What's going on with the Sin City odds maker's!

mackjones

Sophomore
Monday AM, Pitt is curently... - 4 1/2 on it's home turf.

After Miami's PUTRID performance Saturn day past, I thought the line would be - 10 1/2. No wonder I'm no odds maker and what not.

So it behooves asking the question: Is there some tangible/intangible Vegas sees about this particular game.

Oh. Sin City naturally took into consideration Miami's injury situation with THREE KEY PLAYERS. Yet the current point spread.

I don't know, because something is AMISS with the opening point spread.

Can any Cane degenerate help me on this one?

Advertisement
The mongoloids of this country will continue to over-bet us in these type of games so Vegas just needs to even out the money and have more people bet Pitt. Hence the very attractive Pitt number.

It's our historical image and perception of talent typically on our rosters (but never actually utilized) that still has people fooled.

Advertisement
I thought they were idiots with the Virginia game. But I said spot on before the Virginia tech and Georgia tech game so go figure

Pitt leads the country in sacks and I'll actually take a Mark Whipple led offense over our D right now so this absolutely has all the makings of another embarrassment for us.

Oh I know. This Pitt team can actually play.

Advertisement
Monday AM, Pitt is curently... - 4 1/2 on it's home turf.

After Miami's PUTRID performance Saturn day past, I thought the line would be - 10 1/2. No wonder I'm no odds maker and what not.

So it behooves asking the question: Is there some tangible/intangible Vegas sees about this particular game.

Oh. Sin City naturally took into consideration Miami's injury situation with THREE KEY PLAYERS. Yet the current point spread.

I don't know, because something is AMISS with the opening point spread.

Can any Cane degenerate help me on this one?

If you feel that strong then make a bet

I don’t think Vegas is lost on the “brand name”; Vegas just can’t predict how unprepared Miami can be. There’s no level of prognostication that can account for that. And, right now, this board especially, won’t allow for the fact that this team is still talented and capable (enough?) of winning out.

The fact is this Miami team is good enough to win - the UVA game shows that - the question is will they be prepared well enough to win. Vegas is hedging for a team that seems to rise (or lower itself) to the level of the competition.

Now, your point makes ABSOLUTE SENSE and all that. Yes, the Hurricanes do have the historical trend ( At least the past 14 seasons. ) of playing to their level of competition. For example, C.MICH and Virginia this season.

Please never ever bet on a Miami game again. Vegas controls the refs and all that ‘action‘ means more tampering.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back