What will definitely happen with TVD and Garcia - UPDATE for Uva

RedSquare

Freshman
If both are healthy, and both practiced and got reps the week, then I'm adopting what I said last week below for the UVA game.

You'll see good plays, and bad, from both guys .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No matter what anybody says, and no matter what happens Saturday, here are 10 truths about our freshmen QB's that you can carve in stone .....

1. Both TVD and Garcia will play against Cent CT State (UVA)

2. Both will play in other games this season

3. One will look better than the other at various times - in fact, expect it to happen from the very first game

4. They both will look good at times, .... average at times, ..... and completely lost at others

5. Whatever happens this year, it doesn't mean one is definitely the starter over the other in sept 2022

6. Garcia will look bad and will throw 2 picks in a row on deep balls -- slurps will say he's a "gunslinger" -- naysayers will say he's reckless and nothing but a Harry Highschool QB

7. TVD will look bad and scramble or throw the ball away -- slurps will say he's making good decisions to protect the ball -- naysayers will say he's uncertain and lacks instincts

8. Posters on CIS will automatically favor one over the other, and stick to it until they get dropped in the grave ... making up their minds after 4 plays

9. 99.9% of the posters will ignore that both are freshmen, both have zero experience, and both are playing with a mediocre defense and terrible O-Line

10. It's all absolutely gospel ...... no matter what happens with win/losses, if/when Manny is fired, or who the next coach is starting in January.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pray that doesn’t happen because Brown won’t be ready to be primary backup and Matocha just doesn’t have. Meanwhile a kid from Boca High almost beat OU. Sigh….

if the past 24 hours shows anything, it shows that you're one play away from having there entire team on your shoulders.

I think both these kids have real upside. there's a reason people who are close to the team have been saying they are each high ceiling guys and the best 1/2 duo we've had in the QB room since Walsh/Erickson.

We need them both

Advertisement
One will win the job the other will transfer

It is known
61861281.jpg

Only one of the QBs has zero experience unless zero doesn’t mean what it used to mean before OP made this thread.

I'd like to see if either one of them can find some of those open receivers downfield that King tends to miss. If so things could get interesting.
My biggest complaint on King. He decision making just wasn't fast enough. He was too slow to make the decision.

Very curious to see if these new guys have the updated software processors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
9. 99.9% of the posters will ignore that both are freshmen, both have zero experience, and both are playing with a mediocre defense and terrible O-Line

#9, OP, It does not matter if they are both true Frosh, either one of these cats, if they are worth their salt, will beat this team Sat. with no problem. If they struggle, we may not have what we think in the QB room.

Advertisement
No matter what anybody says, and no matter what happens Saturday, here are 10 truths about our freshmen QB's that you can carve in stone .....

1. Both TVD and Garcia will play against Cent CT State

2. Both will play in other games this season

3. One will look better than the other at various times - in fact, expect it to happen from the very first game

4. They both will look good at times, .... average at times, ..... and completely lost at others

5. Whatever happens this year, it doesn't mean one is definitely the starter over the other in sept 2022

6. Garcia will look bad and will throw 2 picks in a row on deep balls -- slurps will say he's a "gunslinger" -- naysayers will say he's reckless and nothing but a Harry Highschool QB

7. TVD will look bad and scramble or throw the ball away -- slurps will say he's making good decisions to protect the ball -- naysayers will say he's uncertain and lacks instincts

8. Posters on CIS will automatically favor one over the other, and stick to it until they get dropped in the grave ... making up their minds after 4 plays

10. It's all absolutely gospel ...... no matter what happens with win/losses, if/when Manny is fired, or who the next coach is starting in January.
My fear is Mann Mann will mishandle the sitch and both will hit the portal. I’m kidding boys…

I think

Advertisement
Back