What would Golden have done with the 2001 team?

He was such a bad coach he might have gone 10-2 with that squad. Coker at least took until the Peach Bowl vs LSU to ruin the program.

i disagree any coach would of won with that team. had players not forced miami administration to keep coker as hc i think they win more then the 1 title.

coker did what he was suppose to win with that squad but barry alvarez or anyone who had experiance could of won with that team. i could of won coaching that team. that team was that good.

that said a better coachig hire then probably keeps miami relevant and not have 10 yrs of horrid football.

Advertisement
With Golden, we would have been 9-2/8-3 heading into the bowl game. And since Golden can't win a bowl game to save his life, we'd finish 9-3/8-4.

Losses to BC, Virginia Tech, and losing in a shoot-out at FSU. (Remember, it was our disruptive defense that forced Rix into like 5 turnovers in that game. Instead, we'd now have a passive defense that would allow Rix to sit back and pick us apart and we'd probably lose similar to how we lost the Cincy game this year)

Advertisement
Interesting scenario. I believe we would have gone 9-3 on the basis of Folden's insistence on running that god awful defensive scheme. He's a total shmuck.

Advertisement
There was hallof famers understand this, y do people think there are nfl hall of famers on our roster now?

We recruited different animals back than, look at,bama rt now that was miami but faster. Our players then went to the league and were pro bowlers instantly. Now we send kids to the nfl and they get coaching but they are decent to good players.

Our roster is buns sauce and people think we habe this super roster we dont

Last edited:
The better question is: what would the 2001 team have done with Golden? My guess is, upon seeing the new 2 gap, patty cake 3-4 defense, beat the **** out of him, tied him up, and thrown him in a locker until February.

The real question is "what would Hitler have done with the 2002 team?".

Personally I think he would have won the title AND occupied France.

Hitler would have taken Moscow AND Stalingrad with the 2001 team.

Whatever this is supposed to be about.

What if the 2001 team had to play with a greased pig instead of a football. What would our passing game stats look like?

What if is a useless game.

Advertisement
Not sure there was that much of a difference between Coker and Al HOWEVER - Chud and Randy as Coordinators, big difference

PS 2001 team should have lost to BC - I was at the game --- shows you that college kids can have a really bad game on the road - even against a team with 4 L's

Miami still wouldve won. The players coached that team.

I know you guys don't believe this but I'm a relative of a player who played on that team not just my brother who graduated the year before........... They didn't listen to **** the coaches told them they played whatever defense they wanted and same on offense.

Miami still wouldve won. The players coached that team.

I know you guys don't believe this but I'm a relative of a player who played on that team not just my brother who graduated the year before........... They didn't listen to **** the coaches told them they played whatever defense they wanted and same on offense.
You are correct, I don't believe you on this.

Advertisement
Golden and staff would have been run out of town by the players.

Reed and Dorsey take over the DC and OC duties.

They would have still won if he doesn't change anything
Mainly because they were 12-1 the year before...He would be stepping into a team trending up, unlike he did in 2011 when the team was trending down AND they got hit with sanctions. Don't think any coach could mess up the leadership on that team...though can't say if the team does as much after that year

Didn't mean to down vote

Could we please end these endless comments about Golden?He's gone,there all gone,new era,time to move on!

They would have still won if he doesn't change anything
Mainly because they were 12-1 the year before...He would be stepping into a team trending up, unlike he did in 2011 when the team was trending down AND they got hit with sanctions. Don't think any coach could mess up the leadership on that team...though can't say if the team does as much after that year

when you think you heard it all than this appears

Advertisement
Back