whats really more important - beating fsu or vtech?

Advertisement
VT is the most important. I get the recruiting standpoint bizz but I don't understand how anyone on here wouldn't think the Coastal Division isn't important. If we go 11-1 this year we may or may not go to a BCS Bowl game. 11-1 with a loss to Fsu, then win the ACCCG, we're good. 11-1 with a loss to VT, then we get no shot at the ACCCG, no BCS Bowl game (which is also huge from a recruiting standpoint).

Don't get me wrong. I want us to go undefeated the entire way. I'm just answering the OP's question with what makes sense to me.

Virginia Tech.

Win the ACC Coastal. We haven't done that enough. Then worry about Clemson or FSU in the ACCCG.

It'd be great to beat FSU for the recruiting boost, but I want titles. Win and the recruits will come.

The Canes have lost 9 of the last ten games the last saturday of October!

BIG TIME TRAP!

Beat Wake!

Advertisement
While it's important to beat FSU, it's absolutely necessay to beat every team in your division to get to the ACCCG. Can't go to a BCS game without getting to that game. The SEC has already proved one loss isn't death but you have to win the conference. It's ok to lose a battle if you ultimately win the war. In the same way, Clemson is much moe important to FSU these days than we are. Whoever loses that game is essentially done and fighting for the Chick Filet Bowl.

Advertisement
Back