What's next?

View as article
Advertisement
If Jason Taylor really missed a scrimmage to announce a pre-season game he can go too. No reason to even be around if that's your priority. CFB is a 24-7, 365 job, not a when you feel like it gig.

JT doesn’t need this job. It’s a convenience for both sides. However with having two kids now playing P5 football I wouldn’t be surprised if he steps away.

Advertisement
Can't be real.
Alabama can have 50 "analysts", but at UM, University of Mouthbreathers, "fans" question what an NFL HoFer, JT99, is doing around the program. The same fans questioned ER20 and said KD11 wasn't qualified to be OC here.

Can't make this up.

No need to wonder why people say UM has the dumbest fan base in college football.

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Why hasn’t Gattis been fired yet? Seriously, what possible reason could exist in dragging it out.

He either

1. Is procrastinating on it due to discomfort. Seems unlikely to me and would be a terrible sign.
Or 2. Doesn’t want the optics to be that he’s acquiescing to fan demands so wants to delay it to make it seem like he arrived at the choice himself after some faux self reflection, which is also a terrible sign imo.
Think it may be a combination of both. He and Gattis have a prior relationship and truthfully, what's the rush?

Let the man land on his feet. No need to embarrass him (his product did a perfect example).

Remember, Cristobal is a Saban disciple at this point, and one thing about the Kirby's and the Jumbo's and Saban himself is they rarely publicly fire coordinators and almost always allow them to simply find another situation.

Remember, Coach Kul and Major Applewhite were never officially fired by Bama for example. Same with Coley at UGA.

Advertisement
JT doesn’t need this job. It’s a convenience for both sides. However with having two kids now playing P5 football I wouldn’t be surprised if he steps away.
i actually think this benefits Mario more than it does JT honestly. JT is a nice addition to your analyst room and another guy who can entice kids to commit and teach kids the position. like you said, JT doesnt need to be an analyst.

Think it may be a combination of both. He and Gattis have a prior relationship and truthfully, what's the rush?

Let the man land on his feet. No need to embarrass him (his product did a perfect example).

Remember, Cristobal is a Saban disciple at this point, and one thing about the Kirby's and the Jumbo's and Saban himself is they rarely publicly fire coordinators and almost always allow them to simply find another situation.

Remember, Coach Kul and Major Applewhite were never officially fired by Bama for example. Same with Coley at UGA.
From where? They've never worked together. The season ended 3 days ago. Very few on-field coaching decisions have been made across the country. Also have to consider that we won't be responsible for any buyout money should Gattis find a new opportunity.

Advertisement
He knew his sons was playing when he took the job

From where? They've never worked together. The season ended 3 days ago. Very few on-field coaching decisions have been made across the country. Also have to consider that we won't be responsible for any buyout money should Gattis find a new opportunity.
kentucky, ATM fired OCs already. im not worried either way. you can fire a guy in 3 weeks as long as you have your guy lined up and ready to go. if youre gonna wait to fire him bc youre still deciding and then go on a 3 month interview process, then we have problems

Advertisement

They don’t have a relationship and Mario is a butch disciple not saban

They don’t have a relationship and Mario is a butch disciple not saban
yeah i dont think they overlapped at bama but i may be wrong. and idk where people are getting that mario is a saban disciple. he worked for him, yes, but that was after being an HC. he grew his wings under butch as you said

Obviously from a fan perspective we are impatient and want to see Gattis gone. Realistically, we should know by now that Mario does things on his own timeline. It doesn't really matter when it is announced honestly as long as Mario knows who the next guy will be and can give that info to recruits. Mario knows we are going to have to hit the portal harder than most teams this offseason and I think will move accordingly. Cribby already told us, going to be major staff shakeup on the O side of the ball at minimum.

Advertisement
Back