What's lost about Diaz at Texas

Some of you people are ripping Diaz' head off before the 1st play in the 1st game. You want to rip
his head off then WAIT until he doesn't perform. Make sense ?

Advertisement
Some of you people are ripping Diaz' head off before the 1st play in the 1st game. You want to rip

Just getting the ball rolling. After what we will see from this corch, we'll want to get Spanish Dorito canned immediately, so as to not waste another season.

Where were all this Manny Diaz fans when a thread was put up suggesting him and not a single person upvoted it or concurred it was a good idea?????

I know a lotta folks downvoted it. But not a SINGLE person wanted this guy......

.....until the shiny new Do No Wrong coach hired him.
you've been right FullyERicht with everything you've been saying about Diaz but there's been improvement everywhere he's went at some point but even you have to agree he jumped onto a sinking ship at Texas. He fits what we want to do bro if he doesn't work out he doesn't work out and we don't know what he can do with elite recruits which a year or two from now he will have.

Was the talent level so much worse than BYU that BYU should be expected to rush for 550 yards?

The defense improved (not dramatically, but notably) when he was replaced by Greg Robinson that same year. There aren't justifications for his last year + 2 games at UT. There are things to wonder about so that hopefully he doesn't repeat them, but no outright excuses. He failed there.

Lu, can you make your aTm one consolidated, separate thread, for the folks to read and evaluate?

I consolidated all the TAMU posts on the Breakdown thread. Should be easy for anyone to read. I'm waiting to watch more full games to make a separate thread with everything I'm charting or marking down. I think it's weaker to make a conclusion off a single game than to watch a handful (at least).

It's post #285 at this link: https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/manny-diaz-breakdown-thread/96004/19

Last edited:
Was the talent level so much worse than BYU that BYU should be expected to rush for 550 yards?

The defense improved (not dramatically, but notably) when he was replaced by Greg Robinson that same year. There aren't justifications for his last year + 2 games at UT. There are things to wonder about so that hopefully he doesn't repeat them, but no outright excuses. He failed there.

Luigi, the only thing I care about is if he learned from the Texas debacle and made major improvements to his approach. That's why I'm willing to take a wait and see approach with Diaz.

I'm a pretty firm believer that HCs basically are who they are. But I think X and O guys can improve if they learn new ways to attack problems and honestly self-evaluate instead of pointing fingers at the DB coach of HC or anyone else.

Advertisement

Luigi, the only thing I care about is if he learned from the Texas debacle and made major improvements to his approach. That's why I'm willing to take a wait and see approach with Diaz.

I'm a pretty firm believer that HCs basically are who they are. But I think X and O guys can improve if they learn new ways to attack problems and honestly self-evaluate instead of pointing fingers at the DB coach of HC or anyone else.

I'm with you on that Chise, but if you watch his defense from this past season, he's running the exact same thing, exact same flaws. It's just he didn't play a B12 schedule so the results look better (though still not good).

Why can't you all just call a spade, a spade with Diaz. His tenure at Texas was a complete failure, regardless of circumstance. Since then, he's seemed to have grown a little. His stint at LaTech was very good. His re-visit to Starkville was positive and there were things to like, but not great.

Lets not make excuses for the guy before he puts on the Miami ClimaCool polo. There will be plenty of time for habitual excuse making when he's here. But lets pump the brakes on trying to justify trash before he arrives.

Why can't you all just call a spade, a spade with Diaz. His tenure at Texas was a complete failure, regardless of circumstance. Since then, he's seemed to have grown a little. His stint at LaTech was very good. His re-visit to Starkville was positive and there were things to like, but not great.

Lets not make excuses for the guy before he puts on the Miami ClimaCool polo. There will be plenty of time for habitual excuse making when he's here. But lets pump the brakes on trying to justify trash before he arrives.

Cuz folks are so sick and tired of bad defense, and hating the coaches that they just want relief from it. Makes em feel better to think we landed some great DC, even if just for a little while they can hope and dream.

I just hope the narrative doesn't become focused on our players being soft or bad. That's what I can't stand anymore; blaming players for the ineptitude of mediocre coaches.

Advertisement
So Diaz need Coach Kool to be good huh? Why not just make Kool the DC then, and hire a qualified LB coach?

Maybe you should tell Richt about how is failed at his job? Maybe he will start reaching out to you for help in the future? Oh wait... maybe you its you that just doesn't get it, I know that a serious stretch a wannabe butt hurt porster vs. one of the most successful SEC coaches ever who does get it. Maybe... just maybe...

Or maybe you should just up those Schizo meds.

Can you make a post without attacking another poster? Are you capable of that?

Only against the dweeds that are so butt hurt over the Richt hire that they are trying desperately to down everything good that happening at the U right now... After so much shiat we have been thru we are up now and all these haters are showing their true colors. I say F that and go find another team and you telling me about attacking is a total joke. There are 3 or 4 of you butt buddies. You guys drew first blood on just about every poster on here and now you cry like a little girl? You do nothing but bend truths and flat out lie and bash other posters consistently and now your crying? Man up.. grow a pair of balls and act like a Miami fan instead of a Miami hater for once in your life. If you cant see how our future is much brighter but your tone and comments act like we still have Golden on the staff the WTF?

They dont care about Diaz they are still hurt and they want every one on this site to know.

clg is EXTRA rustled. I have microaggressed against him, and harmed his safe zone. He is complaining to the PC police as we speak, that I am saying truthful facts about the career of our new DC, bc those facts happen to make him look like a questionable hire.

Nobody is allowed to say anything factual that might paint a Miami coach in a bad light, and if they do, it's a personal insult. Typical millennial who doesn't understand that free speech means having to hear things that might make you feel uncomfortable.

You facts are so one sided that they are meant to deceive. Always taking every fact out of context just to serve your trolling purpose. If Butch hired this dude you would be sucking his virtual sack. Also half of your posts are lies. You have been doing it for months and the truth is your a troll. You spend more time on the FSU boards than you do on the Miami boards. Go figure.

And its funny hearing someone complain about what someone else is saying stating they don't understand free speech. I mean do you even listen to what your saying? That proves how you think the world revolves around you. It doenst dude, Miami is up and their aint nothing you can do it about it.

The Miami fans on this site are excited about whats happening. Quit bothering us with your bitterness and go back to your war chant board.

So Diaz need Coach Kool to be good huh? Why not just make Kool the DC then, and hire a qualified LB coach?

Maybe you should tell Richt about how is failed at his job? Maybe he will start reaching out to you for help in the future? Oh wait... maybe you its you that just doesn't get it, I know that a serious stretch a wannabe butt hurt porster vs. one of the most successful SEC coaches ever who does get it. Maybe... just maybe...

Or maybe you should just up those Schizo meds.

Can you make a post without attacking another poster? Are you capable of that?

Only against the dweeds that are so butt hurt over the Richt hire that they are trying desperately to down everything good that happening at the U right now... After so much shiat we have been thru we are up now and all these haters are showing their true colors. I say F that and go find another team and you telling me about attacking is a total joke. There are 3 or 4 of you butt buddies. You guys drew first blood on just about every poster on here and now you cry like a little girl? You do nothing but bend truths and flat out lie and bash other posters consistently and now your crying? Man up.. grow a pair of balls and act like a Miami fan instead of a Miami hater for once in your life. If you cant see how our future is much brighter but your tone and comments act like we still have Golden on the staff the WTF?

LOL, seek help please. You are one very delusional poster.

You don't like what GS is saying, we get it. Either refute what he is saying or move along.

If anything you are coming off like the troll because all you do is attack him.

I haven't seen one substantive post from you to date.

Advertisement
clg is EXTRA rustled. I have microaggressed against him, and harmed his safe zone. He is complaining to the PC police as we speak, that I am saying truthful facts about the career of our new DC, bc those facts happen to make him look like a questionable hire.

Nobody is allowed to say anything factual that might paint a Miami coach in a bad light, and if they do, it's a personal insult. Typical millennial who doesn't understand that free speech means having to hear things that might make you feel uncomfortable.

You facts are so one sided that they are meant to deceive. Always taking every fact out of context just to serve your trolling purpose. If Butch hired this dude you would be sucking his virtual sack. Also half of your posts are lies. You have been doing it for months and the truth is your a troll. You spend more time on the FSU boards than you do on the Miami boards. Go figure.

And its funny hearing someone complain about what someone else is saying stating they don't understand free speech. I mean do you even listen to what your saying? That proves how you think the world revolves around you. It doenst dude, Miami is up and their aint nothing you can do it about it.

The Miami fans on this site are excited about whats happening. Quit bothering us with your bitterness and go back to your war chant board.

The issue is you can't refute the weakness in Diaz game that GS is highlighting so you attack and call names. Thats what immature posters do.

Where were all this Manny Diaz fans when a thread was put up suggesting him and not a single person upvoted it or concurred it was a good idea?????

I know a lotta folks downvoted it. But not a SINGLE person wanted this guy......

.....until the shiny new Do No Wrong coach hired him.

Aranda was up there on most lists.
I'm so-so on Diaz.
He's now our Coach so let's go.
Hypothetical question:
Diaz wins the lottery tomorrow morning and retires on his own island.
Who is our DC?
In other words, with Aranda gone, who's the available guy that you wanted?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hear all the time how rivals ranks kids according to whose recruiting them. Maybe those kids that where 4 and 5 stars at Texas where only ranked that high because they where being recruited by Texas.
l

So why was Diaz recruiting untalented kids? Does he have a poor eye for talent?

Can someone explain Diaz's 2011 season at UT when he fielded a top 11 defense? It seems to be glossed over as much as the negative stuff. Something happened between 2011 and the infamous BYU game. If you don't accept the "official" explanation, then what was it?

Advertisement
Back