whats really more important - beating fsu or vtech?

Otowncane

5th year sophomore
Premium
I say v tech .... they are flying under the radar. Win or lose we will be emotionally spent after fsu... lose to v tech and theres no winning the the coastal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
VT, because if we lose to them...no ACC title and BCS bowl (most likely).

VT and that is NO DOUBT! If we are able to improve through the rest of the season, we take out FSU/Clempson on a neutral field.

Stupid question. Beat Wake, then worry about anything else. Surviving UNC should have taught you all not to overlook any single ACC game.

We could go 11-1 and have our only loss to VT and we'd be out the ACC championship game. We NEED to beat VT

and to the above poster. I see your point, UNC and Wake are different. There were a lot of posters the last week over exaggerating how easy the UNC game was going to be (which it should have been), but Wake is different. They aren't under performing like UNC, they are just terrible

Advertisement
Stupid question. Beat Wake, then worry about anything else. Surviving UNC should have taught you all not to overlook any single ACC game.

This depends on who you're asking the question. To the players, then yes Wake. If its us the fans, then we have no impact and it don't matter if we overlook anyone.

FSU, and it's not even close in my eyes.

This is the same discussion that dominated this board before the UF game. At that time my answer was UF.

Peeps don't understand how big it would be from a recruiting standpoint to beat UF and FSU in the same season. You tkae into account the fact that game AT Tally will be nationally televised and likely in primetime....the "We back" chants from the media would be the talk of college football.

Could care less about ACC championships. They are biproducts of going undefeated, not an aim. Slay the big dogs and respect plus additional recruiting leverage, which at the end of the day is THE most important thing when building a program, will come.

Worrying about ACC championships is something homeboy Don Bailey Jr preaches. I say beat everyone's *** and those ACC ships will be "the additional" trophy you get on the way to the one that really matters.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We can't lose to VT. I don't think we will either, not at home. Long as we run the ball we will be fine. Its a mute point tho. We will have to beat them regardless of what we do with FSU. No way we have a let down....at all.

we need to stop having these inferiority complex "who would you rather beat" discussions

Advertisement
Vetch has more implications since it's in in division game. Like many of u said. Let's beat wake first

Beating WF is the only way I can see to get to 7-0 :cool:

Beating FSU legitimizes the season (for those who think that's important). Helps in-state recruiting. Only way to get to 8-0.

Beating VT should put a lock on the Coastal.

I want UM to beat the **** out of all three anyway, regardless of the reasons.

Advertisement
Back