on a specific kid. Do you know what his situation is?

Frank Gore wouldn’t have played at UM if your attitude prevailed. Nor Hester.

Advertisement
Back