What would be your top 5 Realistic HC Wishlist for Miami?

Advertisement
1) Matt Campbell
2) PJ Fleck
3) Bronco Mendenhall
4) Lance Leipold
5) Billy Naiper

All proven evaluators, winners, coaches, and for the most part(Lance Leipold hasn’t really proven it) recruiters. Bottom three probably being the most realistic BUT money wise all are realistic.

Advertisement
1) Matt Campbell
2) PJ Fleck
3) Bronco Mendenhall
4) Lance Leipold
5) Billy Naiper

All proven evaluators, winners, coaches, and for the most part(Lance Leipold hasn’t really proven it) recruiters. Bottom three probably being the most realistic BUT money wise all are realistic.
The first 3 are unrealistic but the 2nd two are possible

Waited too long on Babers. Love the way he built upon the Briles offense, but you have to make hires like that when they're on the rise and ahead of the competition. He's now had 3 losing seasons out of 4 at Syracuse. Yeah, Syracuse, I know, but still.

My 5 Realistic would be.

1st-Chris Klieman
2nd-Steve Sarkisian
3rd-Luke Fickell
4th-Dino Barbers
5th- Robert Saleh

Billy Napier would be a great fit here as well

Last edited:
Advertisement
My 5 Realistic would be.

1st-Chris Klieman
2nd-Steve Sarkisian
3rd-Luke Fickell
4th-Dino Barbers
5th- Robert Saleh
D14550ED-682A-41F6-82CB-EAF847C02412.gif

We paid Richt what? 4.5? Throw 4.5 on that reel and one of those three will bite.
Fleck and Campbell will only leave for elite jobs. Mendenhall has a good job at Virginia that fits him well. Idk why he switch to another costal team. Money isn't everything to these coaches. They already make a good salary

Mendenhall 3.5M per year
Pj Fleck 4.6M per year
Matt Campbell 3.5M per year

Advertisement
1) Matt Campbell
2) PJ Fleck
3) Bronco Mendenhall
4) Lance Leipold
5) Billy Naiper

Fleck is an issue in regards to fit. That corny crap isn't going to fly in Miami or any major city. **** good coach though, that has a limited reach outside of the midwest, or your typical college town.

Campbell isn't realistic lol... It's going to take a elite job for him to leave Iowa State which I do not understand

You throw enough money at Campbell, he'll bail. I think he wants a typical factory job, or a well managed NFL franchise, but I'm not sold that he is locked in at Iowa State long term. He realizes that you cannot win a national championship at Iowa State. Now, it could be that he is happy at Iowa State and wants to live the Kirk Ferentz lifestyle(A decent college coach that gets paid a ton to win 8-10 games per year), and if that's the case, then he isn't going anywhere.

Advertisement
Fleck is an issue in regards to fit. That corny crap isn't going to fly in Miami or any major city. **** good coach though, that has a limited reach outside of the midwest, or your typical college town.

You throw enough money at Campbell, he'll bail. I think he wants a typical factory job, or a well managed NFL franchise, but I'm not sold that he is locked in at Iowa State long term. He realizes that you cannot win a national championship at Iowa State. Now, it could be that he is happy at Iowa State and wants to live the Kirk Ferentz lifestyle(A decent college coach that gets paid a ton to win 8-10 games per year), and if that's the case, then he isn't going anywhere.
I don’t want Fleck here. He cloud stay in the Big 10. Reminds me of another Al Golden.

I think he would only leave for a job like Penn State, Michigan or something similar. I believe he's had several Quality P5 offers he's turned down. He turned down FSU this year. Fleck is a very good coach and would fit here very well. He can inspire players and his team loves him. I don't think it's corny at all.

Last edited:
For those claiming some HCs will only take an elite job, what does Miami have to do to be elite? Win the ACC a few times and make the CFP? Win a national championship? Pay $5m+?

We all agree Miami enjoys an elite recruiting base. I do not believe facilities are an issue unless you think Greentree waterslides, a miniature golf course, and locker rooms where each locker is a private room with a full bar.

Other than a will-never-exist on-campus stadium, what do you think is missing?

Advertisement
Back