What yall drinking tonight?

Me too. The thing about fighters like that is they can fight forever. Look at Bernard Hopkins. He wasn't crazy fast. Wasn't a power puncher. Not the best chin. But he was smart as ****. One of the smartest boxers of all time and that is why he was able to fight until his mid 40s.
Excellent point. The smartest fighters also are the least cleanly hit. In addition, they dont get sucked in to a brawl or feel the need to get too macho and separate from the gameplan.

Advertisement
Excellent point. The smartest fighters also are the least cleanly hit. In addition, they dont get sucked in to a brawl or feel the need to get too macho and separate from the gameplan.

Appreciate that bro. Great points you added in too. Very true. Look at the guys like Gatti that love getting into brawls and rely on their chin. Eventually even guys with the most granite chins end up getting them cracked and there careers just tumble down from there. Your body can only take so much punishment.

Same with the speedy guys. There is going to be a point in your career where you are just not as fast as you used to be. And if you rely heavily on your speed when you start slowing down you have to learn a whole new game plan and at that points its too late.

The only exception is the guys with massive power like Foreman. It seems like it takes forever to lose your power. The guys who were big time punchers were able to rely on that until they were very old and were still knocking MFs out. My old coach is pushing 70 right now and still hits like a truck.

Appreciate that bro. Great points you added in too. Very true. Look at the guys like Gatti that love getting into brawls and rely on their chin. Eventually even guys with the most granite chins end up getting them cracked and there careers just tumble down from there. Your body can only take so much punishment.

Same with the speedy guys. There is going to be a point in your career where you are just not as fast as you used to be. And if you rely heavily on your speed when you start slowing down you have to learn a whole new game plan and at that points its too late.

The only exception is the guys with massive power like Foreman. It seems like it takes forever to lose your power. The guys who were big time punchers were able to rely on that until they were very old and were still knocking MFs out. My old coach is pushing 70 right now and still hits like a truck.
Yes sir...power guys with a great chin fight till they just dont feel like it anymore. Foreman is an excellent example. Hagler was still amazing but hated the politics and judging so he went to France and is livin the life.

Yes sir...power guys with a great chin fight till they just dont feel like it anymore. Foreman is an excellent example. Hagler was still amazing but hated the politics and judging so he went to France and is livin the life.

**** ya bro! Hagler is a perfect example too. I bet dude could have fought until he was 50 if he wanted too. He just didn't like dealing with the BS and I don't blame him. Imagine training your *** off your whole life just to deal with BS like that. Those jersey dudes are tough AF, even though he fought out of mass he was from NJ. I remember going over the bridge to train over there with my cousins. The dudes that came over to NJ out of philly brought over those philly gym war style of training. Those guys would go for like 15+ rounds straight sparring and they acted like they were fighting for a belt. I never saw anything like that before and then we come back the next day and the same dudes are sparring again lol.

Advertisement
**** ya bro! Hagler is a perfect example too. I bet dude could have fought until he was 50 if he wanted too. He just didn't like dealing with the BS and I don't blame him. Imagine training your *** off your whole life just to deal with BS like that. Those jersey dudes are tough AF, even though he fought out of mass he was from NJ. I remember going over the bridge to train over there with my cousins. The dudes that came over to NJ out of philly brought over those philly gym war style of training. Those guys would go for like 15+ rounds straight sparring and they acted like they were fighting for a belt. I never saw anything like that before and then we come back the next day and the same dudes are sparring again lol.
Leonard whooped that ****

**** when was you born no disrespect meant that fight changed fighting FOREVER with the 12 rounds

Hahaha for sure. I was born in the end of 92.. I have watched a TON of old school fights though. One of my old coaches used to have a garage full of tapes of all the old great fights. Me and my boys would spend hours just watching and analyzing the tapes after training. Now I still try and catch a lot of the classic fights on youtube. So I do know a lot about the old school fighters, but not being there and watching the build up and stuff kind of makes you miss some of the nuances of the fight. Like for the 12 round rule getting changed and stuff like that.

Advertisement
Finished a bottle of Pinch and relations of an adult nature with the wife, final viewing of Canesinsight before never neveland. All in all a good night

You making me feel old my friend...oh wait I am old🍻😪

haha nah its all good bro. I always like talking to people older than me about boxing because you learn a lot from all those years of watching. If the body never got old people would be reaching their peak fighting skills in their 90s.

Advertisement
haha nah its all good bro. I always like talking to people older than me about boxing because you learn a lot from all those years of watching. If the body never got old people would be reaching their peak fighting skills in their 90s.
Well that makes me feel good I'm bout to reach my peak **** I feel the testosterone building

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back