whatever happened to J.C. Jackson?

Advertisement
this is the latest thing i found

Former Florida cornerback J.C. Jackson was an incredibly talented player, slated to start for Florida at cornerback in 2015, ahead of eventual second-team All-American Jalen Tabor.

That is, until he was arrested and charged with armed robbery in May. Jackson was acquitted of all charges in November, and he transferred to Riverside (Cal.) Community College.

Now, Jackson is looking for a new home. And an FBS program in the state sounds interested, according to a report by the Miami Herald.

The Herald writes:

UM, in need of immediate help at cornerback, plans to pursue former UF four-star defensive back J.C. Jackson, who was acquitted on armed robbery charges in November, according to his defensive backs coach at Riverside (Cal.) Community College. That coach, Isaac Shipp, told me that UM cornerbacks coach Mike Rumph called him, asked for Jackson’s number, and “said he’s very interested in JC and will be recruiting him hard.”

Jackson was ahead of Tabor and fellow cornerback Quincy Wilson on the depth chart during spring practice a year ago. Both had terrific seasons for the Gators.

He was been described by those close to the program as one of the best pure athletes to come through Florida in years.

The Herald reports Jackson is on track to graduate in May and will be eligible to play at an FBS school this fall. He has also received interest from South Carolina and former Florida coach Will Muschamp, as well as South Florida.
---------------

For more news on Florida sports and recruiting, follow GatorBait247 on Twitter or sign up for our FREE daily Gators newsletter!

Contact Thomas Goldkamp by 247Sports' personal messaging system or on Twitter at @ThomasGoldkamp.

Unbustable Brackets: Tournament Game Changer!
Author

Thomas Goldkamp @Goldkamp247

Advertisement
I've said it on multiple occasions and I'll say it again. You don't have to believe what I say, but Miami was never recruiting him. I know what he said. I know what the Herald said. But the Canes were never recruiting him

Advertisement
And Rumph alluded to adding more CB from JUCO ranks recently ( I believe on sat). Sometime may be up in a good way or am I getting my hopes up?

I think we are waiting until after Spring ball to see how good or bad our current guys are. Lets face it..the calvary isnt coming in Aug. I like Malek Young but hes not going to step in Day 1 and contribute at the dime or nickel spot right out the gate.

It would just not make sense if we come out of April 16ths spring game saying to ourselves that we only have 2 legit corners as of now..(Elder and Redwine), 2 guys who if we have to depend on them would need a safety blanket at all times (Mayes and Jackson) and another guy who just isnt ready yet and maybe never will be (Henley) and say to ourselves, "Nah, JC isnt needed. We will roll with what we have.".....

I would need more of an explanation because that would be crazy.

I love it when Pete speaks in definitives.

On Trayone Gray

Peter Ariz 02-28-2014, 09:33 PM "He's not getting in"

Advertisement
I've said it on multiple occasions and I'll say it again. You don't have to believe what I say, but Miami was never recruiting him. I know what he said. I know what the Herald said. But the Canes were never recruiting him

So there's a chance?

Maybe JC can be the new Derrick Griffin in our soon to come Lore
I hope im wrong, i hope Pete is wrong but is the reason why the staff wont officially recruit him cause of fear that he might not even be eligible?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think we need to wait until May when Jackson graduates from Juco until this one is over. Richt has never had an issue giving second chances. CB is a top 3 position of need, arguably #1 . Jackson is local. Seems like a match made in heaven.

No disrespect intended, but can you share why a program lacking in CB depth wouldn't be interested in a highly touted juco CB who has an interest in coming??

I can only guess it's because of his legal situation, because it certainly isn't based on us not having the need for talent at the position, IMO.

We took a marginal WR from Ole Miss and a marginal DB from Texas ... JC is, at least, as good as they are, IMO.

Advertisement
Back