What year is Mario seriously on the hot seat?

That’s fair. Mario has made questionable calls this year and made good ones on others. That being said, with time, we won’t ever be in the QB situation like this again. I suspect, in the future, we will be able to bench a QB, and play a decent backup IF (I doubt) should another QB reach Kirby Freeman levels again.
Serious question. Has Mario as a HC ever had a QB room with multiple good QBs? Herbert doesn’t count, Mario didn’t recruit him. Has he recruited QB well historically? Who is the best QB he has recruited as a HC?

Not sure the answers to those questions will give us much faith that he’ll build a QB room like the one you described.
 
I’ll say year 5 hot seat, and a year 6 **** canning if this thing ain’t turned around.
 
Feeling is mutual, my dude.

There are many variables I take to account. Miami is a competent QB from being 8-1 at the very least. That being said, should a stable QB come to Miami and bomb then it will be very difficult to argue something isn’t really wrong. I do not like some of the things we have done on Offense, as well. However, Dawson (who has made big mistakes) is terrified to call anything because TVD is seeing ghosts or has a true freshman at the helm. Not a good situation. Fix that problem and we aren’t having this discussion. But we can agree to disagree.
Fixing the qb room will only help so much if Mario keeps botching the OC hires. Dawson is mid at best. Yes, TVD is a huge problem but Dawson’s complete lack of creativity is just as problematic.
 
How will we be loaded if we continue to lose to inferior competition? Last class was stellar. This class is ok, and who knows what a losing streak to end the season will mean for it. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a few drops, and forget the flips we’ve been working towards.

If Mario starts TVD again this week, I’m checked out. It’s his last chance to try and flip the momentum of this season, or just continue being stubborn. If it’s the latter, then we know what we will have for the remainder of his time here.
You say ok class
It's the best WR class I can remember
A top 5 RB
A starting LT type
Depth on the lines and lb that is needed.

It's shaping up to be top 10 with key position additions
 
Mario will not succeed here. We're going to have to sit through another two years with 8-9 wins being our ceiling. At 8 million dollars a year, you got to think that all the pitchforks will be out by the end of year four.
 
It's funny thing cause three fourth of this board wanted CRISTOBAL bad for about 3 to 4 YRS. Screaming we want MARIO and now some wants his head on platter. I personally did not like the hire. I wanted a hire that had no ties at the university. LOT'S better candity then him . He lives in the past. He's a terrible COACH. Miami is done. Will never be the same team of the PAST. We wouldn't have these problems if BUTCH DAVIS WOULD HAVE COME BACK
.
 
Bro. He’s a Miami guy. It’s going to take a few/several/a lot of years until he gets his guys. We’re just a few coal shovelers away from being back really. The pillars are in place.

We’re already seeing results (at Greentree). Lots of all Americans there. Guys are flying around, having fun and making plays. I hear there is a yacht party this weekend too.

We can still win the coastal this year. But the real fun starts in 2033. See you then.
 
Assuming, as I do, that this thing isn't going to get any better. This appears to be the Titanic halfway to hitting the iceberg. Another epic failed head coaching hire but with serious dollar ramifications.

I believe the Hot Seat starts in Year 3 in the second half of the season, he continues on through Year 4 and 5. Then there is a mutiny among fans, donors, etc.

A buyout IMO is a forgone conclusion.

Then rinse and repeat the next Miami player/assistant coach hire. The [BGCOLOR=initial]only exception to this is that I would wholeheartedly welcome an interview with Rhett Lashlee.[/BGCOLOR]
FLY THE BANNERS!!!
 
My guess is after year 4. No roster excuses every player will be Mario's own.
 
I think the jury’s out on whether he succeeds here or not. Fact is, a lot of coaches turn the corner year 3 (e.g., Steve Sarkisian, James Franklin, Mike Norvell, etc.). He’s made some terrible decisions though (initial coordinator hires, sticking with TVD, not getting a transfer QB in the portal, etc.)
Two of those coaches are elite offensive masterminds who can scheme you to death.
 
His ceiling is higher than nearly all of his predecessors since 2002. Despite the recent failures and lapses in judgement he is our coach even though he's a corch right now. You can bury this thread like a time capsule and unearth it in 3 years if we're still suffering the same ailments. CMC ain't getting let go for a good while barring any scandals. He'll either fix this **** or Larranaga will live forever and we become a basketball school.
 
I would have loved to have seen what Kiffin could do at Miami. Not only does he have the type of brash, ****y personality that would resonate with old-school Miami fans, but I definitely think he would take this job in a heartbeat if it were offered to him. Oh well, it is what it is, and my gut tells me we’re stuck with Mario for at least 2-3 more years.
 
I don't think he is on the hot seat but major scrutiny yes. The man is just not a good head coach and he's going to lose this team if he continues to make stupid decisions. If this season ends the way I think it will I believe there will be a exodus of players that recognize Mario is not the coach for them. This could get very ugly and I hope it doesn't. I've been saying this from the minute he got here. UM must hire an assistant coach to handle ALL DAY GAME DECISIONS because Mario is woefully incompetent in that area. For me he should be on the heat seat but his long term contract protects him big time. Just another poor hire by UM and it's so sad we can't get it right.
 
I think he's got 3 years with a freezing cold seat.

Year 4 is when that seat could get warm or even hot depending on how things go. That's when the team is Mario-only players/culture.

Just my opinion.
 
Assuming, as I do, that this thing isn't going to get any better. This appears to be the Titanic halfway to hitting the iceberg. Another epic failed head coaching hire but with serious dollar ramifications.

I believe the Hot Seat starts in Year 3 in the second half of the season, he continues on through Year 4 and 5. Then there is a mutiny among fans, donors, etc.

A buyout IMO is a forgone conclusion.

Then rinse and repeat the next Miami player/assistant coach hire. The [BGCOLOR=initial]only exception to this is that I would wholeheartedly welcome an interview with Rhett Lashlee.[/BGCOLOR]

Objectively speaking…

+He’s fixed the OL, LB, RB, and WR if he can close the ‘24 and ‘25 classes as is.
+The Edge defenders are top shelf and most are young and will only improve.
+They have a good amount of bodies at Safety
+The defensive scheme is flexible and fits this roster and recruiting base like a glove.

- Too many projects in the QB room. ‘24 is his 3rd recruiting class and they are all projects. That’s bad news.
- Too many slow DB’s. At some point, you’ll need athletes out there. When you start playing for conference titles and playoff spots, a certain level of athleticism is needed at the position that is not being recruited.
- DT is full of young bodies not ready to compete. This will be a problem in 2024. A lack of depth there will torpedo the season next year.

I’m confident that if the scheme stays as is, you won’t be able to attract a QB in the portal.

For DT, Leonard Taylor is playing like a mad man and is really helping his stock for the draft. It’ll also help (if the scheme remains the same) with DT recruiting in the portal.

The philosophy at DB is somewhat perplexing for me. I don’t get it, but it’ll keep going apparently.

So that’s my saying that by 2024, the two positions that Miami will be lacking in is QB and CB.

That, my friends, is another 8-4 or 7-5 season.

Thinking out loud, combining that with the mistakes Cristobal makes during game day…the ceiling here is 9-3 or 8-4.
 
Back
Top