What would be your top 5 Realistic HC Wishlist for Miami?

Advertisement
1. Josh Heupel
2. Billy Napier
3. Rhett Lashlee
4. Cale Gundy
5. Zach Arnett

I also think Justin Wilcox & Dino Babers would do well here.
I often thought about Lashlee as well. What happens if we're in a scenario were Lashlee is being offered several HC jobs? Do we make him HC or let him leave?

Advertisement
I often thought about Lashlee as well. What happens if we're in a scenario were Lashlee is being offered several HC jobs? Do we make him HC or let him leave?
We let him leave. ****, they wanted Diaz badly and let him go to Temple. No way they fire him to promote Lashlee. I honestly think he's far better HC material than Diaz, but he's not a politically motivated hire, and UM gets the warm and fuzzies from those.

1. Josh Heupel
2. Billy Napier
3. Rhett Lashlee
4. Cale Gundy
5. Zach Arnett

I also think Justin Wilcox & Dino Babers would do well here.

Love this list. Heupel would be my number 1 choice too. Hypothetically if Manny is let go we need to hire an offensive guru. The problem with hiring a “CEO” type of coach like Ed O or dabo is you have to pay big money to 2 coordinators to be good. And you would have a lot of staff turnover every couple years if you’re successful. We are barely willing to pay 1 coordinator big money. At least with an offensive guy, the system is in place and you just need a defensive coordinator.

We let him leave. ****, they wanted Diaz badly and let him go to Temple. No way they fire him to promote Lashlee. I honestly think he's far better HC material than Diaz, but he's not a politically motivated hire, and UM gets the warm and fuzzies from those.
Lol our Athletic Department has sure made some poor hires. I'm guessing a lot of Coaches don't want the HC job here.

Advertisement
Love this list. Heupel would be my number 1 choice too. Hypothetically if Manny is let go we need to hire an offensive guru. The problem with hiring a “CEO” type of coach like Ed O or dabo is you have to pay big money to 2 coordinators to be good. And you would have a lot of staff turnover every couple years if you’re successful. We are barely willing to pay 1 coordinator big money. At least with an offensive guy, the system is in place and you just need a defensive coordinator.

If Heupel was HC, that means Randy Shannon might be back as DC. Would cause a nuclear meltdown on this site.

He is a good 2nd choice.

#1 is Mario Cristobal. That's right- I make my own rules around here.

Last edited:
I like Jeff Hafley alot as a coach... Interested to see what he does at BC. Been around winning programs, can recruit, and also has NFL experience.

Obviously he hasn't shown anything as a HC yet but I think he'll be big.

Scatterfield is another good one.

Advertisement
Do you guys think Graham Harrell is HC material or a lifelong OC like David Yost
That's a good question, I don't know how'd he do running a whole program but as an OC he's one of the best in the business. I think he has the personality to be a good HC, but who knows...

I'd take a flyer on him though, he would without doubt open up a pipeline into Texas, he'd probably hire his younger brother Clark to Coach here which could be both good & bad, our offense would never suck in his tenure but our Defense would probably fall off.

Either way, the next HC if Diaz doesn't work out should be an offensive minded coach who has in depth experience with high octane offense & putting up points on the board.

The Defensive minded coaches we always hire always have really bad offenses out the gate because they go ultra conservative on their first OC hire because they want a guy that will play slow paced ball control offense to protect their Defense & it always backfires.

We need to hire Offensive gurus that will keep us relevant to recruits & will be appealing to high level gifted QB's.

The only Defensive minded Coaches I think would be good are the guys who are proven winners as a HC or proven developers during their time as DC's.

That's a good question, I don't know how'd he do running a whole program but as an OC he's one of the best in the business. I think he has the personality to be a good HC, but who knows...

I'd take a flyer on him though, he would without doubt open up a pipeline into Texas, he'd probably hire his younger brother Clark to Coach here which could be both good & bad, our offense would never suck in his tenure but our Defense would probably fall off.

Either way, the next HC if Diaz doesn't work out should be an offensive minded coach who has in depth experience with high octane offense & putting up points on the board.

The Defensive minded coaches we always hire always have really bad offenses out the gate because they go ultra conservative on their first OC hire because they want a guy that will play slow paced ball control offense to protect their Defense & it always backfires.

We need to hire Offensive gurus that will keep us relevant to recruits & will be appealing to high level gifted QB's.

The only Defensive minded Coaches I think would be good are the guys who are proven winners as a HC or proven developers during their time as DC's.
Great points... I remember when Virginia made a run at Mark Richt and he choose us instead. I've always wondered how Bronco Mendenhall would of done here. I only bring him up because you were referring to proven defensive minded HCs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back