What's the precedent of firing an AD and a HC in the same year?

Advertisement
Only example I've got and it's probably going to tell you how this is gonna go for us..

Tennessee fired John Currie on Dec 1, 2017 (after a laughable coaching search went wrong in about 20 different directions, missed several hires, tried to hire a couple coaches that the fan base thought was a joke. Schiano literally had a contract in hand and the fan base rioted on campus) and then UT hired Fulmer the same day - who then hired Pruitt less than a week later. Turned out to be a disaster, got them all fired, and here they are.

Now that I typed that out... why do i see Blake finally firing Manny (our version of Butch Jones) and trying to proceed with a coaching search only to whiff on everyone, try to hire a few terrible coaches only for it to leak and cause uproar and then back track on everything and finally get fired.

Hopefully the difference is we hire Highsmith or Torretta and actually make a decent hire.

On the other hand.. are we already ahead of this stage on the timeline (minus our AD getting fired) from when Richt retired and we scrambled and hired Diaz in 6 hours?

Advertisement
Two recent examples both from 2017.

Tennessee fired the AD bc he tried to hire Schiano and the fans revolted then installed Fulmer as AD who hired Pruitt.

Nebraska fired our old AD Eichorst in early fall of 2017 and then fired Riley at the end of the season before hiring Frost.
ELITE company right there. Exactly what I was expecting. Two programs with a combined ONE winning season since pulling off the dual execution.

Guys, I just ran the numbers on my analytics machine and it's giving us a .00000069% chance of pulling this off this offseason. Option C is looking mighty enticing right about now. #FoldTheProgram.

Any of you guys ever eat at Kenny Rogers roasters restaurant in Miami? They had some fire cherry cobbler

Have not.
If it is or was on US 1 in South Miami i've driven by it but never ate there.
Always good to know about good food though.

I am hoping that Blake gets paranoid and desperate, does mounds of cocaine, calls Urban personally and offers to suck his d*ck to come to Miami.

2E43B985-2385-4AF4-937C-EEDD5C18C205.gif

Advertisement
There is a ton of precedent. As many mentioned, Tennessee just did it. Kansas also did it after the Les Miles fallout (it was technically 2 days later. Rutgers fired both in 2015. Missouri just did it this summer (also within a week of one another).

There is more precedent for the AD getting fired and then the coach he picked getting fired by the next year. That happened with Texas in 2015-16.

Notice who isn’t on this list? Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State.

See who is? Schools who have a history like us but can’t get it right! Texas, USC, Rutgers (kidding)

Blake should be let go on 10/16, about 5 minutes after Mack finishes off on Manny's back.
The more we delay it the longer our odds of us successfully getting out of this crater we're in gets. What I'm really trying to convey in this thread is that Blake's firing is levels beyond more important than Mancheese's. No university, let alone our dip**** one, can perform two things at once. i.e. Conduct an AD search and a HC search simultaneously. We need to fire Blake immediately, not be rushed into finding our next AD so that we in turn don't make him feel rushed in finding a new HC.

Every day Blake James spends as our AD from here on out the crater gets 100 feet deeper.

Facts! The major differences between the two, are (1. Everybody in the country don't recruit So Cal, like they recruit So Fla. (2. They seem to have and administration that gives a fucc about winning.
Yea there are subtle differences.

Even with teams recruiting south Florida there is so much talent available for us. Our coaches constantly miss 3 star players that go elsewhere and ball out. We have to evaluate talent better.

Wake forest has made a living off florida 3 stars that nobody wants and they end up in the league.

Advertisement
In my opinion Blake has to be tied to Manny. Richt gave him a get out of jail free card when he retired and Blake went out and hired Manny less than 24 hours later. If Manny was Blake's call, whether pressured to hire him or not, they both should get the axe.

Yea there are subtle differences.

Even with teams recruiting south Florida there is so much talent available for us. Our coaches constantly miss 3 star players that go elsewhere and ball out. We have to evaluate talent better.

Wake forest has made a living off florida 3 stars that nobody wants and they end up in the league.
agreed!

Advertisement
There is a ton of precedent. As many mentioned, Tennessee just did it. Kansas also did it after the Les Miles fallout (it was technically 2 days later. Rutgers fired both in 2015. Missouri just did it this summer (also within a week of one another).

There is more precedent for the AD getting fired and then the coach he picked getting fired by the next year. That happened with Texas in 2015-16.

Notice who isn’t on this list? Bama, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State.

See who is? Schools who have a history like us but can’t get it right! Texas, USC, Rutgers (kidding)

Kansas even did it in basketball. They fired their AD in after the 2004 NCAA title game in a desperate attempt to keep Roy Williams from bolting to UNC. He bolted anyway.

Auburn's AD and President were forced to resign after it came out they were courting Bobby Petrino while Tommy Tuberville was the head coach.

Advertisement
Back