What'r your pros/cons to Spring Game

They executed plays well....our front 7 overall looks good when fresh....TEs are mismatches...Also how can diaz say we dont have a #1 CB? Corn was was clearly the most physical and fluid and active

However, I can see hoe Richt thinks we need speed (woulda been nice to see coley play).....the DL started lockin up/wrestling after a few plays in the drive.....tackling with just a shoulder lead has got to stop

Advertisement
Pro:

Chris Herndon. Man is he going to be a problem for defenses if we use him right. With Njoku requiring the attention he will, Herndon is unguardable.

I was trying to tell dudes on here about Hondo, but the same ***** jumped me in like Esai Morales telling me I'm hyping dudes who haven't done anything. This guy is a major mismatch. He's big, strong, tough with long arms and can run. He will be an NFL player.
I think TE is by far our strongest position..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Pros:
Two of our three best positions are the two most important positions on the field - QB & DL. (TE is stacked also). I really like the quick strike passing game given our OL deficiencies.

Cons:
Horrendous roster management at CB is the thing that is glaring. WR is bad but help's on the way there. We yam what we yam at CB and that's scary and inept from Golden. Richt and Rumph should've done better in February here, too.
Richt couldn't much with the short time to recruit, most kids had relationships already with schools. He'll do much better this class regarding DBs.

Pros:
Two of our three best positions are the two most important positions on the field - QB & DL. (TE is stacked also). I really like the quick strike passing game given our OL deficiencies.

Cons:
Horrendous roster management at CB is the thing that is glaring. WR is bad but help's on the way there. We yam what we yam at CB and that's scary and inept from Golden. Richt and Rumph should've done better in February here, too.

Cons -- your spelling.

"bonified"

Try "bona fide"

Who gives a ****

Guys like me that needs everything to be said and done perfect. No mistakes

If this team can generate a strong pass rush it will help mask some of the secondary's faults. I think there is going to be a lot of growing pains with this defense. Hopefully Richt can have this Offense humming, because there is going to be a ton of shootouts this season.

Advertisement
cons-

as bad as our secondary is...they didnt get to se emuch work with us having walk on wrs out there. Fall sense of security for Ryan Mayes/ Michael Jackson.

OL was without two starters likely..but still would like to see more push in the run game

- If Richt is to use this full back in the offense...how/ why the **** he didnt recruit one? Or atleast kept Tucker who wasnt a bruiser /blocker type...but those kids out there this spring at full back..bless their hearts...

Are we not going to see a lot of vertical routes in this offense? I know Richt expertise is the mid to short game. Didn't see it in the Spring game. I'm hoping it was because there was no speed on the field.

Not until we recruit more speed at wr. Richt has talked about it all Spring.

Coley is about the only guy that can vertically stretch the secondary.

Maybe one of the incoming freshmen can be the other guy that can be a deep threat. Until then it will be spreading teams horizontally and hitting wrs (like Berrios) in the seams and out of the backfield with the back and h-back.

Last edited:
Are we not going to see a lot of vertical routes in this offense? I know Richt expertise is the mid to short game. Didn't see it in the Spring game. I'm hoping it was because there was no speed on the field.

Deception.

Short game, mid-game, short game, mid-game, over and over. When the opponent pulls in to adjust, the deep game comes open.

Lots of higher percentage stuff, eating up yards and clock, pull in defenders, and scorch them long.

Thanks to the posters who shared their thoughts on the spring game. i live in the NE and I promise my grands to take them to see Zootopia, which was very good so I knew I wasn't going to see it at least until Tues on ESPNU.

looking forward to watching it.

Advertisement
The combination of Coley, Njoku, and Herndon creates a pick your poison situation...With a strong running game and good play calling this offense could be epic!

I love the use of TE's. Going to take 2 years to see quality college level corners.

PROS
Two legit freaks at TE. Njoku and Herndon are both long, lean and athletic
A lot of penetration from the D-line
A lot of depth on the D-line. Nice, steady rotation
Young, athletic "Miami type" Linebackers
Offense showed the ability to spread the ball around our of different personnel groupings

CONS
Un-Miami like WR depth (will be fixed soon)
Un-Miami like CB depth. The handful of local kids that Golden passed up on could've helped us greatly
I thought our "best CB" took a lot of abuse in the scrimmage, particularly from Braxton Berrios. I can see why Richt isn't touting him yet.
Bad tackling from the secondary

Pro:

Chris Herndon. Man is he going to be a problem for defenses if we use him right. With Njoku requiring the attention he will, Herndon is unguardable.

I was trying to tell dudes on here about Hondo, but the same ***** jumped me in like Esai Morales telling me I'm hyping dudes who haven't done anything. This guy is a major mismatch. He's big, strong, tough with long arms and can run. He will be an NFL player.

We got two absolute murderers at TE.

Richt has an embarrassment of riches to create mismatches and kill defenses. 2 RBs who catch the ball as well as anyone, 2 insanely gifted TEs, a game-breaking WR and a chain moving WR. To top it off, he has one of the best QBs in college football who is deadly accurate.

Advertisement
Pro:

Richt has an embarrassment of riches to create mismatches and kill defenses. 2 RBs who catch the ball as well as anyone, 2 insanely gifted TEs, a game-breaking WR and a chain moving WR. To top it off, he has one of the best QBs in college football who is deadly accurate.

With the infusion of talent we have at the receiver position our offense should be elite if the oline continues to progress

Plus RBs coming out of the backfield that can catch some balls and the young WRs coming later in the year...

Richt will have enough weapons to throw the ball to....with a couple more classes we should have Miami speed back at the places we should always have speed...

The combination of Coley, Njoku, and Herndon creates a pick your poison situation...With a strong running game and good play calling this offense could be epic!

Pro:

With the infusion of talent we have at the receiver position our offense should be elite if the oline continues to progress
I ain't worried at all about the OL. They just need to be serviceable with the weapons and Kaaya. And Searels will get them there. We have some good material on that OL.

Advertisement

I ain't worried at all about the OL. They just need to be serviceable with the weapons and Kaaya. And Searels will get them there. We have some good material on that OL.

Yeah I rewatched the tape darling, McDermott, St. Louis, gauthier, Isadora all looked pretty good and that's a group missing Linder and Odogwu. I want to see them get more of a push as far as run blocking goes but they are improving in that area.

Pro's: On D, I thought Pinkney and Quarterman played great for true freshmen, Grace played pretty well and was real active along with Mcintosh Jr.

Same Con's that have already been stated. GO CANES

Advertisement
Back